The Difference Between Our Fan Base and UGAg

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Todd Gurley's 4th quarter cumulative stats: 21 for 265, 12.6 ypc. I'd be frustrated if I were him, having to carry an entire team like that. Mason has proved to be a very underwhelming QB and teams will take advantage of that. To quote a Tennessee fan on reddit prior to the game:

Georgia's playbook is stunningly simple:
  • Gurley to right
  • Gurley to left
  • Gurley up center
  • Gurley
  • Bad pass

until somebody can stop it,why not?
we are about to get a dose of TBack hell this week,my guess is

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Gurley is the real deal. Reminds me alot of Marshawn Lynch. But that style may wear him down over the season. UGags QB and Def. Are below average though. They have a very weak schedule AGAIN this year. How does a team avoid LSU,BAMA, and TA&M in a season? Hell they dont even have to play the Miss schools. Their SOS should be about even with ours at seasons end. Auburn is the only tough team they play in conference. What a joke. But i heard on the radio that fans are panicking bcuz the game was so close at HOME. I would almost guarantee , had their QB not gone out when he did... that Tenn. Wins pretty handily.
Will bet you geoegie fans are lighitng up the air in DAWGRANT.......they are upset with Bobo and MR and the ga defense.........hope they stay that way.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Even if Gurly were to get knocked out for the season....ugag wouldn't miss much of a beat with all the talent they have at that position. Bobo might use it as an excuse to throw more though :p
Georgie would not be that good no dobut without the ManChild but they have several backs that could fit the bill ....probably have to throw more but if they did it would be short passes for Mason.......they have Chub and he aint chop liver.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
back to relating the responses to the OP and others...

They have a STABLE - as in a load of big thorough bred - RBs fo cheer, GT fans a lot of RBs that are academically well ahead of the average NCAA player and could be on most NCAA teams. (I'm not picking on any of our players with that comment.)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The east is WEAK, uga only plays 3 ranked teams this year. Clemson, USCe, and Auburn, but yet they always talk s*** about how noboy else plays anybody. Looking on Facebook people raving about how they beat Tennessee in a tough fight, but knew it would be because its SEC football. They dont wanna talk about how OU stomped UT a couple of weeks ago.

Biggest difference in us and them is that they are ignorant and we're logical. They can barely beat a weak opponent and think they are on the way to a National championship, if we barely beat a weak opponent we talk about how bad we are and think we're gonna get whooped by the big 4. I actually think their cocky ignorance helps them though and maybe we should be more like that. They would honestly believe they could beat the Seahawks if they had to play them. Were scared to tell people were gonna beat anybody, thinking if we were, we aint now just because we said it.

Uga could be down by 30 and as soon as they make a big play their fans are right back in it as if they were only down by 3. Im not sayin to look as stupid as most Ga fans, but lets be a little more positive and a little less pessimistic.

O and lets blow the top off of BDS this coming Saturday and stomp the U. GO JACKETS!!
Agreed. Being delusional has its advantages if you are a football fan. SEC looks pretty weak as a whole but fans will carry some of their teams further on sheer pride and emotion. I could see uga getting to SEC championship due to lack of competition. They would lose of course but this same fan delusion might make it closer than it should be allowing uga fans to add more delusions along with "wait til next year" woofing.

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
Todd Gurley's 4th quarter cumulative stats: 21 for 265, 12.6 ypc. I'd be frustrated if I were him, having to carry an entire team like that. Mason has proved to be a very underwhelming QB and teams will take advantage of that. To quote a Tennessee fan on reddit prior to the game:

Georgia's playbook is stunningly simple:
  • Gurley to right
  • Gurley to left
  • Gurley up center
  • Gurley
  • Bad pass

Why would they do anything else? The guy has 700 all purpose yards through 4 games. The only person ahead of him for career TDs at Georgia is Herschel.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
How its reported.

SEC is great dont get me wrong. But its way too slanted.

SEC is very good. Not great, per se. It is a shade better than other conferences (as it should be given the semi-pro nature of its athletic programs) but not so much better as all the media hype (or their own fans) would have you believe.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Even if Gurly were to get knocked out for the season....ugag wouldn't miss much of a beat with all the talent they have at that position. Bobo might use it as an excuse to throw more though :p
It is crazy that their 5th string rb might be starting and be a star at GT if he was a man of his word.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
SEC is very good. Not great, per se. It is a shade better than other conferences (as it should be given the semi-pro nature of its athletic programs) but not so much better as all the media hype (or their own fans) would have you believe.

as an example. Indiana, the WORST or annually the worst big ten team, in a conf that sucks, punks missouri. Silence. No talk of the SEC weakening that the SEC East champs just went down vs a sister of the poor program

They go to USCe, who was way overrated, win in a ridiculous fashion in the final 4 mins; and now the SEC is so damn tough?

How about this. USCe had no business being in the top 20. How about missouri is no better than a middle ACC team like Miami, VT, GT. How about in the SEC East there is only ONE TEAM worthy of a top 25 ranking today as we speak, and that is UGA, and they are maybe a #15 team or so.

One team folks. One team in the mighty SEC East is deserving of a ranking. Hmmmm....doesn't sound too different than the Coastal.

Now the SEC West seems to be loaded, but we will see. Between Ole Miss, Miss St and LSU one of those teams will have to fall off. Statistically you can't have Bama, LSU, Miss, Miss St and Auburn all with only one loss. Are they loaded because the rankings say so or because they are all really good? IMO they may be solid teams. But not all of them are top 15. Thats the media.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
It is crazy that their 5th string rb might be starting and be a star at GT if he was a man of his word.
Yep he did the Adios on us and moved on.....he was pretty good all round athlete too.He could even play very good HS defense.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Being delusional has its advantages if you are a football fan. SEC looks pretty weak as a whole but fans will carry some of their teams further on sheer pride and emotion. I could see uga getting to SEC championship due to lack of competition. They would lose of course but this same fan delusion might make it closer than it should be allowing uga fans to add more delusions along with "wait til next year" woofing.
Well who ever designed the schdule the pups play should get a award.......No Bama,LSU and no Mississippi schools......all they have to do is beat Aubie and Fla.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Well who ever designed the schdule the pups play should get a award.......No Bama,LSU and no Mississippi schools......all they have to do is beat Aubie and Fla.
EXACTLY what I said in an earlier post. They seem to miss the good teams every year. Also they get lucky enough to hit the big name schools when they are down. I call it the luck of the Mutts. They will still pump their chests out and claim SEC SEC SEC. But most people wont stop to check that weak *** schedule.

That SEC patch makes them an obvious playoff contender

I concur. The Georgia-Tennessee match up was roughly equal to FSU versus NCST as far as quality of teams go. Yet, NCST being cpmpetitive with the Seminoles is universally seen as a negative for the league, while Tennessee gets positive reviews and accounts for the strength top-to-bottom that exists in the SEC. Even Richt said it, no surprise, this is the SEC. Yes, and without Gurley I think they lose, and I think Tennessee would have won the game had it been in Knoxville, and not "behind the bushes". Bottom line, the mutts looked way less than invincible.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
as an example. Indiana, the WORST or annually the worst big ten team, in a conf that sucks, punks missouri. Silence. No talk of the SEC weakening that the SEC East champs just went down vs a sister of the poor program

They go to USCe, who was way overrated, win in a ridiculous fashion in the final 4 mins; and now the SEC is so damn tough?

How about this. USCe had no business being in the top 20. How about missouri is no better than a middle ACC team like Miami, VT, GT. How about in the SEC East there is only ONE TEAM worthy of a top 25 ranking today as we speak, and that is UGA, and they are maybe a #15 team or so.

One team folks. One team in the mighty SEC East is deserving of a ranking. Hmmmm....doesn't sound too different than the Coastal.

Now the SEC West seems to be loaded, but we will see. Between Ole Miss, Miss St and LSU one of those teams will have to fall off. Statistically you can't have Bama, LSU, Miss, Miss St and Auburn all with only one loss. Are they loaded because the rankings say so or because they are all really good? IMO they may be solid teams. But not all of them are top 15. Thats the media.
My sentiments exactly. Indiana is not just one of the worst teams in the Big, it is one of the worst teams in the nation. Yet not a peep from the SEC sycophants when Missouri lost to them. Meanwhile Texas A&M, which is not a bad team by any means, gets in position to steadily move up the top ten ladder because they beat a crummy South Carolina team and lucked by a perfectly lousy Arkansas team. Georgia loses to a crummy South Carolina team and lucks out against a lousy Tennessee team and they are poised to join the top ten. Meanwhile Ole Miss struggles for most of the game against Memphis but they had already gotten their voter boost before the season so no need to drop them in the rankings now. Sheesh.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Just a quirk in schedule rotation. One day in the future they will have to play 'Bama and TX A&M in the same year...plus their annual game with Auburn.

Just like we'll have to play FSU and Notre Dame next year in addition to our annual game with Clemson.