The day after

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Just as an aside, we did something on D yesterday that I hadn't seen since high school when we did it. It was what set up Alexander's sack.

It's 3rd and (I think) 8. They were going to pass. We had the entire front 4 move to their left in unison. Now, if the DL is getting penetration - and we were - the natural reaction of the front 5 on offensive is to move with them. Alexander took a step to his left, then circled around to his right to find a clear lane to Jackson who he proceeded to face plant in no uncertain fashion.

That was fun to watch. Took me right back.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Just as an aside, we did something on D yesterday that I hadn't seen since high school when we did it. It was what set up Alexander's sack.

It's 3rd and (I think) 8. They were going to pass. We had the entire front 4 move to their left in unison. Now, if the DL is getting penetration - and we were - the natural reaction of the front 5 on offensive is to move with them. Alexander took a step to his left, then circled around to his right to find a clear lane to Jackson who he proceeded to face plant in no uncertain fashion.

We have been slanting all year. This year vs all the prior others under roof we have slanted alot more and done alot more x and ET stunts. We finally are doing this....we are also running much better blitz combos than prior years and tighter alignments all around. kudos to roof and staff; we needed these changes

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Great post, it is a GREAT day when Tech wins and UGAg loses. Also, was I the only one that felt extremely uneasy after we had to kick the extra point instead if going for two because of all the penalties? I was very worried we were going to lose by one point again.
Actually, it was a perfect weekend. The Steelers won, too.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Gotta be quick to pull that off, I suppose?

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
We have been slanting all year. This year vs all the prior others under roof we have slanted alot more and done alot more x and ET stunts. We finally are doing this....we are also running much better blitz combos than prior years and tighter alignments all around. kudos to roof and staff; we needed these changes

I've noticed this as well; we're slanting and playing all kinds of games up front which is nice to see.

Is it better talent? Getting guys who are quick enough to loop inside/outside?

Is it better coaching? Have Pelton and Roof "turned the corner" in terms of scheming things up?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I've noticed this as well; we're slanting and playing all kinds of games up front which is nice to see.

Is it better talent? Getting guys who are quick enough to loop inside/outside?

Is it better coaching? Have Pelton and Roof "turned the corner" in terms of scheming things up?
Message boards

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Message boards

Do you think the coaches want/need anymore of our help? Is our work through here? I say we stick around 'til we help Coach get this ST train wreck sorted out. Plus we have BB season and recruiting seasons upcoming as well. Plus, we need to serve as unpaid consultants for Todd. I say they still need us.;););)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Do you think the coaches want/need anymore of our help? Is our work through here? I say we stick around 'til we help Coach get this ST train wreck sorted out. Plus we have BB season and recruiting seasons upcoming as well. Plus, we need to serve as unpaid consultants for Todd. I say they still need us.;););)
You ever meet a coach who said he didn't read message boards who didn't read message boards?

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree .

But even if it is true that uga is still a top 10 team, I have a hard time saying some things that are true . My wife my have a big butt but I'm still not going to say it to her.
From a wife with a big butt, this cracks me up! Great analogy! You are a very wise man...