The day after

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
If Auburn wins the SEC with two losses do they get in over a one loss Miami or two loss Clemson, that they lost to? I could see a scenario with two ACC teams getting in. Then ND could say, we wet the bed by not being in the conference.

I will say this for Notre Dame: That is one team that I will root for MR and his gang of bling wearing thugs to beat. Well, maybe UGA. Wouldn't it be something to watch Miami play UGA in a bowl? It would be like one big gang rumble.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I woke up this morning ( which at my age is a good thing ) and as I looked outside most of you saw gray sky but I saw a big bright sun. Why ? Because all is great a Tech win and a uga loss.

First the Tech win, what a great game beat a Top 20 team still have not loss at home this year. After the VT pick 6 in the 4th quarter Tech could have done what some on here said lose another close game. But like the rest of us keep saying this team will not quit. They will play hard till the last play. So now after a win all is fine. The ones like me who are happy with CPJ and the ones the last few weeks who wanted to see change. Today we are all Tech fans again because our team played their hearts out till the last play. The fact is we don't have a great number of fans so we need to stay together. We all have an opinion and need to respect each other ( we all know it's my opinion that is the right one :)) . If we want to disagree with someone pick a uga fan. Lets face fact they are not that smart so you are going to win, of course they may not think so but you will win. Side note here there is one smart uga past player ( flea77 ) .

And now the second reason today is so sunny and bright. Auburn 40 uga 17. So what did we learn from this game. The first question was is uga really that good ? Their only good win was at ND. Well all I can say is Miami 41 to 8. But if we listen to uga they kept telling us no one can stop our running game. And we have this great freshman QB Jake Fromm who will help lead us to the promise land. ( side note here if you look at a map you will see Auburn is not on the map to the Promise Land ) . Not sure I would say 46 yards is not good for a rushing game that no one can stop. Now that great freshman QB . Auburn did show everyone if you stop their running game he is a freshman keep pressure on him and he will look like a freshman. ( CTR remember this )

So all is great at this Tech house 72 degrees and sunny.
The Promised Land is California. (My authority for geographic certitude is Chuck Berry.) As for UGA's QB, I suspect Venables at Clemson was hoping to draw Georgia in the playoffs. His crash at the QB defense would run him right out of the stadium. Not as a senior maybe, but as a freshman he would have no chance.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Last night I was speaking to a dwag fan when it became obvious that Georgia was going to lose. I asked if they thought it was possible that if Clemson and Miami win out, then Clemson wins the ACC championship, should the ACC should have two teams in the championship playoffs. His reply was “No, A conference shouldn’t have two teams if one or both of them have a loss, and besides, who has Miami beaten.” I then asked him if Georgia wins out, and beats Alabama or Auburn in the championship game, should the SEC have two teams in? His reply was, “of course”. I repeated to him what he had just said about two teams from a conference and asked who has Georgia beaten? Not surprisingly, he didn’t understand the point I was making.

Had a similar conversation in church this morning with a dwag fan. He reiterated the same line I emphasized from your post: "Who have they beaten?"

I then explained that uga was ranked ahead of Bama because of a 1 point win against ND, and Miami just trashed ND by over 30 points.

He replied: "Well ND is a garbage team. That win shouldn't count."

Oh, the irony...

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Had a similar conversation in church this morning with a dwag fan. He reiterated the same line I emphasized from your post: "Who have they beaten?"

I then explained that uga was ranked ahead of Bama because of a 1 point win against ND, and Miami just trashed ND by over 30 points.

He replied: "Well ND is a garbage team. That win shouldn't count."

Oh, the irony...
They are so dumb. But we all know that already.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
I imagine a bunch of y'all watched a lot of the Auburn - Georgia game. The Georgia kick returner had a long run back early, and after that Auburn kicked it very high and short. The kicks were almost punt like. I think Georgia might have called for a fair catch at least once, and when they didn't, the kick cover team was right there when the ball came down. Could we try something like that?

That would be a good question for the CPJ radio show tomorrow.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The Promised Land is California. (My authority for geographic certitude is Chuck Berry.) As for UGA's QB, I suspect Venables at Clemson was hoping to draw Georgia in the playoffs. His crash at the QB defense would run him right out of the stadium. Not as a senior maybe, but as a freshman he would have no chance.

Isn't the Promised Land Guyana? https://www.biography.com/people/jim-jones-10367607

As for UGAg fans and logic; a metaphor applies. "Don't wrestle with a pig, it only pisses off the pig and wastes your time."

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I repeated to him what he had just said about two teams from a conference and asked who has Georgia beaten? Not surprisingly, he didn’t understand the point I was making.

This is your fault for assuming he could understand nuance of conversation.

:ROFLMAO:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This is your fault for assuming he could understand nuance of conversation.

:ROFLMAO:
This is how I feel about uga fans.

th

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
They are so dumb. But we all know that already.
Well, the whole situation with Georgia being number 1 for one week reminds me of when Florida was number 1 for the first time in school history. It was in the mid 1980s with the team dubbed the "Great Wall of Florida" that have John L Williams at running back and Kerwin Bell at quarterback and the great Ricky Natiel at wide receiver. Unfortunately, they ran into Georgia with Lars Tate,and two other great backs all three of whom had one long TD run as Georgia upset UF and ended their dreams. I kind of figured that Georgia was overrated and would wilt under the pressure especially since Auburn would be ready for them at a raucous Jordan Hare Stadium. Even so, it was pretty obvious to me that UGA just isn't all that great. A very good team to be sure but not playoff worthy.