The day after

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
3. Other than kick return and one kick off not a bad day for special teams. Watching out pooch kickoffs I told my son that back in our 1990 NC year, we did not cover well and pooched all our kick offs, for those of you that remember.

also, fumble on punt attempt. Great job by D to keep them off the scoreboard. Our D has been incredibly stout this year when going back on the field after we turn the ball over.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I agree with all this with one caveat. UGA is a very good team. Definitely top 10 but they have a really bad match up with Auburn. Auburn's front four is about as good as Clemson and Alabama's. They stuffed the run all night long. Did you see their tackling? Generally perfect form and Chubb could get very little, if anything, after the initial hit. Dwags are yammering that they want a rematch. Be careful of what you wish for. Alabama just might be better for them than Auburn.

As far as Tech is concerned. Well, if there is a better 4 loss team in the country I would like to see it. Virginia Tech is not quite as good as the old Hokie teams but they still have a Bud Foster defense and that alone will win you a lot of games. No doubt about it, we played very well at times and were just so close to putting the game away for good on at least two occasions. Shades of General Neyland and Bobby Dodd are we a gulp, defensive team now? What's next kicking on third down? Playing for field position? It looks as though the defensive side of the ball is playing a notch or two above the offense.
I agree .

But even if it is true that uga is still a top 10 team, I have a hard time saying some things that are true . My wife my have a big butt but I'm still not going to say it to her.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
:):):):)
A peaceful Sunday morning on GTSwarm (thank you football gods)
well we could always spice it up. Hold on.

Can you believe we didn’t win comfortably enough to get our young kids reps??? How are we supposed to win in 3 years if our true freshmen aren’t playing the entire 4th quarter? Inexcusable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
well we could always spice it up. Hold on.

Can you believe we didn’t win comfortably enough to get our young kids reps??? How are we supposed to win in 3 years if our true freshmen aren’t playing the entire 4th quarter? Inexcusable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes:

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I imagine a bunch of y'all watched a lot of the Auburn - Georgia game. The Georgia kick returner had a long run back early, and after that Auburn kicked it very high and short. The kicks were almost punt like. I think Georgia might have called for a fair catch at least once, and when they didn't, the kick cover team was right there when the ball came down. Could we try something like that?

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Last night I was speaking to a dwag fan when it became obvious that Georgia was going to lose. I asked if they thought it was possible that if Clemson and Miami win out, then Clemson wins the ACC championship, should the ACC should have two teams in the championship playoffs. His reply was “No, A conference shouldn’t have two teams if one or both of them have a loss, and besides, who has Miami beaten.” I then asked him if Georgia wins out, and beats Alabama or Auburn in the championship game, should the SEC have two teams in? His reply was, “of course”. I repeated to him what he had just said about two teams from a conference and asked who has Georgia beaten? Not surprisingly, he didn’t understand the point I was making.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Rewatching it, wasn't it Ajani Kerr who recovered? I seem to remember he came out with the ball.

If u are referring to the brad stewart fumble it was jalen johnson iirc.

The ball actually popped up in the hands of a vt player who was on his back. Jalen fell on top of him and ripped it from his arms. He had better leverage than the guy trying to grab it while on his back.

It saved the game

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
If Auburn wins the SEC with two losses do they get in over a one loss Miami or two loss Clemson, that they lost to? I could see a scenario with two ACC teams getting in. Then ND could say, we wet the bed by not being in the conference.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
If u are referring to the brad stewart fumble it was jalen johnson iirc.

The ball actually popped up in the hands of a vt player who was on his back. Jalen fell on top of him and ripped it from his arms. He had better leverage than the guy trying to grab it while on his back.

It saved the game
I was talking about the Cottrell fumble on the KO. That fumble recovery saved the game.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
1. I think we will look back on this season and really wonder what if. We really should be 8-1 right now and with a Duke win facing Clemson again.
2. It is apparent to me that rain is not good for us.
3. Other than kick return and one kick off not a bad day for special teams. Watching out pooch kickoffs I told my son that back in our 1990 NC year, we did not cover well and pooched all our kick offs, for those of you that remember.
4. Army beat Duke and I would hope we crush them
5. UGA, well Auburn has a very good defense and stacked the box and said Fromm, beat us. Now we know UGA does not have a passing game.
6. UGAs offense is just not built to come back.....just tired of hearing that about us.
7. If we run downhill against UGA we can pick up yards.
8. Miami looks to me like they can take Clemson.
9. Look for Auburn to beat Alabama and beat UGA again.
Can't agree with # 8 and 9. Not alot that we can control re: rain unfortunately.