The day after

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I woke up this morning ( which at my age is a good thing ) and as I looked outside most of you saw gray sky but I saw a big bright sun. Why ? Because all is great a Tech win and a uga loss.

First the Tech win, what a great game beat a Top 20 team still have not loss at home this year. After the VT pick 6 in the 4th quarter Tech could have done what some on here said lose another close game. But like the rest of us keep saying this team will not quit. They will play hard till the last play. So now after a win all is fine. The ones like me who are happy with CPJ and the ones the last few weeks who wanted to see change. Today we are all Tech fans again because our team played their hearts out till the last play. The fact is we don't have a great number of fans so we need to stay together. We all have an opinion and need to respect each other ( we all know it's my opinion that is the right one :)) . If we want to disagree with someone pick a uga fan. Lets face fact they are not that smart so you are going to win, of course they may not think so but you will win. Side note here there is one smart uga past player ( flea77 ) .

And now the second reason today is so sunny and bright. Auburn 40 uga 17. So what did we learn from this game. The first question was is uga really that good ? Their only good win was at ND. Well all I can say is Miami 41 to 8. But if we listen to uga they kept telling us no one can stop our running game. And we have this great freshman QB Jake Fromm who will help lead us to the promise land. ( side note here if you look at a map you will see Auburn is not on the map to the Promise Land ) . Not sure I would say 46 yards is not good for a rushing game that no one can stop. Now that great freshman QB . Auburn did show everyone if you stop their running game he is a freshman keep pressure on him and he will look like a freshman. ( CTR remember this )

So all is great at this Tech house 72 degrees and sunny.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Great post, it is a GREAT day when Tech wins and UGAg loses. Also, was I the only one that felt extremely uneasy after we had to kick the extra point instead if going for two because of all the penalties? I was very worried we were going to lose by one point again.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This has been one of the most intriguing seasons ever. Outside of the Clempson game, we have 4 games where 1 play made the difference. I think the play of the game yesterday (outside of Kerr's break up) was the recovery of Cottrell's fumble. It was just after the pick six. I don't think we recover if VT gets that ball there.Momentum had shifted completely to their side. When we were in the dark days of the late 70's and early 80's, I said I would be happy if we ever got back yo being competitive. And man, this year has been unbelievable. I can see CPJ as the Gladiator, "Are you not entertained?"

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Yesterday was a perfect football Saturday in my opinion. We were able to play on a dry field and got a big win. We are very limited by wet and rainy conditions.
The second reason for the perfect day was that Ugag was exposed by Auburn. Ugag has been vastly over rated by playing a bunch of patsies. Their only claim to support their myth was that they beat Mighty ND.
The third and final reason for the perfect day was that ND was exposed as just another team. Miami totally destroyed them and thus completed the exposure of the #1 UGA fantasy.
I never pull for Ugag, I never pull for Miami unless they are playing Ugag. But yesterday I pulled for Miami because their winning helped expose the myth that was Ugag's greatness.
Yes, we have a shot at beating tUgag at BDS.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh yes. The results of yesterday added a lot more confidence for me. Ugag proved that they are beatable, and we can beat them. It will take a great game from all 3 phases(especially ST), but I think we can do it. The thought of rushing the field after a great win gives me hope.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I woke up this morning ( which at my age is a good thing ) and as I looked outside most of you saw gray sky but I saw a big bright sun. Why ? Because all is great a Tech win and a uga loss.

First the Tech win, what a great game beat a Top 20 team still have not loss at home this year. After the VT pick 6 in the 4th quarter Tech could have done what some on here said lose another close game. But like the rest of us keep saying this team will not quit. They will play hard till the last play. So now after a win all is fine. The ones like me who are happy with CPJ and the ones the last few weeks who wanted to see change. Today we are all Tech fans again because our team played their hearts out till the last play. The fact is we don't have a great number of fans so we need to stay together. We all have an opinion and need to respect each other ( we all know it's my opinion that is the right one :)) . If we want to disagree with someone pick a uga fan. Lets face fact they are not that smart so you are going to win, of course they may not think so but you will win. Side note here there is one smart uga past player ( flea77 ) .

And now the second reason today is so sunny and bright. Auburn 40 uga 17. So what did we learn from this game. The first question was is uga really that good ? Their only good win was at ND. Well all I can say is Miami 41 to 8. But if we listen to uga they kept telling us no one can stop our running game. And we have this great freshman QB Jake Fromm who will help lead us to the promise land. ( side note here if you look at a map you will see Auburn is not on the map to the Promise Land ) . Not sure I would say 46 yards is not good for a rushing game that no one can stop. Now that great freshman QB . Auburn did show everyone if you stop their running game he is a freshman keep pressure on him and he will look like a freshman. ( CTR remember this )

So all is great at this Tech house 72 degrees and sunny.

I agree with all this with one caveat. UGA is a very good team. Definitely top 10 but they have a really bad match up with Auburn. Auburn's front four is about as good as Clemson and Alabama's. They stuffed the run all night long. Did you see their tackling? Generally perfect form and Chubb could get very little, if anything, after the initial hit. Dwags are yammering that they want a rematch. Be careful of what you wish for. Alabama just might be better for them than Auburn.

As far as Tech is concerned. Well, if there is a better 4 loss team in the country I would like to see it. Virginia Tech is not quite as good as the old Hokie teams but they still have a Bud Foster defense and that alone will win you a lot of games. No doubt about it, we played very well at times and were just so close to putting the game away for good on at least two occasions. Shades of General Neyland and Bobby Dodd are we a gulp, defensive team now? What's next kicking on third down? Playing for field position? It looks as though the defensive side of the ball is playing a notch or two above the offense.

1. I think we will look back on this season and really wonder what if. We really should be 8-1 right now and with a Duke win facing Clemson again.
2. It is apparent to me that rain is not good for us.
3. Other than kick return and one kick off not a bad day for special teams. Watching out pooch kickoffs I told my son that back in our 1990 NC year, we did not cover well and pooched all our kick offs, for those of you that remember.
4. Army beat Duke and I would hope we crush them
5. UGA, well Auburn has a very good defense and stacked the box and said Fromm, beat us. Now we know UGA does not have a passing game.
6. UGAs offense is just not built to come back.....just tired of hearing that about us.
7. If we run downhill against UGA we can pick up yards.
8. Miami looks to me like they can take Clemson.
9. Look for Auburn to beat Alabama and beat UGA again.