The CPJ Bowl

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, we know. Pretty much all you ever post about.

To answer the OP, should be a great game! I love watching this game every year.
Jacketman, sorry if I bore you with my anti PJ attitude.But I do agree with you on the Army/ Navy game, this is on my "can't miss" agenda.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Monken running his O with less of the flexbone.

Its ok for this offense to morph into the 2000s. Bohannon does the same at ksu.

Cpj. Not so much. I think it would help us to get into the early 2000s a bit with the O. Although with that said generally speaking the o has not been our achilles heal so I am not totally vocal about this.

But personally i would like it if we ran more of what jeff does

Heck. Even coach ken started out 3 wr shockgun stretch play

Us. Not so much. We are OLD. almost expired. But definitely OLD

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
On the offenses, both army and Navy are running single wing concepts since their play makers are their qbs monken did this at southern when he had McKinnon and no pass threat. Navy has been having read issues all year with Abey. Perry in the gun is more like a wild cat package than an offensive scheme change. To add to this the single wing concepts work as long as the talent level is even. We have a few plays that are similar the qb counter we ran alot is from these concepts for the same reason

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
On the offenses, both army and Navy are running single wing concepts since their play makers are their qbs monken did this at southern when he had McKinnon and no pass threat. Navy has been having read issues all year with Abey. Perry in the gun is more like a wild cat package than an offensive scheme change. To add to this the single wing concepts work as long as the talent level is even. We have a few plays that are similar the qb counter we ran alot is from these concepts for the same reason
actually the true single wing -- and what they are doing is not -- is an excellent passing offense. (See Johnny Majors, Tennessee.) Both these teams have run out of the shotgun one way or the other all year, and what i see sometime is the diamond Tech tried and discarded a few years back. Adds a long snap but eliminates the mesh in a heavy snow. Not a bad idea at all.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I've known Coach Monken for 20 years and he's good, good people. I also have met the superintendent of West Point and he's legit.
Go Army.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
actually the true single wing -- and what they are doing is not -- is an excellent passing offense. (See Johnny Majors, Tennessee.) Both these teams have run out of the shotgun one way or the other all year, and what i see sometime is the diamond Tech tried and discarded a few years back. Adds a long snap but eliminates the mesh in a heavy snow. Not a bad idea at all.
Single wing offenses have a major qb run component to them that is what they are running technically our formation is an amazing throwing formation too but they are not running option concepts but instead single wing rushing concepts out of the offset and stacked gun I'm on my phone now or I'd post the xs and os of it

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
It's ridiculous that CPJ doesn't adopt more of these plays, especially on passing downs.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It's ridiculous that CPJ doesn't adopt more of these plays, especially on passing downs.
Well, you know what? It don't make no never mind if you spread 10 across the field with motion if your QB can't finish it. The formation makes no difference, it is still a game of throw and catch. The first part we can't do.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Well, you know what? It don't make no never mind if you spread 10 across the field with motion if your QB can't finish it. The formation makes no difference, it is still a game of throw and catch. The first part we can't do.

It does when your QB is 5'10 and your OLine has questionable pass protection. Put him in the gun.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
It does when your QB is 5'10 and your OLine has questionable pass protection. Put him in the gun.
If your line has questionable pass protection going into the gun removes the element of any surprise and people just k know to rush the passer

Why no pure Flexbone. 1. The weather dictates more straight ahead running. 2, do you really think they would run the same plays they run all season against each other. It would be like Tech playing itself. Did you notice though that when Army is in the flex the B back is further back, like we did in 2008-09. I said here several time we need to do this to allow our B-back to read the hole better.