The "Collins effect "........

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
It’s amazing how one person has a failure in reading comprehension and then it snowballs.

Steebu said he’s glad Barbers doesn’t coach here because he (steebu) would Be TOO HYPED not because Barbers is a bad coach.

I think that engineering school so often bragged about needs a little more liberal arts training...

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
was one of the "articles" a column from Cunningham, whom I refuse to read anymore because he's as bad as any columnist they've ever had?
(and that includes Mutt sniffer Bark Madly and Terence Moore, who actually is a very pleasant and affable person in person)
Yes, it was. And I agree he is not a great writer. But he might have a bigger following than you might think. Publicity is publicity....

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think that engineering school so often bragged about needs a little more liberal arts training...

Oh hell no. Please dear God not that. I are gud enuff at reeding and are real solud in my wrighting skils, especially with spel check on my compewter. Don't make me sufer threw another Inglish class. I wood rather take Dynamics all over again.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Oh hell no. Please dear God not that. I are gud enuff at reeding and are real solud in my wrighting skils, especially with spel check on my compewter. Don't make me sufer threw another Inglish class. I wood rather take Dynamics all over again.
Why can’t the dang liberal arts majors figure out how to put information in a graph so us injunears can lern it?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Also ‘15 and ‘10. All those Georgia teams were mediocre and unranked.

I don’t expect us to beat the 02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 12, 17, 18 type top ten uga teams but when they are unranked we HAVE to beat them.

We wasted an amazing opportunity from 09 to 15 during the dying days of Richt to completely change the narrative in-state and prevent what’s happening now and we blew it.

With the way Shart is recruiting that kind of opportunity might not present itself again for ten years.

Nah. We have a high energy young coach now who will bring in the blue chippers our previous scheme chases away.

Consistent coastal champions and 50% wins vs the mutts or bust. It was never because of funding or academics anyway so no more excuses now right?

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Nah. We have a high energy young coach now who will bring in the blue chippers our previous scheme chases away.

Consistent coastal champions and 50% wins vs the mutts or bust. It was never because of funding or academics anyway so no more excuses now right?

Just let them enjoy their delusions for a while. It is like day one of getting a puppy. Reality will soon set in like a two-by-four across the back of the head.

Nothing has changed. We are still the same 5'10" middle aged fat guy stepping onto an inner-city bball court, thinking "I've got this!".

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Just let them enjoy their delusions for a while. It is like day one of getting a puppy. Reality will soon set in like a two-by-four across the back of the head.

Nothing has changed. We are still the same 5'10" middle aged fat guy stepping onto an inner-city bball court, thinking "I've got this!".

If I were recruiting against us I’d just send a link to this post (amongst a plethora of others by you and your ilk). Who needs to negative recruit when bitterender CPJ fanboys take care of it for you?

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

The mutts have reached the same level they were at in the early 00s. Our previous scheme was losing to their Ray Goff quality teams and allowed them to get to this level.

If I were recruiting against us I’d just send a link to this post (amongst a plethora of others by you and your ilk). Who needs to negative recruit when bitterender CPJ fanboys take care of it for you?
We are not "botteremder CPJ fanboys," whatever the heck that means, we are fans who are realistic and face facts. CCG will face the exact same limitations that CPJ did, although hopefully TStan is bringing a measure of relief to at least some of those limitations. How he will be able to respond to those limitations is yet to be seen. I think it's beyond argument that every single one of us HOPES that CCG will do better. Why would we hope differently? We ALL want Tech to win.

Animal02

Banned
We are not "botteremder CPJ fanboys," whatever the heck that means, we are fans who are realistic and face facts. CCG will face the exact same limitations that CPJ did, although hopefully TStan is bringing a measure of relief to at least some of those limitations. How he will be able to respond to those limitations is yet to be seen. I think it's beyond argument that every single one of us HOPES that CCG will do better. Why would we hope differently? We ALL want Tech to win.
There is a lot of delusion out there. On another thread......we are supposed to get 4-5 4 and 5 star recruits/ year going forward. Solely because of the new coach. :rolleyes:

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

Why would you write this? And why would anyone “like” the post? Miserable fans.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Why would you write this? And why would anyone “like” the post? Miserable fans.

If Tech doesn’t want to be that fat old 5’10” guy...Tech needs to start exercising and practicing in a competitive manner...in other words...pony up.

$$$$$

New coach doesn’t deserve to be handicapped the way the last guy was. If he is.....gird your loins for less than stellar success.

Needs to start with paying what it takes to get a great OC. Our Venables but on offense.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
There is a lot of delusion out there. On another thread......we are supposed to get 4-5 4 and 5 star recruits/ year going forward. Solely because of the new coach. :rolleyes:
No 5 stars soon but some solid first year starters on offense should be doable.
We are trending better on defensive side for a few years. Got a head coach that knows defense so we should have consistent direction there which will bear fruit in the next few years.

I dont keep up w stars but since u mention it, can u go on record as to how. few 4 stars is failure, good, and great?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If Tech doesn’t want to be that fat old 5’10” guy...Tech needs to start exercising and practicing in a competitive manner...in other words...pony up.

$$$$$

New coach doesn’t deserve to be handicapped the way the last guy was. If he is.....gird your loins for less than stellar success.

Needs to start with paying what it takes to get a great OC. Our Venables but on offense.
Sorry to bump this so soon as the last sentence is so true. HIRE OUR BRENT VENABLES ON OFFENSE.