The "Collins effect "........

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This is just human nature; and sports media outlets tend to look at your personality through the lens of win and losses.

If Collins has 4 straight losing seasons he'll be branded as "The used-car salesman who talks a big game but doesn't deliver". Energy is infectious, though, and I hope his energy level can bring an infusion of excitement into the fanbase that translates into wins on the field.

I'm glad we didn't hire Dino Babers. Between him and D-Mo I probably would've died doing something stupid like running through a window screaming, "whose house? our house!!!" (I would've died because my wife would've let me bleed out on the lawn and not call 9-1-1 as punishment)

Actually, she talks about a completely different scenario than you bleeding out ...

oops. I've said too much ...

Animal02

Banned
This is just human nature; and sports media outlets tend to look at your personality through the lens of win and losses.

If Collins has 4 straight losing seasons he'll be branded as "The used-car salesman who talks a big game but doesn't deliver". Energy is infectious, though, and I hope his energy level can bring an infusion of excitement into the fanbase that translates into wins on the field.

I'm glad we didn't hire Dino Babers. Between him and D-Mo I probably would've died doing something stupid like running through a window screaming, "whose house? our house!!!" (I would've died because my wife would've let me bleed out on the lawn and not call 9-1-1 as punishment)
I hope there are wins on the field as well.......I just don't get how people, because of the hype, that we are essentially throwing away the next two seasons willingly.
As I said before, the way many on here have reacted, I would guess they all own multiple time shares as well.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I hope there are wins on the field as well.......I just don't get how people, because of the hype, that we are essentially throwing away the next two seasons willingly.
As I said before, the way many on here have reacted, I would guess they all own multiple time shares as well.
As I said before, I think we will exceed expectations in the coming years, by :1) going bowling each year and , 2) improving our recruiting by about 10 spots into the thirties. I am very optimistic !

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Our new coach seems , at this point, to be able to create a lot more interest in the program by radio interviews, assistant hiring questions, offensive and defensive changes, etc. He is the proverbial NEW KID IN TOWN ( cue The Eagles song of the same name).
I even saw 2 articles about Dwag football , AND 2 articles about TECH football in the AJC today !!
Of course , the question is , how long it will last. IMO, his energy and personality will be an improvement over the " current" regime. But talk and energy will only get you so far . The test comes for me in year 2. Give him year one to get his feet wet ( 5-7 to 7-5 is my guess ). Then , in year two , there best be IMPROVEMENT, even by one game. If there is a slide .......look out !! No pressure, though LOLo_O
What say you ??
was one of the "articles" a column from Cunningham, whom I refuse to read anymore because he's as bad as any columnist they've ever had?
(and that includes Mutt sniffer Bark Madly and Terence Moore, who actually is a very pleasant and affable person in person)

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
If we had beaten UGA in 09 i think its probable we could have won in 2010, 2013, and 2015 as well, that would have changed just about everyrhing wrt media coverage.

probably so.
still don't know if we beat Iowa in the Orange Bowl, tho. Their front 7 was every bit as good as LSU's the year before. Some of those guys are still playing in the NFL

09 UGA still gets me. The most disappointing game in Paul's tenure imo. Should've changed the entire rivalry, but let it slip away and here we are with 3 wins in 10 years. More than the previous regime but still absolutely horrible.

Collins needs to be .500 vs UGA somehow someway. Good luck.
'13 matches '09 in disappointment for me. Should have won both of them.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
09 UGA still gets me. The most disappointing game in Paul's tenure imo. Should've changed the entire rivalry, but let it slip away and here we are with 3 wins in 10 years. More than the previous regime but still absolutely horrible.

Agree that was a heart breaker.
I damn near frozen at orange bowl while we tried to block an NFL star playin DT for Iowa. We couldn't figure out what to do. If we could have won those 2 games by some miracle or their misplay , we would have been off to the races.

Not sure that a reasonable expectation 50% uga. We might not be able to afford his incentive payout at 50%! I guess we'd find the money.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

I am curious as to what your objection is to Babers? He is highly regarded among ACC coaches. Makes me wonder about the disconnect.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
'13 matches '09 in disappointment for me. Should have won both of them.

Also ‘15 and ‘10. All those Georgia teams were mediocre and unranked.

I don’t expect us to beat the 02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 12, 17, 18 type top ten uga teams but when they are unranked we HAVE to beat them.

We wasted an amazing opportunity from 09 to 15 during the dying days of Richt to completely change the narrative in-state and prevent what’s happening now and we blew it.

With the way Shart is recruiting that kind of opportunity might not present itself again for ten years.

LibertyTurns

Banned

This was the game they purposefully injured Nesbitt in the 1st half. Yes he did come back in the game in the 2nd half but he clearly was not well enough to play at normal speed. Those MFers should have not only been thrown out of the game but banned for life. You just don’t do crap like that.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Also ‘15 and ‘10. All those Georgia teams were mediocre and unranked.

I don’t expect us to beat the 02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 12, 17, 18 type top ten uga teams but when they are unranked we HAVE to beat them.

We wasted an amazing opportunity from 09 to 15 during the dying days of Richt to completely change the narrative in-state and prevent what’s happening now and we blew it.

With the way Shart is recruiting that kind of opportunity might not present itself again for ten years.

Should've/could've beaten UGAg in 09, 10, 13, 14, 15... While I appreciate CPJ's 3 wins in Athens, we squandered so much in a rivalry where that is simply unacceptable. 4-6 or 5-5 vs UGAg would have been average case scenario. The 09 and 13 meltdowns were pathetic. In '13, we blew a 20 point lead with a triple option offense against a team starting Hudson freakin Mason for the first time....