The Citadel Postgame

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Any coach coming here taking over a triple option team, with hardly any decent talent would have issues here . Y'all have some high expectations for this year, it's not like collins inherited some great team and it went to the dumps, look at how we did last year....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
We're not talking about "high expectations," we're talking about not losing to Citadel and their backup QB.

legalbuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
We’re 3 games into a new regime after our HC quit and there are already calls for Monken or Bohannon already. My assumption is very much in line with temperature of this who have been sitting on their hands waiting something bad to happen.
I can’t remember anybody else doing that over the last few years either. Strange

GT_EE78

Banned
If we hadn't missed the FG we'd still be playin.
hard to ignore crappy offense,defense,kicking and especially coaching.
Need that off week.CGC better figure out what to cchange.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I hope we can get monken or Brian bohannon if this doesn't pan out like it seems to be going. All that smack talk about the old offense and coaching, and you lose to the old offense and no one can blame this on talent it fit it any stupid thing like that. The only how here is we have a season like vt had the year they lost to William and Mary, but I'm not holding my breath.
You don’t think talent played into this loss...at least little bit?

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
At clemson today and per some friends if it helps any, they wanted to fire dabo and their oc partly through his first season....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
At least they had lots if $$$ to throw at the program, hire amazing DC & other coaches, staff, & build facilities that prob rival Disney world.
Wish tech had that kind of $$$.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I didn't think I'd say it or this soon, but I miss Paul Johnson. Clearly taking Collins from Temple was a waste. Is this the best coach GT could find? Were we broke?

Uh yeah, the lack of support is astonishing. Damn home opener but our “fans” are sitting home hoping the TO messiah returns after quoting on them

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I’m not at all ready to just write off the coaching staff, but that is without a doubt the worst Tech loss I’ve ever witnessed. That team had no business beating us. The struggles we are showing on offense are in part due to issues on the O line, but not so much that we shouldn’t be able to score 30 points on The Citadel.

Don’t get me started on the last 1:30...coaching was pretty pathetic. That said, I’m not sure the refs got those calls right. How does a penalty on a stopped clock result in a 10 second runoff?

Also, can anyone watching on tv confirm the snap infraction? Even if so, I feel the Citadel player could have easily been called for a personal foul for sacking the QB after the penalty. Especially given all the other ticky tack **** they called.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
We’re 3 games into a new regime after our HC quit and there are already calls for Monken or Bohannon already. My assumption is very much in line with temperature of this who have been sitting on their hands waiting something bad to happen.
You really don't expect people to vent after losing to the Citadel? Maybe logoff and wait for it to cool down.