The boy from Lumpkin County can kick ...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Trajectory. I noticed this, too. The ball gets up high fast like Butker's PAT's. Not so much with our other kickers. I'm always worried they'll get blocked.

He’s definitely our kicker for PATs and short field goals...hands down. From more than 35 yards it’s probably Davis.

Side note. I love Harvin’s punts. Love em! But I’d like to see him shed some of the bad weight he’s put on. We will need him to run someone down one day and that extra jelly ain’t gonna help.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
He’s definitely our kicker for PATs and short field goals...hands down. From more than 30 yards it’s probably Davis.

Side note. I love Harvin’s punts. Love em! But I’d like to see him shed some of the bad weight he’s put on. We will need him to run someone down one day and that extra jelly ain’t gonna help.
I think the kicking will be in good shape in 2019;):cool:

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
He’s definitely our kicker for PATs and short field goals...hands down. From more than 35 yards it’s probably Davis.

.. But I’d like to see him shed some of the bad weight he’s put on. We will need him to run someone down one day and that extra jelly ain’t gonna help.
He added weight this year and with that trend at his young age, he may not see 50 if he's not careful.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
A lot of times with kickers and/or long snappers you offer them a conditional 1-year scholarship - good for the first year and then subsequent years dependent upon if they are the starter. If this is communicated up front, I have no problem with it. It's failure to fulfill a commitment that I'm not OK with.

TarTriton

Georgia Tech Fan
The extra point kicker was like a pro golfer practicing short pitches. They all looked good and exactly the same. The kicks all were quick, straight, and high.

His mom and his high school teachert tailgate w us. He =has made a 54 yarder in hs, played soccer and was asked to come to hs football, & and is great student. We gave her this pic of his first pat. View attachment 4242

I knew Wesley growing up. His moms the nicest person you will ever meet.

Last edited:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think once we try to kick an FG from less then 45 yards, we'll see better results. Everybody is on King's case for missing FGs. Wake-up call = most FGs of 45 or more yards are no better then a crap shoot. King has the leg and has been slightly off.

We'll see about Welles when he gets an opportunity. Like on Friday, for instance. Looks like he can come through.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I think once we try to kick an FG from less then 45 yards, we'll see better results. Everybody is on King's case for missing FGs. Wake-up call = most FGs of 45 or more yards are no better then a crap shoot. King has the leg and has been slightly off.

We'll see about Welles when he gets an opportunity. Like on Friday, for instance. Looks like he can come through.
+1. Short field goals and long kickoffs are all I expect from kicking game

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
A guy makes all his PATs and we think Special Teams is in the clear? Yeesh, I know the last 3 weeks have killed expectations but I’ll withhold any hot takes til I see him bury a few FGs.

Actually penalties on 2 special teams play cost us about 120 yards and a score. Agree that no such thing as our STs are in the clear, not to mention we still have not seen the field goal kicker we need. Now at least we can depend on getting our extra points, maybe.

Deleted member 2897

@Whiskey_Clear - in case you wondered where I went, BuzzStone said (as you know) some vile things over on another page, and then told me to shut the [f word] up. I have gotten temporarily banned before for cursing back at someone like that. So this time I just typed random asterisks at him with no words and told him he was on ignore, and put him on ignore. Well go figure, they temporarily banned me again from the Lounge, but not BuzzStone. Furthermore, John the moderator has ignored a few requests to speak with him to understand what his thinking is and how to stay in bounds. So good luck holding the fort down over there, but be careful, they have a short fuse for certain kinds of people...others, not so much.