The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
NC Gov Cooper just announced the state will continue in Phase 2 for at least three more weeks, plus face coverings will be required for employees and customers at all businesses where 6-feet of separation is not possible or practical. I listened to the press questions, but did not hear anyone ask about sports. Just reading his mask requirement, it looks like football players and coaches will have to be masked once practice begins.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Season Ticket holders just got an email
ST1.jpg
ST2.jpg

LibertyTurns

Banned
I completely agree about women in leadership though, world would be a better place.

Marge Schott, Elizabeth Holmes, Marissa Meyer, Dilma Rousseff, Wu Zetian, Elizabeth I, Isabella I, Mary I, Renavalona I, etc. There was another one that was a hair away from having a dangerous amount of power in our own country here recently, plus many others that are despicable leaders despite holding/ having held powerful government positions- elected and appointed. Some of you have seen “Karen’s” videos.

People do not know their history, current or otherwise.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Where are you tracking this? Is it broken down by state? The huge NY spike skews national numbers.

Here https://gtswarm.com/threads/coronavirus-thread.21189/page-312#post-724516

It's CDC data from https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Week-Ending-D/r8kw-7aab

I've done for maybe 6-8 weeks and will do in another 10 days or so.

You are correct that NY skews the data. And I'm pretty sure I could do by every state but don't care enough to do so. I can give you the data with pivot tables if you PM me.

Peace.

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
If that's what I got to do to get in the stadium I'll do. But, can't say that it will stay there 100% of the time, haven't found one that fits me or makes me feel any safer than holding my tshirt up over my nose when someone farts.

My company actually sells the 3M N95 masks but our purchasing dept requested all Small from 3M so my life has been a living hell when I have to wear a mask (frequently). I recently ordered the Adidas M/L masks hoping they’re comfortable. I was originally in the camp of “I’m not wearing a mask I don’t give a damn who requires it” and now I’m in the camp of “I don’t mind wearing a mask if it helps slow the China virus and people will stfu”. I’m okay with that trade. Mainly as long as people stfu and stop being drama queens. My real fear is that we all wear masks and they still won’t stfu, they’ll pivot to something else like ear plugs or something retarded. We shall see.

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan
Funny that the same people that call people of my generation/political alignment "snowflakes" also fill their diapers over the idea of wearing a mask. It's actually very easy and not doing so is contributing to the United States' embarrassing COVID lead. :)

Sports restarts will fail miserably until this is under control, I think. That'll take a vaccine. Would love to be wrong, though. But we can make non-sports-life easier on all of us if we all wear masks.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
What a confusing survey...and with no additional comments area.

Here is where I am at. I am prepared to attend every game at full capacity without a mask. If Georgia Tech requires me to wear a mask or stand 6 feet away from someone me so be it...AS LONG AS I am admitted to every game.

If they restrict me from attending any game at BDS based on these rules and let ANY OTHER fan attend in my place (regardless of AT FUND Status) then I will cancel my season tickets forever. I will be letting Todd himself know my stance on this subject.

It’s pretty simple. If you’re concerned then stay home. If not, attend.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
F!ck Covid:

Coaches are included, and recruiting budget takes a big hit...

"By the guidance of the furlough plan – Lewis said that the department will align with the USG and institute furlough program – faculty and staff making $154,000 or more in base salary will have 16 unpaid days off for a 6.2% reduction in pay. That tier would include many Tech coaches (starting with football coach Geoff Collins, basketball coaches Nell Fortner and Josh Pastner, baseball coach Danny Hall and a number of assistant coaches) as well as athletic director Todd Stansbury."

"The travel and recruiting budget was reduced by 24% – $7.1 million to $5.4 million – and spending for uniforms and equipment is planned to be cut from $1 million to $657,000."

Funny that the same people that call people of my generation/political alignment "snowflakes" also fill their diapers over the idea of wearing a mask. It's actually very easy and not doing so is contributing to the United States' embarrassing COVID lead. :)

Sports restarts will fail miserably until this is under control, I think. That'll take a vaccine. Would love to be wrong, though. But we can make non-sports-life easier on all of us if we all wear masks.
If you think that none of the "snowflakes" ***** and moan about masks, the you, like @bobongo, are also willfully ignorant.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
If that's what I got to do to get in the stadium I'll do. But, can't say that it will stay there 100% of the time, haven't found one that fits me or makes me feel any safer than holding my tshirt up over my nose when someone farts.

But, since the purpose of the mask is to protect others and not you, it is better to wear it even if it’s not a perfect fit, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk