The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

Not until the NCAA voted to allow it. As long as the NCAA had a moratorium on SA's on campus then it didn't matter what any state of college wanted to do. Now it is up to individual statesand systems to decide.
Which simply means that it is still up to individual colleges and states. Just because the NCAA voted to allow it does not mean that individual colleges and states will. Many probably will, but I guarantee that not all of them will.

This was addressed earlier in the thread. Literally no one ACTUALLY dies from AIDS, yet AIDS/HIV is listed as the cause of death for hundreds of thousands of people every year, because it contributes heavily to the death by weakening the immune system.
But to use this as an example, which may or may not have actually occurred, when a cancer patient dies and he has tested positive for Covid, it is absurd to call it a Covid death, unless his cancer was either in remission or totally under control at the time of his death.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
But to use this as an example, which may or may not have actually occurred, when a cancer patient dies and he has tested positive for Covid, it is absurd to call it a Covid death, unless his cancer was either in remission or totally under control at the time of his death.
I think this is a good example of how the line can be fuzzy. But the medical people are experienced dealing with patients who have complicated health problems.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I remember my "over the summer" workout program while I was on the college basketball team. It was a two page list of the things I was supposed to voluntarily include in my voluntary workouts for the ten weeks I was out of school. I wonder if it has changed in the years since???

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Back on topic a little bit. Article talking about how college football may change going forward
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-it-faces-a-difficult-effort-to-play-in-2020/
Alot of things to chew over in this article. (This is why the MLB reportedly had a 67 page proposal for the union. There are so many things to think through just with the people who are playing the games before you even get to thinking about the fans).

This article talks about the impact that not having students on campus for 2 months (from before Thanksgiving to some point in January could have on college football and especially college basketball). Already a number of schools including Notre Dame and South Carolina have said that they are planning this type of academic schedule
https://www.si.com/college/2020/05/19/colleges-shift-academic-calendars-sports-impact-ncaa

This one by Tony Barnhart discusses 5 questions for college football in 2020.
https://www.si.com/college/tmg/tony-barnhart/empty-stadiums
FWIW, his opinion (and it is his opinion) is that at least at first college games will be played without any fans. Basically he says NASCAR is starting up without fans, Golf is starting up without fans, Basketball is planning to finish with no fans, MLB is planning on starting without fans. He doesn't believe College Football can have fans until some of the professional leagues are playing with fans.

I'm also going to include this one since it is about the NFL, but both are football related.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...uestions-about-how-covid-19-affects-football/

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
The more I think about it.... there should be a way to plan & handle fans in stands at BDS from get-go. Social distancing... outside.... is doable.

Figure it out... 2k, 5k, 10k. Whatever the number... figure it out!

I'm not sure how much I would pay to go but I would try to get there. Especially if there are no concessions and we can bring in our own snacks,"water" and "cokes". I know you can bring in an unopened bottle of water? now.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure how much I would pay to go but I would try to get there. Especially if there are no concessions and we can bring in our own snacks,"water" and "cokes". I know you can bring in an unopened bottle of water? now.
I was about to add that... fans can bring coolers.... food... drink in.

Edit... FIGURE IT OUT

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The more I think about it.... there should be a way to plan & handle fans in stands at BDS from get-go. Social distancing... outside.... is doable.

Figure it out... 2k, 5k, 10k. Whatever the number... figure it out!

I doubt it will be exactly like this (I expect it will be somewhat looser), But he Chinese Baseball Association (Taiwan) is playing their season. They are allowing 1,000 fans per game (average capacity of their stadiums are 20K). Fans are required to sit in specific seats and they have to wear a mask the whole time and are not allowed to eat or drink.
Sort of as Fred mentioned it would seem like you figure out how many you can bring in, you have no on site concessions. The outside food and drinks will be the biggest thing - I would expect all entries to be ticketless, they will also want to have security have as little touching as possible.
You probably have assigned entrance times to minimize the amount of people arriving at once.

It's definitely going to be a different experience.