The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

Deleted member 2897

Coastal Carolina has more ranked wins (13 and 21 ranked teams), more games played, and are undefeated. They have more of a claim to a playoff spot than Ohio State right now LMAO.

They certainly think in their heads they’re something special!

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
They certainly think in their heads they’re something special!

That was on a pick at the end of the first half they were blocking him while the guy was running back the pick to the 50 yard line. It was excessive and I am not sure how that wasn't flagged, but I guess they were just knocking him down which isn't illegal in football if you are blocking? I thought it was excessive though.

Coastal Carolina still plays 2 more games, one of them against #25 ranked La-Lafayette, if they win and go 12-0 I think they deserve to be in the talks for a playoff spot.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
That was on a pick at the end of the first half they were blocking him while the guy was running back the pick to the 50 yard line. It was excessive and I am not sure how that wasn't flagged, but I guess they were just knocking him down which isn't illegal in football if you are blocking? I thought it was excessive though.

Coastal Carolina still plays 2 more games, one of them against #25 ranked La-Lafayette, if they win and go 12-0 I think they deserve to be in the talks for a playoff spot.
It could get interesting. Yes... they already beat Louisiana in regular season. Will meet them again in Sunbelt CG. Same Louisiana team that beat Iowa St (potentially B12 champ). ...& then there's Cincinnati.

ETA... Need CINCY to play OSU... to see who deserves it from Ohio.

Deleted member 2897

Aaaaand Michigan takes a crap on Ohio State's head. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

What's worse, letting a team with 5 wins into the Big Ten championship, or Wisconsin being ranked #16 at 2-2? LOLOLOL. No hard feelings, but the Big Ten did this to themselves and we all saw this coming. There's always next year. 2 SEC and 2 ACC teams this year, that's the way to do it. Notre Dame, Clemson, Alabama, and then either Texas A&M (with a Florida loss) or Florida instead of Texas A&M with a win. These teams will have TEN wins (at minimum).

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Aaaaand Michigan takes a crap on Ohio State's head. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

What's worse, letting a team with 5 wins into the Big Ten championship, or Wisconsin being ranked #16 at 2-2? LOLOLOL. No hard feelings, but the Big Ten did this to themselves and we all saw this coming. There's always next year. 2 SEC and 2 ACC teams this year, that's the way to do it. Notre Dame, Clemson, Alabama, and then either Texas A&M (with a Florida loss) or Florida instead of Texas A&M with a win. These teams will have TEN wins (at minimum).

Agreed. Or let's get even more crazy here and say Coastal Carolina gets in if they win out and win the Sunbelt Championship. I mean that would give them 3 ranked wins. LMAO.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Lmao but they lost one of those. You’re talking out both sides of your mouth saying we should eyeball test Clemson being better and not acknowledge the actual stats with regards to OhioSt. Look, I think CU is top 4 I’m only pointing out your bias because you didn’t think it through. Just the facts ma’am.
If Clemson gets in, then they beat ND, a claim which OSU will lack. The same applies to UF if they're sec champs.

Deleted member 2897

Agreed. Or let's get even more crazy here and say Coastal Carolina gets in if they win out and win the Sunbelt Championship. I mean that would give them 3 ranked wins. LMAO.

Yea I mean SEC champion, ACC champion, an undefeated Cincinnati and an undefeated Coastal Carolina. A lot of people would be fine with that too. UCF will still self-declare themselves national champions. But you can’t please everyone.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I am pulling for ND and Florida. Maybe we'll have Coastal Carolina and Cincinnati.
This would be interesting. If ND beats Clemson again I think they get moved to number 1, and then if Florida beats Bama they both get in... but where does that leave Texas A&M? I could really see them backing them in as 4. So it would be ND and 3 SEC teams.

Deleted member 2897

This would be interesting. If ND beats Clemson again I think they get moved to number 1, and then if Florida beats Bama they both get in... but where does that leave Texas A&M? I could really see them backing them in as 4. So it would be ND and 3 SEC teams.

I have to admit that at some level I dontgiveadamnedschit because georgia isn't getting in LOLOLOLOLOLOL

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I have to admit that at some level I dontgiveadamnedschit because georgia isn't getting in LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Yeah I am glad Georgia isn't there. And normally I wouldn't want Bama there, but I am willing to accept Bama if Ohio State doesn't get in this year just because I can't agree with the principle of the committee just putting them in the playoffs because they won one good game and have good recruits. That would be the reason they put them in which is dumb.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
IMO, the best chance for A&M to get invited to the CFP is for ND and Bama to win. That would eliminate Clemson and Florida. But, I am not so sure the CFP will leave Ohio State out. They certainly pass the eyeball test and their five game schedule is not their fault.

My prediction is Bama, ND, A&M, and tOSU. Not sure what the seeding would be, but that is my guess. If Clemson wins, I do not think there is a path for A&M, as I believe tOSU is in unless Florida beats Bama. In that case it will be Bama, Clemson, ND and tOSU or Clemson, Bama, ND and Florida.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I am not so sure the CFP will leave Ohio State out. They certainly pass the eyeball test and their five game schedule is not their fault.
They pass the eyeball test playing a bunch of really bad teams with only one good team that almost beat them? I don't know about that. In a normal year I would say OSU should get in, but this year they absolutely don't deserve to on principle that they have played HALF the games everyone else has, and a weaker schedule. How is that fair?

Deleted member 2897

They certainly pass the eyeball test and their five game schedule is not their fault.

This is completely true. However, pretty much every year we can say the same thing about one team or multiple teams like that. Like UCF one time. A few years ago, Alabama didn't make it to the SEC Championship, but they got into the CFP over Ohio State who was Big Ten Champs. Alabama finished 13-1, while Ohio State had 2 losses. While not perfect, the committee has always tried to pick the teams who actually earned it (meaning they actually have better records and resumes), whether they ended up conference champs or not. One thing is for sure, this year will be INTERESTING to watch unfold. There is going to be world record level butt hurt.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
They pass the eyeball test playing a bunch of really bad teams with only one good team that almost beat them? I don't know about that. In a normal year I would say OSU should get in, but this year they absolutely don't deserve to on principle that they have played HALF the games everyone else has, and a weaker schedule. How is that fair?
Personally, I agree with you. That is not the same as predicting what will happen.

If Bama wins the SEC:

Bama will be undefeated and SEC Champs
A&M will have lost one game
Florida will have lost two games

If Florida wins the SEC:

Florida will have one loss and SEC Champs
Bama will have one loss (to Florida)
A&M will have one loss (to Bama)

If ND and Clemson are both in the CFP, A&M looks a lot better if Bama wins than if Florida wins. That changes (a lot) if Clemson has two losses.

But, would the CFP committee see a third place SEC team as a better invitee than undefeated tOSU (even with only 5 games)? It will be interesting.

My other prediction is the Jets will have to win the Super Bowl before uGA gets invited.

Deleted member 2897

Personally, I agree with you. That is not the same as predicting what will happen.

If Bama wins the SEC:

Bama will be undefeated and SEC Champs
A&M will have lost one game
Florida will have lost two games

If Florida wins the SEC:

Florida will have one loss and SEC Champs
Bama will have one loss (to Florida)
A&M will have one loss (to Bama)

If ND and Clemson are both in the CFP, A&M looks a lot better if Bama wins than if Florida wins. That changes (a lot) if Clemson has two losses.

But, would the CFP committee see a third place SEC team as a better invitee than undefeated tOSU (even with only 5 games)? It will be interesting.

My other prediction is the Jets will have to win the Super Bowl before uGA gets invited.

Unpopular opinion if Florida wins - they and Texas A&M will each have 1 loss. Texas A&M wins in the head to head battle (they beat Florida). LOL.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Unpopular opinion if Florida wins - they and Texas A&M will each have 1 loss. Texas A&M wins in the head to head battle (they beat Florida). LOL.
I agree, but I think the committee would say Florida is more impressive since they beat the number 1 team in Bama.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I think Ohio State And ND are in because of ratings. Even if ND loses to Clemson.
The only thing the CFBPO committee likes more than fairness is money.
And I think TV pulls more strings than my tin foil will handle.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think Ohio State And ND are in because of ratings. Even if ND loses to Clemson.
The only thing the CFBPO committee likes more than fairness is money.
And I think TV pulls more strings than my tin foil will handle.
Well... ND is in because they're 10-0 & worst case they'll be 10-1 with a loss (if it happens) to the team the committee has at #3 right now... and ND beat earlier in the season.