The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
At this point we know they are going to bend over backwards to let OSU get into the Big 10 championship so they can get into the CFP. I just hope Ohio State gets their *** handed to them in the Big 10 championship OR they all their big players test false positive (I don't want any of them to actually catch covid) before the CFP so they have to sit out and they lose. That would be the ultimate justice, they get into the CFP because of rigging only to lose.
What if they get in & win it all?

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't want them to make it in... but I'm still trying to understand why folks are so bent out of shape about it. Just the low number of games?
They play less games than everyone else so they have less injuries, less chance of having covid knocking guys out, and they have a weak schedule. Their only remotely impressive game was Indiana who almost beat them, the rest of then teams they have played are average at best.

There are plenty of teams who have tougher schedules and played more games than Ohio State who should be in over them. The committee letting Ohio State into the playoffs is purely for money, and because they are historically good, nothing else.

Deleted member 2897

Why?

I don't want them to make it in... but I'm still trying to understand why folks are so bent out of shape about it. Just the low number of games?

Because the Big Ten didn’t even want to play football this year. Probably 30 teams will have at least 6 wins. It’s just a weird year. Wisconsin is ranked #16 nationally and has TWO WINS. Week 12 and they have 2 wins. #16, LOL.

Milwaukee

Banned
They play less games than everyone else so they have less injuries, less chance of having covid knocking guys out, and they have a weak schedule. Their only remotely impressive game was Indiana who almost beat them, the rest of then teams they have played are average at best.

There are plenty of teams who have tougher schedules and played more games than Ohio State who should be in over them. The committee letting Ohio State into the playoffs is purely for money, and because they are historically good, nothing else.
Like Clemson? Ohio St has played and beat 2 top 20 teams. Better resume today than Clemson. I’m only playing devils advocate to show the obvious flaws/hatred in your 10 toes down stance.

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm just wondering if by beating 2 teams (whoever it is) in playoff if that would be more easy to accept... that it means they are worthy of the spot. ...or is the issue 100% that they are getting so few games in this regular season?
You are correct with this reasoning/questioning. Others reasonings don’t make any sense.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Do you think they can beat Alabama and Florida and/or Clemson and Notre Dame if they are not the best? They are really good and it is not their fault they did not play ten games. They lobbied from the beginning to get started.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Like Clemson? Ohio St has played and beat 2 top 20 teams. Better resume today than Clemson. I’m only playing devils advocate to show the obvious flaws/hatred in your 10 toes down stance.
Clemson played ND who was ranked 4 at the time and Miami who was ranked 8? Meanwhile Ohio State has played Indiana who was 10. Clemson also has played more games. It isn't fair to let Ohio State into the playoffs just because they are OSU. That is what they are trying to do. Their strength of schedule is trash, and have only played 5 games. How is that fair when other teams have played more ranked teams AND played more games in the season?

Not to mention the Big 10 didn't even want to play football and yet we are just going to let one of their teams waltz into the playoffs?

Milwaukee

Banned
Clemson played ND who was ranked 4 at the time and Miami who was ranked 8? Meanwhile Ohio State has played Indiana who was 10. Clemson also has played more games. It isn't fair to let Ohio State into the playoffs just because they are OSU. That is what they are trying to do. Their strength of schedule is trash, and have only played 5 games. How is that fair when other teams have played more ranked teams AND played more games in the season?

Not to mention the Big 10 didn't even want to play football and yet we are just going to let one of their teams waltz into the playoffs?
?
Read my post again.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
?
Read my post again.
Read my post again. I said Clemson played 2 top ten teams and will play a third in ND in the ACCCG, on top of playing more games. They are more deserving. Ohio State has played one good team, and that was Indiana, out of their 5 games. How is fair to let a team with a weak schedule and less games into the playoffs just because they have a good recruiting class? If that's the case then why play any games? We might as well give the top spots in the rankings to the teams with the best recruits.

Milwaukee

Banned
Read my post again. I said Clemson played 2 top ten teams and will play a third in ND in the ACCCG, on top of playing more games. They are more deserving. Ohio State has played one good team, and that was Indiana, out of their 5 games. How is fair to let a team with a weak schedule and less games into the playoffs just because they have a good recruiting class? If that's the case then why play any games? We might as well give the top spots in the rankings to the teams with the best recruits.
Lmao but they lost one of those. You’re talking out both sides of your mouth saying we should eyeball test Clemson being better and not acknowledge the actual stats with regards to OhioSt. Look, I think CU is top 4 I’m only pointing out your bias because you didn’t think it through. Just the facts ma’am.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Lmao but they lost one of those. You’re talking out both sides of your mouth saying we should eyeball test Clemson being better and not acknowledging the actual stats. Just the facts ma’am.
They lost one AT ND, who again was #4, and they didn't have their starting QB Trevor Lawrence. Do you really think Ohio State beats Indiana, which the game was AT Ohio State, without Justin Fields? Please. Clemson is a much better team than Ohio State.

Milwaukee

Banned
They lost one AT ND, who again was #4, and they didn't have their starting QB Trevor Lawrence. Do you really think Ohio State beats Indiana, which the game was AT Ohio State, without Justin Fields? Please. Clemson is a much better team than Ohio State.
😂 you’re still ignoring the numbers and facts. It’s not about our feelings.
To rest my case, it actually is about your feelings, but you’re passing it off as actual facts and stats. But it’s simply your opinion with ZERO facts behind it.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
😂 you’re still ignoring the numbers and facts. It’s not about our feelings.
To rest my case, it actually is about your feelings, but you’re passing it off as actual facts and stats. But it’s simply your opinion with ZERO facts behind it.
How is what you are saying facts and what I am saying isn't? The ****?

Ohio State played one ranked team in the top 10, Indiana, at home and almost lost. The other teams they have played were garbage. How do they deserve a playoff spot with 5 games played?

Clemson played two top 10 teams, lost to one at ND without their starting QB, and they will replay them in the ACCCG. If they win that is 3 top 10 teams and way more games played than Ohio State, they definitely deserve to be in. What's not clicking for you?

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Coastal Carolina has more ranked wins (13 and 21 ranked teams), more games played, and are undefeated. They have more of a claim to a playoff spot than Ohio State right now LMAO.