The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

LibertyTurns

Banned
Saw a person driving alone in a small suv wearing a mask. The car had an affinity tag with a cat picture. I wondered if the cat was forced into a mask, also.

You know their votes count, too!
Hate to tell you but it’s probably age related. I’ve been finding myself wearing my mask alone at my desk, in a car, walking into my house, etc. It has just become habit to have it on and I’m too old to remember to take it off.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Like you said, we don’t know both sides, but it always discourages me when fans are so quick to blow off these kids they “root for” on Saturdays. I would hope if a GT player and parent made such accusations, we’d at least show them enough respect that we wouldn’t automatically call them whiners and wait to hear more facts from both sides before making judgement.
The only thing that makes me wonder about the player is there are a number of people claiming he has been complaining about things as long as he has been at FSU. Don’t know if that’s true but could be a reason for some of the responses.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Saw a person driving alone in a small suv wearing a mask. The car had an affinity tag with a cat picture. I wondered if the cat was forced into a mask, also.

You know their votes count, too!
Yeah doesn't it just piss you off when people live their life the way they want to? This whole freedom thing is overrated. Maybe we should start a new government where one person is in charge and they dictate what every person is allowed to do. That'll show those people.

Hate to tell you but it’s probably age related. I’ve been finding myself wearing my mask alone at my desk, in a car, walking into my house, etc. It has just become habit to have it on and I’m too old to remember to take it off.
I take my mask off as soon as I possibly can. I don't wear it in the car, and I don't wear it at home.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The NC governor just held a COVID-19 update. He said the state had not had any discussions with the college presidents about football games being played or attendance at games. He said he expected to have discussions once the colleges finalize their plans.

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow

The ACC takes a totally different course than the Big 10 and Pac 12 after their briefing with health experts.

This is what I keep coming back here hoping to see. Instead, I end up seeing a constant argument regarding the rate of spread of Covid, which I could have watched in that thread.

Thanks for posting news about the start of the season!!

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
NCAA is trying to take itself out of the blame game, all but saying their advisors don't think it is safe to play.
NCAA also weighs in on what should happen to students. If their seasons are cancelled or fewer than 50% of the season is played then it advocates they get another year of eligibility

New Mexico St becomes #54

Not surprised from the FSU's WR letter. He is hardly the first to allege this nationally. Farley at VT mentioned it as one of the reasons he was skipping this season at VT. There were multiple players and staff alledging the same thing at CSU. Pete Thamel said 2 weeks ago on the college football podcast at the time when the student groups started popping up that he had heard from quite a few players who said schools weren't testing or were only testing certain players. That was a big part of the reason the student groups started up.

Assuming that a season does actually happen it will be interesting to see how the CFP is handled. Given the split is getting close to 50/50, it wouldn't surprise me if there are either 2 CFP games (a fall and a spring) or 0.

Deleted member 2897

NCAA is trying to take itself out of the blame game, all but saying their advisors don't think it is safe to play.
NCAA also weighs in on what should happen to students. If their seasons are cancelled or fewer than 50% of the season is played then it advocates they get another year of eligibility

Not surprised from the FSU's WR letter. He is hardly the first to allege this nationally. Farley at VT mentioned it as one of the reasons he was skipping this season at VT. There were multiple players and staff alledging the same thing at CSU. Pete Thamel said 2 weeks ago on the college football podcast at the time when the student groups started popping up that he had heard from quite a few players who said schools weren't testing or were only testing certain players. That was a big part of the reason the student groups started up.

Assuming that a season does actually happen it will be interesting to see how the CFP is handled. Given the split is getting close to 50/50, it wouldn't surprise me if there are either 2 CFP games (a fall and a spring) or 0.

With regards to the “infectious disease advisors”, I find it weird how supposed medical experts can get in the way of actual science. How is it that the notion of playing an outdoor sport where you may be at risk for 20-25 minutes once a week is extremely harmful, but milling around in dorm rooms, apartments, restaurants, bars and so on indoors for hours on end is not harmful? How are they okay with having students and student athletes in college, but just not the exercise part? It’s like everyone’s answer is in a way to absolve them from any blame. It’s amazing given how much higher the risk and known negative outcomes for things like CTE is that these are the opinions they’re giving.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Problem is easy to solved giving those players an extra year but now solve the problem of the number of 85.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
That's the dilemma. At some point you have too many people on the team. Giving an extra year sounds generous and fair until you realize it isn't free.
I guess they could say their last year does not count as one of the 85 against the school. ( boy would teams like Alabama have fun with that to play with for football )

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Do you live in South Carolina? You don't draw a trend line from one day - especially not an outlier day where the state published the fact that the data that day included some catch up/delayed information. That day you point to as 'the peak' at over 2300 cases included over 500 cases that occured on other days but were delayed. The day after the 2300 our total was 1400. The day before that day was 1500.

You can go to the SC DHEC website and see the actual trend if you want and the day by day numbers. We've been trending down for 5 weeks.

Using their numbers and chart, we started trending down on or around July 10th, which if you look at the calendar represents 35 days or 5 weeks.
VWWef1W.png

I literally posted a link to that exact graph and the trend was upwards and hit its peak on July 18th, not July 10th. And yes, I live in SC.