Terrible Movie Tuesday

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've got the absolute winner here...........'Idiocracy' wins hands down in my book. Absolutely loved that movie but it probably got a negative score for ratings.

I love that movie and the 1st 5 minutes are a dead *** analogy for where we're going as a civilization, but the critics deemed it fresh. Surprised the audience doesn't like it more.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/idiocracy

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It was terrible movie memorial day monday for after getting the yard work completed. I was floating around Netflix or AP and decided to watch the first "Children of the Corn", which i had never seen.

What an absolute **** show. I mean, all Stephen King movies are, and by comparison this one actually ranks higher end but its still awful. The kid that plays the little preacher kid is pretty effing creepy though. The visual effects are stunningly bad, but it was 1984.

slugboy

Staff member
Outside of Christine, Carrie, Misery, The Shining, and maybe The Dead Zone, I think all the Steven King movies are in the junky movie territory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Outside of Christine, Carrie, Misery, The Shining, and maybe The Dead Zone, I think all the Steven King movies are in the junky movie territory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even with Christine, youre kind of stretching it.

I never saw Storm of the Century but people have said it was pretty decent for a made for tv movie. Also, just for the comedic value, Bronson Pinchot in the Langoliers? Cinematic gold.....

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I have HATED movies with a political agenda that is poorly hidden....like The Day After Tomorrow and Elysium and Red Dawn

Political movies (such as Michael Moore's films)......there I know what it is and can choose to go see it or not...those I don't mind. But to position yourself as entertainment and then make political statements annoys me no end.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I forgot about this one, but it's on TV right now, Land of the Lost. I die laughing every time.