Helluva Engineer
Tonight's double header of winners were:

The Predator
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3829266/

and

Priest
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0822847/

Both just awful ****bombs.

What are some terrible movies you watch that you just can't turn off despite being the worst pieces of trash?

Thank you. Thank you so much. I rented The Predator when it first came out and ended up doing the dishes concurrently. It was just......retarded. When i made that statement among friends I was met with resistance which almost made me rethink my circle.

I watched "Bad Times at the El Royale" last night. It was like the Hateful 8 meets Pulp Fiction (yeah I am a tarantino guy) just not as good, which is to be expected. Jeff Bridges was his typical awesome self and I thought really everyone was pretty good, and Dakota Johnson was hot. It had the feel of a Tarantino movie without the A+ dialogue.

slugboy

Staff member
I watched the first 10-15 minutes of "The Predator". Past the first movie, I haven't found one of that series worth watching.

Pea, I admire your perspicacity in finishing "Bad Times at the El Royale". I'm not a fan of "let's throw a bunch of actors together and have a movie" movies (Hateful 8 and Hotel Artemis included)

If you want to go back a bit, pull up "Blade: Trinity"--Ryan Reynolds basically bailing out Wesley Snipes Acting. Demolition Man with Snipes and Stallone also goes in the bad and good category. Stallone and David Carradine were in "Death Race 2000", and they knew they were making a "so bad it's good" movie. See if you can pull up Schwartzenegger in "Running Man" while you're at it.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thank you. Thank you so much. I rented The Predator when it first came out and ended up doing the dishes concurrently. It was just......retarded. When i made that statement among friends I was met with resistance which almost made me rethink my circle.

I watched "Bad Times at the El Royale" last night. It was like the Hateful 8 meets Pulp Fiction (yeah I am a tarantino guy) just not as good, which is to be expected. Jeff Bridges was his typical awesome self and I thought really everyone was pretty good, and Dakota Johnson was hot. It had the feel of a Tarantino movie without the A+ dialogue.

I'll get thru El Royale when it hits HBO. It was a slow burn when I got thru a third on a plane.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I watched the first 10-15 minutes of "The Predator". Past the first movie, I haven't found one of that series worth watching.

Pea, I admire your perspicacity in finishing "Bad Times at the El Royale". I'm not a fan of "let's throw a bunch of actors together and have a movie" movies (Hateful 8 and Hotel Artemis included)

If you want to go back a bit, pull up "Blade: Trinity"--Ryan Reynolds basically bailing out Wesley Snipes Acting. Demolition Man with Snipes and Stallone also goes in the bad and good category. Stallone and David Carradine were in "Death Race 2000", and they knew they were making a "so bad it's good" movie. See if you can pull up Schwartzenegger in "Running Man" while you're at it.

It annoys the **** out of me that Blade Trinity is the one Blade movie that's never on TV.

Hotel Artemis was pretty good.

The Predator was like a long episode of The A-Team where there are 2 bad guys, who die, and most of The A-Team dies.

Also not a great movie... Pacific Rim: Uprising.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
It annoys the **** out of me that Blade Trinity is the one Blade movie that's never on TV.

The Predator was like a long episode of The A-Team where there are 2 bad guys, who die, and most of The A-Team dies.

Godfather Part 3 is another bad movie that's never shown on TV

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I want to watch Hotel Artemis.

Also, I recently watched “True Romance” again. Such a great flick. Really great scene with my avatar and Patricia Arquette

slugboy

Staff member

I'm pro "Pacific Rim". I'm con "Pacific Rim: Uprising".

I liked Dave Bautista in Hotel Artemis. The rest was predictable.

(If you want good movies, all the "Planet of the Apes" movies after Mark Wahlberg are good and well acted. The one he was in is just awful).

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I'm pro "Pacific Rim". I'm con "Pacific Rim: Uprising".

I liked Dave Bautista in Hotel Artemis. The rest was predictable.

(If you want good movies, all the "Planet of the Apes" movies after Mark Wahlberg are good and well acted. The one he was in is just awful).
I always preferred the late 1960s-early 1970s Planet of the Apes movies. I think they're just better.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have trouble participating in this thread because I block out so many of the lousy movies I have seen from my memory......

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have trouble participating in this thread because I block out so many of the lousy movies I have seen from my memory......

What's a movie that you like, because it's entertaining, but is a terrible movie?