Terrible Movie Tuesday

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is gonna be a debacle and, as a lifelong X-Men fan, I'm gonna have to see it anyway.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I watched Cold Pursuit last night. I hadn't seen any previews or reviews so I thought it was a typical Liam Neeson movie. It isn't. It is an attempt to meld a Liam Neeson movie with Fargo. I enjoy Neeson movies. Fargo is a great movie. I guess it was successful at the act of melding them together, but the result isn't worth watching.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I actually watche Fargo for the very first time this past weekend. I thought I heard it was a comedy but was somewhat surprised at what it actually was. It lived up to the billing for sure, I was just expecting something different

I actually watche Fargo for the very first time this past weekend. I thought I heard it was a comedy but was somewhat surprised at what it actually was. It lived up to the billing for sure, I was just expecting something different
So did you like it or not? I loved it, and the 2 (maybe 3) subsequent mini-series on TV were awesome also.

slugboy

Staff member
This is the first time I’ve heard Fargo described as a comedy, dark or otherwise

Check out Blood Simple and Miller’s Crossing. Not Barton Fink though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first time I’ve heard Fargo described as a comedy, dark or otherwise

Really? That's the only way I have ever heard it described, and in my opinion, that is exactly what it was. I thought it was hilarious, while at the same time being brutal and bloody.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

I think I’ve seen Millers Crossing (Gabriel Byrne?)

slugboy

Staff member
I think I’ve seen Millers Crossing (Gabriel Byrne?)

Yep, and Albert Finney. They play Irish Gangsters

The dark comedy discussion reminded me of “Eating Raul”—B movie, and not Coen brothers at all.