Tennessee Game 1

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Corey led us in tackles and solo tackles and was second in tfl last year.

That dude is a hitter, I legit feel sorry for opposing WRs coming across the middle sometimes. He and AJ make a great combo in play styles, I expect them to blossom this year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@dressedcheeseside is right that we've entered silliness territory.

Corey had 62 solo tackles last year, otherwise only AJ Gray (55) had more than 39. He was tied for 6th in ACC.

He had 5 tackles for loss. Amp had 5.5. Only Gamble had more.

He's a clear leader and impact player for us on D.
I like Griffin, he's a good player. Didn't recognize his mug or his number. I highly doubt I was the only one. It doesn't matter. Just an observation. That is all. No need to be offended.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I like Griffin, he's a good player. Didn't recognize his mug or his number. I highly doubt I was the only one. It doesn't matter. Just an observation. That is all. No need to be offended.

Fwiw, I made my initial post expressing my opinion as just as valid as yours. I respect that different people can see things differently.

You chose to attack my opinion as silly, at first by taking it out of context. Your attempt to take the high ground here rings empty to me.

I know that some people take every disagreement as a personal attack. I don't mean anything personal here. I simply disagreed with your opinion. Imo, Corey is more proven on our D than Pat was laat year, and I liked Pat.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
If they spend too much time preparing for our offense, they may be able to slow it down but what about the rest of the offenses they have to play the rest of the year?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, I made my initial post expressing my opinion as just as valid as yours. I respect that different people can see things differently.

You chose to attack my opinion as silly, at first by taking it out of context. Your attempt to take the high ground here rings empty to me.

I know that some people take every disagreement as a personal attack. I don't mean anything personal here. I simply disagreed with your opinion. Imo, Corey is more proven on our D than Pat was laat year, and I liked Pat.
Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Deleted member 2897

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

And I apologize for my raw edge. It wasn't meant to be personal to you, it was just an old man yelling at clouds. But for real I think for fans of Georgia Tech, we should study and memorize the 2 deep. Literally spend time memorizing it. I tried to learn some of their majors too last year, but that got too complicated for my tiny brain. Along the way you'll pick up other tidbits, like the fact that Shamire Devine weighs more than twice that of Xavier Gantt, and he's almost exactly a foot taller.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

Deleted member 2897

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/g...nt-underdog-tennessee/8iKKPTo6awfJPlptmta0nN/

LOL. So happy about this line! Great to keep the guys focused. So, TN loses their QB and most of their other offensive weapons (we have all other offensive skill position starters back btw), playing in ATL, and had a worse record vs. common opponents (VAN, KY, UGAg)... sounds about like a 3 point favorite. Haha

Because #SEC.

Its insane. And when the final pre-season football rankings come out, expect the usual 7 teams from the SEC to be ranked, with 2 more getting votes. By the end of the season it will go from those 9 down to about 5. The SEC East was the single worst division of football in all of P5 last year. The West was better, but because Alabama pulled everyone else's weight. Its the same old crap year after year. All you can do is just keep beating them.

The SEC is great at track at baseball. Its terrible at academics and everything else.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Woah now. This is silly talk. Corey very much deserves any promo shot he gets. Top 5 player on our team and the leader of our defense.
I agree. Just a long time before toe meets leather. It seems like my anticipation factor is up more than usual. I'm always anxious to get the season going but I think this year we have a better than normal chance of being special. I just like what we have coming back and feel like we have better depth than we've had. I've got a good feeling about the season!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't worried too much about this game until MJ went down. Tough for a RS Freshman to run this offense at a high leve, especially in the first game of the season on a big stage. Whoever wins the job will need to be able to hit some passes and hope we can ride Mills for about 30 carries and 150+ yards. They'll be able to score, everyone scores on us.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't worried too much about this game until MJ went down. Tough for a RS Freshman to run this offense at a high leve, especially in the first game of the season on a big stage. Whoever wins the job will need to be able to hit some passes and hope we can ride Mills for about 30 carries and 150+ yards. They'll be able to score, everyone scores on us.

This. We will do this.

Plus, don't forget TN is breaking in new QB, RB, WRs, right?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
CPJ says the one position he doesn't worry about is the QB. But I'm with you. Its the one position I *DO* worry about. That and Linebackers.

Definitely LBs....but I'm not that worried about QB...if the OLine is pretty good we're going to ram the ball up the middle with Dedrick a ton. Whoever is QB will have a ton of playmakers around him that have played a bunch.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Definitely LBs....but I'm not that worried about QB...if the OLine is pretty good we're going to ram the ball up the middle with Dedrick a ton. Whoever is QB will have a ton of playmakers around him that have played a bunch.
The only problem with breaking in a QB without real reps, which is why it's tough that MJ is out for so long, is turnovers. It's easy to mess up the mesh and fumble when you haven't played much.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The only problem with breaking in a QB without real reps, which is why it's tough that MJ is out for so long, is turnovers. It's easy to mess up the mesh and fumble when you haven't played much.
Not to mention other common noob mistakes like carry the ball like a loaf of bread, try to run around in the backfield to escape a pass rush like you're still in high school, lock onto receivers and throw into coverage.

Any news on MJ's rehab?

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
This. We will do this.

Plus, don't forget TN is breaking in new QB, RB, WRs, right?
In the spring "game", they looked lighter at RB than the other two spots.

Dormady looked calm on their spread stuff and accurate on fades. He doesn't have a ton of RPM, but I would take him over Eason right now, no questions asked. The Guarantano (sp?) tried to force some throws, but he can run.

WR1 is Jauan Jennings, 6'3 205. He was TN POY at QB out of high school. Caught 7 TDs last year.
I bet they use the SR TE a little more against us, especially if the think they can get something from a match up on an Austin. He's 6' 6" -- caught 2 TDs last year.
Looked like they had a few other competent receivers.

Kelly and the other, faster RB look more like third-down backs than the guys Kentucky and UGA line up.