Tennessee Game 1

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
well. random college football fans would only be able to identify justin thomas and he gone

I think most GT fans know our starters and guys who have played in almost every game for the last three years.

I think my opinion that pretty much all GT fans know who Corey is by number is as valid as any other's.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I think most GT fans know our starters and guys who have played in almost every game for the last three years.

I think my opinion that pretty much all GT fans know who Corey is by number is as valid as any other's.
I mean I knew who it was

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Don't we have any marquee players anymore? I had to look up who #14 was.
Certainly Mills would be so considered, right? If that kid's head is facing front all year and he isn' dinged up, he should have a big, breakout year. It would not surprise me to see more production from him and that position that in any year of the Johnson tenure.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Certainly Mills would be so considered, right? If that kid's head is facing front all year and he isn' dinged up, he should have a big, breakout year. It would not surprise me to see more production from him and that position that in any year of the Johnson tenure.
Yes he's about it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think we have a bunch of guys with potential, but I can't remember coming into a season with so few marquee players.

Who are the obvious ACC media days reps?

Deleted member 2897

Random Joe college fan don't know those guys.

Who gives half of a rats ***. I couldn't name anybody on North Carolina's roster right now. Or Virginia Tech. Or Pittsburgh. Half of Clemson left for the NFL, so I could name but a couple over there. Doesn't bother me. Personally, I would have picked Qua Searcy or Clinton Lynch, but our #1 tackler is fine. If his number had said 5 or 1 or 22 or 26 or eleventy-three, it doesn't matter. We're just a nasty bunch out there starting fist fights. Perhaps we should have put Kenny Cooper on there ready to snap the ball and take out somebody's shins.

Deleted member 2897

Don't get me wrong, winning with a bunch of no names doesn't bother me one bit. The Miami dolphins made it famous in the 70s.

I know I'm being a hardass, but they should not be no names to us. And they will always be no names to everyone else and that's okay. How many names do you know on Ohio State's roster? Alabama's? Stanford's? Notre Dames? Maybe its just me, but I know very very few. And that's okay. Like you said, many people knew Justin Thomas, but probably not much else. If Mills stays healthy and out of trouble, they'll know his name next year, because he'll be in all the highlights and stat lines like Justin Thomas always was.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I know I'm being a hardass, but they should not be no names to us. And they will always be no names to everyone else and that's okay. How many names do you know on Ohio State's roster? Alabama's? Stanford's? Notre Dames? Maybe its just me, but I know very very few. And that's okay. Like you said, many people knew Justin Thomas, but probably not much else. If Mills stays healthy and out of trouble, they'll know his name next year, because he'll be in all the highlights and stat lines like Justin Thomas always was.
Fwiw, I suspect many of our opponents fans will know a few of our players by name by the end of the season.

There has been a lot of star player attrition throughout the league this year.