Tennessee Game 1

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/kirk-herbstreit-labor-day-three-games.html

There may not be a man in America busier this coming Labor Day weekend than Kirk Herbstreit.

With college football season kicking off, the ESPN analyst faces a schedule that’s exhausting just to look at:

• On Wednesday, Aug. 30, he will fly to Bloomington, Indiana.
  • On Thursday, he will call the Indiana-Ohio State game at Memorial Stadium (8 p.m. ET, ESPN), with play-by-play man Dave Flemming. Afterward, he will fly to Atlanta.
  • On Friday, he hopes to sneak off to Nashville to catch his sons’ high school games. Then, back to Atlanta.
  • On Saturday morning, he will join the College GameDay team at the brand new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, site of Alabama-Florida State.
  • On Saturday night, he will call the Crimson Tide-Seminoles clash (8 p.m., ABC), alongside Chris Fowler.
  • After catching his breath Sunday, he will stick in Atlanta on Monday to call Tennessee-Georgia Tech (8 p.m., ESPN), next to Rece Davis.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/kirk-herbstreit-labor-day-three-games.html

There may not be a man in America busier this coming Labor Day weekend than Kirk Herbstreit.

With college football season kicking off, the ESPN analyst faces a schedule that’s exhausting just to look at:

• On Wednesday, Aug. 30, he will fly to Bloomington, Indiana.
  • On Thursday, he will call the Indiana-Ohio State game at Memorial Stadium (8 p.m. ET, ESPN), with play-by-play man Dave Flemming. Afterward, he will fly to Atlanta.
  • On Friday, he hopes to sneak off to Nashville to catch his sons’ high school games. Then, back to Atlanta.
  • On Saturday morning, he will join the College GameDay team at the brand new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, site of Alabama-Florida State.
  • On Saturday night, he will call the Crimson Tide-Seminoles clash (8 p.m., ABC), alongside Chris Fowler.
  • After catching his breath Sunday, he will stick in Atlanta on Monday to call Tennessee-Georgia Tech (8 p.m., ESPN), next to Rece Davis.
If you're first team, you'll get more reps than others.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Finebaum talking Tennessee schedule today. After one of his co-hosts said "If they can get by Georgia Tech then they can..."

Finebaum interrupts him with this: "Oh, they're going to beat Georgia Tech, come on. Paul Johnson has to surprise teams, he's not gonna beat you in the opener"

Amazing that CPJ surprised Kentucky last year and Miss State even though they knew for more than a month that they would be playing us;)

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
"We're bad against teams missing players"

Y'all VT had basically their entire secondary suspended or injured against GT last year and look how that turned out

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Wow. How does one debate this?

Personally, I think Tech's greatest mistake ever ... was to leave the SEC. Better competition breeds better competitors.

Still, ACC vs. SEC? Having grown up with the SEC, yes ... the SEC has off years. But they always tend to reload rather than rebuild. Alabama, for example, has been winning championships since WWI. The point is ... the SEC is deep. And has a deep football tradition. Hard to beat.

God I love football. I can' t wait for the season to start.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Wow. How does one debate this?

Personally, I think Tech's greatest mistake ever ... was to leave the SEC. Better competition breeds better competitors.

Still, ACC vs. SEC? Having grown up with the SEC, yes ... the SEC has off years. But they always tend to reload rather than rebuild. Alabama, for example, has been winning championships since WWI. The point is ... the SEC is deep. And has a deep football tradition. Hard to beat.

God I love football. I can' t wait for the season to start.
Bama has been the only consistent team in the SEC, the rest are just riding the tail of Bama. Imo.