Tennessee Game 1

JACKetsfan

Georgia Tech Fan
I just can't understand how they have not picked a starting QB by now. :)
Lots of options. So fortunate to have QB options. Saw them all in the scrimmage. It's a good problem to have diverse athletic inventory. Perfect week to determine which one works the best with whole offense. This team is full of talented surprises you will see....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Lots of options. So fortunate to have QB options. Saw them all in the scrimmage. It's a good problem to have diverse athletic inventory. Perfect week to determine which one works the best with whole offense. This team is full of talented surprises you will see....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was joking about Tennessee

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm still worried about our 2nd DT and production there. Also still concerned if we can get efffective edge rush on the QB from our DEs. Potentially the best and worst things about the first game could be finding answers to these two questions.

Milwaukee

Banned
Anyone have 2 tix for sale? I'm hesitant purchasing from Stubhub with the delivery of hard copy tickets delivered by Sep 02 and electronic tickets available for download Sep 03. I'm flying down Sunday Sep 03, I feel like that's pushing it too close.

Pm me if you have any for sale please. Thanks in advance.

Same for JSU if you have available. Looking for 2, but not as worried since finding 2 the day of the game shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm still worried about our 2nd DT and production there. Also still concerned if we can get efffective edge rush on the QB from our DEs. Potentially the best and worst things about the first game could be finding answers to these two questions.
Not worried about the edge rushers but the DT question is interesting. Hear Branch is one to watch. Who else you got?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully Adams will step up and be able to split snaps with Cerge-Henderson. If that happens, then I'm not worried about the DT spot because Branch is going to be a beast. As for edge rushers, I think that we'll be fine with the rotation of Simmons, Freeman, and Frenchy.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Meant for that last post to go with this quote. Still getting it figured out. Please give an old fan, but young poster a little time to get it!!
a statement was made Alabama has been the only consistent team in the SEC. But if you take out 2 of 3 years Franklin was at Vandy their win total the rest of the 2000's has been6-4-3-6-2-2-7-5-4-5-2-2-2-2-3. Which to me looked consistent not good but consistent.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not worried about the edge rushers but the DT question is interesting. Hear Branch is one to watch. Who else you got?

I've been high on Branch since the end of last year. I think he will be disruptive. I'm hopeful regarding the DEs but seeing is believing and close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I've been high on Branch since the end of last year. I think he will be disruptive. I'm hopeful regarding the DEs but seeing is believing and close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
I hope we have 4 guys to rotate at DT and 4 at DE. We know at DE we have Simmons, saint-amour, and Freeman. Who will be the 4th? I'm guessing it will be Owens or Merriweather. At DT we have Branch, Cerge Henderson, and Adams. We will need a 4th there as well. I'm guessing it will be Glanton. The D line has some potential, and decent depth depending on if they take that next step from what they were as individuals last year. I'm more worried about the LB depth.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure the final poll results were ever posted
247 POLL: Vols' fear factor vs. Georgia Tech

upload_2017-8-16_14-20-47.png

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
Historically, UT struggles with home openers. They've been spotty for a LONG time. And Butch? Not the best on field coach. I think we have an excellent shot at whipping the Vols.
Definitely agree that Butch Jones isn't the best game day coach. Tennessee has too much talent to simply predict a Georgia Tech win but if Tech loses I highly doubt it'll be because CPJ was out coached. It'll be turnovers or missed field goals or something like that. If we gel with a new QB then I'll be surprised if Tennessee is able to make the necessary adjustments throughout the game.