Tennessee Game 1

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Those are fighting words right there! LOL. I'm kinda glad that article put that out there. Whether it's accurate or not, Vols players have been called out and I'd expect any football player being called sofT (tuh), is going to be motivated to be considered anything but.

Only thing sawft about the Vols' players will be their lower extremities ....

#Tenneknees
#BOWK

Those are fighting words right there! LOL. I'm kinda glad that article put that out there. Whether it's accurate or not, Vols players have been called out and I'd expect any football player being called sofT (tuh), is going to be motivated to be considered anything but.

Yeah, don't know if it is accurate or not. But if you're soft after playing years of football I don't think you can change significantly in one fall camp. After Gailey's first year he was asked what was the most significant shortcoming that he found at Tech. He said it was a lack of understanding by the players of just how physically and mentally tough they had to be to win. How you instill that, I don't know.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, don't know if it is accurate or not. But if you're soft after playing years of football I don't think you can change significantly in one fall camp. After Gailey's first year he was asked what was the most significant shortcoming that he found at Tech. He said it was a lack of understanding by the players of just how physically and mentally tough they had to be to win. How you instill that, I don't know.
Yep the Falcons were called soft before Dan Quinn got there. Mike smith that year said they were going to be a tough team, and when It came time they were still soft.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
LOL that's a disturbing mental picture.

Have you not seen your Vol brethren's cries? Have you not heard Lyle and his staff's concerns about cutchopbloks? This is serious bidness, my friend. Kids' lower legs are at stake here.

I'm expecting the first half to look like a low-budget, Civil War battle scene. The brutality will make the opening sequence of Saving Private Ryan look like Sesame Street re-runs. Ligaments and Achilles tendons will be strewn across the field. The Chic-fil-A Kickoff Classic will be officially renamed the Battle of Wounded Knees. Sponsorship be dang'd.

Oh, the humanity!

#BOWK

gtvol

Georgia Tech Fan
Have you not seen your Vol brethren's cries? Have you not heard Lyle and his staff's concerns about cutchopbloks? This is serious bidness, my friend. Kids' lower legs are at stake here.

I'm expecting the first half to look like a low-budget, Civil War battle scene. The brutality will make the opening sequence of Saving Private Ryan look like Sesame Street re-runs. Ligaments and Achilles tendons will be strewn across the field. The Chic-fil-A Kickoff Classic will be officially renamed the Battle of Wounded Knees. Sponsorship be dang'd.

Oh, the humanity!

#BOWK

meh. I'm not so worried

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Are you predicting that ut players will have knee injuries during the gt game?
tumblr_ouaubhqk321s5m21go4_400.gif

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Lol....I gotta talk a little trash:p

I think it's kinda cowardly for that scout to call out the TE as being soft....while refusing to be cited personally in the article as the originator of that criticism.

I also don't really think any college football teams, as a whole, are soft. That's an easy criticism to toss at any team struggling to win or meet expectations. Kinda like saying a coordinator sucks and can't coach because his unit hasn't met expectations/ desires. Football tends to weed out those that are faint of heart.

Sure some teams may have a couple players that don't like contact as much as others. That trait didn't prevent Deion Sanders from dominating at his position. His was a slightly special case as his speed was insane.

gtvol

Georgia Tech Fan
I think it's kinda cowardly for that scout to call out the TE as being soft

Yeah that article turned into a bash piece on the TE. That kid has started since day 1 he's been on campus. But credit to Wolf for acknowledging that was something he wanted to address during the offseason (being more physical), and bulked up to 258 lbs. He is a big guy and I'd like to see him pancake every defender he blocks, but he does a good job of sealing off holes. I can only recall a couple times when he completely whiffed on a block against someone smaller and quicker. But attempting to become tougher is better than not trying at all.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Lol....I gotta talk a little trash:p

I think it's kinda cowardly for that scout to call out the TE as being soft....while refusing to be cited personally in the article as the originator of that criticism.

I also don't really think any college football teams, as a whole, are soft. That's an easy criticism to toss at any team struggling to win or meet expectations. Kinda like saying a coordinator sucks and can't coach because his unit hasn't met expectations/ desires. Football tends to weed out those that are faint of heart.

Sure some teams may have a couple players that don't like contact as much as others. That trait didn't prevent Deion Sanders from dominating at his position. His was a slightly special case as his speed was insane.
I wouldn't be surprised to discover that the "scout" is actually a UT coach. It has been obvious since Spring that their coaching staff has been spinning the narrative their precious ones will have to defeat blocks.