Tennessee Game 1

stech81

Helluva Engineer
GT must have reached 35K season ticket holders. Thats the only way they are giving out these tickets. I believe season ticket #s for the past few years have been between 30K-34K, so this game has probably upped the sales for this year by a couple thousand.
Maybe not they had E-mails and you could buy extra tickets at one point.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Maybe not they had E-mails and you could buy extra tickets at one point.

I've been receiving e-mails consistently saying the only way to get them is through season tickets. I have several friends who would like to get the email you're talking about. Could you share?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I've been receiving e-mails consistently saying the only way to get them is through season tickets. I have several friends who would like to get the email you're talking about. Could you share?

Season ticket holders iiuc

crut

Helluva Engineer
Not sure I buy that more than a small few Tennessee or uga fans have bought GT season tickets. Tickets for both games are on secondary markets for far less than a GT season ticket, and you get far more flexibility in where you sit.

So unless these people trust the secondary market for all other GT games while also commiting to putting in the effort of reselling all their other tickets for a team they don't support, it makes no sense for either Tennessee fans or uga fans to buy GT season tickets.

Also, having the uga game at BDS probably boosts GT season ticket sales because it tends to make the schedule more inticing, as opposed to a bunch of uga people buying GT season tickets, because again, doesn't make much financial sense.

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
Not sure I buy that more than a small few Tennessee or uga fans have bought GT season tickets. Tickets for both games are on secondary markets for far less than a GT season ticket, and you get far more flexibility in where you sit.

So unless these people trust the secondary market for all other GT games while also commiting to putting in the effort of reselling all their other tickets for a team they don't support, it makes no sense for either Tennessee fans or uga fans to buy GT season tickets.

Also, having the uga game at BDS probably boosts GT season ticket sales because it tends to make the schedule more inticing, as opposed to a bunch of uga people buying GT season tickets, because again, doesn't make much financial sense.
It's been well documented that a number uga fans purchase GT season tickets or 3-game passes or 4-game passes (when available) to ensure they have tickets to the Tech-uga game at BDS.

crut

Helluva Engineer
It's been well documented that a number uga fans purchase GT season tickets or 3-game passes or 4-game passes (when available) to ensure they have tickets to the Tech-uga game at BDS.

I'm interested in reading/seeing that, so please share if you have access to that info. Maybe the 3-game packs make more sense, but season tickets just don't make sense for uga fans to buy. There are upper level tickets for $110 and lower level for $150 on Stubhub right now. A season ticket is going to cost you at least $350, with no guarantee you're going to get much money for the Jax St/Pitt/UNC games

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I understand what you're saying. I'm not going to go back and research specific articles. If you're so inclined, I'm certain you'll find articles and references in AJC's coverage [sic] of GT.

The point it that some uga fans want to guarantee they get seats, and buying season tix is the best way to assure that.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I am one. Didn't get those e-mails

I marked the request for TN tickets when I ordered my season tickets. I got an email stating that TN tickets were available for my AT Fund level. I called a couple of days later and purchased 4. Upper end zone is all that was available for the extras at that point.