Tech vs UGA - 12pm Kick on SEC Network

98 was noon kick-off. Still sunshine at game winning kick

2000 was an overcast, cold, rainy, soggy day. Hard to tell from picks if it was dark at the end or just super overcast. Still looked pretty light at the start of the third qtr.

Anyway, since it is over at the cesspool, think noon kick-off is better for us. Hope it is at least.

Are you basing what you say simply because the sun was still out at the end? You may well be correct, but I am more inclined to think both those games started at 1PM, and possibly as late as 1:30PM. Hell, when I was in school in the 60s, all the games not on TV (which was the vast majority of them) started at 2PM, and it was still daylight when those were over too.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Are you basing what you say simply because the sun was still out at the end? You may well be correct, but I am more inclined to think both those games started at 1PM, and possibly as late as 1:30PM. Hell, when I was in school in the 60s, all the games not on TV (which was the vast majority of them) started at 2PM, and it was still daylight when those were over too.

Well, I was there, but that's pushing 14 and 16 years ago. I remember daylight, not dusk, at the end of both, so it could have been 1:00 or 1:30. No way it was 3:30 start though. 2008 was definitely noon start, at least that's what the archive schedule on the GTAA site indicates. Regardless, I think earlier rather than later kick-off THIS year is to our advantage.

Well, I was there, but that's pushing 14 and 16 years ago. I remember daylight, not dusk, at the end of both, so it could have been 1:00 or 1:30. No way it was 3:30 start though. 2008 was definitely noon start, at least that's what the archive schedule on the GTAA site indicates. Regardless, I think earlier rather than later kick-off THIS year is to our advantage.
I couldn't find any KO times of games that far back anywhere on line. I checked RamblinWreck.com, but not the GTAA site. I was there for both, and I agree that it was definitely not dusk when they ended. In fact, every time I have been to Athens (up till 2000, my last ever trip there), it was still daylight when I got in my car to head home. Of course, in 1974, there may have been daylight, but you sure couldn't see it for the clouds and rain....LOL Anyway, I just don't know that TV ever had KO times at 1 or 1:30, so I guess maybe they WERE at noon. I HATE noon games, but I agree that the earlier KO's have seemed to be pretty good for us this year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
....... Regardless, I think earlier rather than later kick-off THIS year is to our advantage.

Agree, I think noon starts lessen the home field advantage. It'll work against us for Clemson and for us for UGAg.

I get SEC Network as part of the ESPN bundle....... I got cable back mostly for game watchings since the mirror (FirstRowSports) sites which carry games aren't always reliable.

Animal02

Banned
I couldn't find any KO times of games that far back anywhere on line. I checked RamblinWreck.com, but not the GTAA site. I was there for both, and I agree that it was definitely not dusk when they ended. In fact, every time I have been to Athens (up till 2000, my last ever trip there), it was still daylight when I got in my car to head home. Of course, in 1974, there may have been daylight, but you sure couldn't see it for the clouds and rain....LOL Anyway, I just don't know that TV ever had KO times at 1 or 1:30, so I guess maybe they WERE at noon. I HATE noon games, but I agree that the earlier KO's have seemed to be pretty good for us this year.

When did ESPN start dictating kick off times......it has not been that long? Heck , it wasn't that long ago that not all games were broadcast.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I dont know how accurate this this, but I think I remember hearing noon spots on TV are quite lucrative spots since they come after Gameday which is widely viewed, and I imagine the SEC one is also. So I think playing on SEC network is kind of a backhanded compliment where they wanted a good match-up but relegated us to a lousy channel for viewership...