Tech vs UGA - 12pm Kick on SEC Network

Animal02

Banned
My guess is the networks are expecting Tech to lose to Clemp, and Ugag to lose to Auburn.....thus the game will be between unranked teams.
I don't get why this game was not at least held (timewise) to see what happened this weekend.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
There may be options ESPN can take with this even after setting the time and channel. I quit trying to follow the machinations of the four letter network a long time ago though. I have noticed in the past that some games have switched channels (ESPN channels) they are supposed to air on shortly before game day / time.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Why should they pay to support another conference??? Just asking.

Agreed! Honestly I try to not watch the SEC network as much as possible. My wife is from Columbia, MO and she wants to watch the Tigers but even she hates the fact they are in the SEC and their games are on that network.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My guess is the networks are expecting Tech to lose to Clemp, and Ugag to lose to Auburn.....thus the game will be between unranked teams.
I don't get why this game was not at least held (timewise) to see what happened this weekend.

It's a UGA/SEC home game, which means it would be on CBS or ESPN. CBS can choose from the Egg Bowl with the current #1 team in the nation (Miss St) and the #10 team (Ole Miss), or the Iron Bowl (AU/'Bama) which is another top 10 matchup of #4 vs #9. CBS declined the AU/Bama game because they've been showing too many Alabama games (actually read that on the internet).

I agree though...our game could be a top 25 matchup and deserves better than to be located on a conference network. At worst it will be two 8 win teams.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Some of us don't have that option, and it would be nice if the TV broadcast would be a bit more accommodating. Fun fact: the on campus cable doesn't even provide the SEC network.

When I was dorming in Smith, we just had basic cable and I think 2 channels that showed premium movies like HBO. My freshmen year was the first time I saw the Godfather movies.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Agreed! Honestly I try to not watch the SEC network as much as possible. My wife is from Columbia, MO and she wants to watch the Tigers but even she hates the fact they are in the SEC and their games are on that network.
I’m pretty sure you could on a GT shirt and that GIF would have been me at the Duke game this year.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Cable in dorms? What a concept........just having a TV in your own room was unusual when I was there......

Yup, in my day the only TV in Smith was in the main lounge on the 2nd floor near the interstate ramp. It used an antenna.

Hill Street Blues was a big draw on Thursday nights before going to Grumpy's.

Of course, someone can come in here and post about how it was before that TV. :D

Animal02

Banned
Yup, in my day the only TV in Smith was in the main lounge on the 2nd floor near the interstate ramp. It used an antenna.

Of course, someone can come in here and post about how it was before that TV. :D

Before Grumpy's it was Spiro's IIRC. I was lucky my roommate had a 13 B&W ......remember watch the UGA game on it in '78

I was there long before Hill Street Blues, but I can't remember now if there was a TV in the Smith lounge or not (probably so). But still, all my friends and I would just go watch whatever we wanted to see at the V. Didn't always eat, but definitely sat there watching the tube.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd love to see more Tech fans in Athens this year. Last time there was a scant thin gold line in the seats. I know they are obnoxious but why let that ruin a chance to see our guys and root them on in person? Plus...walking out of Sanford Stadium after a Tech win is......bliss.

2008 was indeed bliss. My buddy and I were sitting on the "old money alumni" section as a guest of another good friend. The only ones not wearing red for as far as I could see. Right in front of us was where Roddy made his shoulder bump TD run. After the game as over, the walk back to the RV was a quiet one. We didn't gloat out of respect for our hosts, but was it hard not to run around like an idiot screaming. It's too bad that feeling does not come around as often. I have walked out of that stadium more than once with a different feeling, dreading that long ride home.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
For those wanting a replay of the game, a guy by GT Bob posts them to YouTube a few days after the fact. Just search YouTube for GT Bob...

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck

Next thing you will be telling us that there was a time when you couldn't get wifi on the trolley or that you could only use your phone when it was plugged into a wall...