TECH VS MIAMI POSTGAME

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
It was meant to be a tendency breaker, but the defense stayed home because they weren't having to commit extra bodies to stop the run when we run out of pistol anyways.
Yep, so a really bad call. Thanks for confirming my assessment.

Long has done that crap about 3-4 times this year and it just hasn’t worked. Poor play calling.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This^^^
Looked definitely under thrown with too much air. Looked like something I would throw with my weakass arm. It didn't help that it appeared the Leonard seemed to just be flat-footed trying to get back to the ball or break up the interception.
I think it is likely that his arm was hurt on the previous run. If he has a broken collarbone and Sims is not playing again, the fat lady just sang.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yep, so a really bad call. Thanks for confirming my assessment.

Long has done that crap about 3-4 times this year and it just hasn’t worked. Poor play calling.
It's just shocking to me how amateurish we look running plays like that. We don't sell them well and fool no one.

Just, in general, we look like we've got 11 guys marching to different drumbeats on offense and have for the past 4 years. We run timing plays and the QB double clutches the passes. We try to swing it out, but our spacing and timing are off and we hardly ever get the edge and drop the ball half the time. God forbid we try to run a screen pass.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Been saying this. Chip is garbage. Haven’t been a fan since the 1st game! Trash play calling
It took you to the first game? I tried warning everyone prior to him being hired. I made countless posts about our OL too, but was consistently told I wasn't correct. We should've seen this coming (some did):
- New Offensive Coordinator who was terrible at Tulane, has only had success under offensive genius HCs, and whose scheme relies on TE mismatches.
- Best 2 RBs left
- Best WR left
- Replacing majority of our OL (players who started at their previous schools --> players who didn't even sniff the field at their previous schools)
- Our TEs still suck

The only group on offense who wasn't supposed to be worse this year was QB and we've been hit by the injury bug there.

Jolly Good Fellow
Chip is in the long line of OCs who think they can out smart defenses with bull sh*t trick plays . Run the damn ball 4 times
Flea flicker from right hash into the short-side boundary was the end for us. Got up, walked out and headed back to Nashville. I will not be back. I’m too old and GT football is too broken

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
frustrating to know Domineck at Arkansas and Ivey at Ole Miss had combined for 11 sacks this season prior to today, our entire DL had 13.5 for the season.
If we could pay Ivey or Domineck what they got paid at Ole Miss or Arkansas maybe they would still be around. That’s the new state of CFB. Sucks but that’s the future.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Well, this ends two items that had been sources of endless speculation. I think we can effectively eliminate Coach Key as a prospective new coach and the last flickering hopes of a bowl just died. If there was ever a team in need of a thorough roster turnover and the release of all members of a coaching staff it is this one. Georgia Tech is about to embark upon what could be a lengthy period in the football wilderness defined by years of futility, losses, and perhaps, several coaching changes. It will not be pretty.
All we had to do was gradually develop a passing offense on the back of a running offense that was one of the top in the nation & shore up a rickety defense. We'd be a scoring machine and with any improvement in the defense, it would have immediately yielded more wins. We were already a diciplined team, no changes required there. Start recruiting for the future, bring the players in for the new system & redshirt them to develop them physically, teach them the new schemes/techniques, etc while you're weaning off the old roster.

It was a fairly simple transition, 3-4 years to get ALL the pieces in place to go from a 7 win to a 8 win program then maybe up from there. With the ACC being so sorry, the wins were there for the taking. Momentum was there to be had as the program had gotten stale under Johnson and people were ready for new energy, but we decided to destroy the village in order to save it.

We did everything wrong- strategy, initial transition, culture, game prep, game management, recruiting, portal management, roster management, special teams, S&C, training, staffing, media, leveraging fanbase support. All show & no go, damn near every facet of our operation got worse, at best elements went sideways and we stood still or ignored threats to our program while the environment around us changed right before our very eyes. To make matters worse, we burned our nest egg, have increased operational costs significantly with either a flatlined or possible decrease in revenue.

The next guy has a helluva a rebuild on his hands. Literally needs to rebuild every damn thing from scratch & we're bleeding from every orifice. Not even sure Homer Rice had a bigger challenge than what Batt has on his hands.

kalld12

Banned
I’ve heard Pyron has a broken collarbone in 3 places. The coaching staff tried to get Jeff Sims to get in the game and play when Pyron went out and he refused to. I’ve been told don’t be surprised if Pumachahn gets snaps the next 2 weeks
Any of the rumors true to Sims looking to transfer after season end? If he refused to go in then the rumors may be true.

kalld12

Banned
I’ve heard some different things so I’m not too comfortable throwing out information that isn’t stable. I think it would be beneficial to Tech and Sims if he transferred, that’s just my opinion.
Thank you for the response. We shall see.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I’ve heard some different things so I’m not too comfortable throwing out information that isn’t stable. I think it would be beneficial to Tech and Sims if he transferred, that’s just my opinion.
I hope that's not the case but I think it's very probable he is gone. He may have already checked out like Gibbs did last year.