Tech @ UNC (Oct. 12th) - Noon Kickoff

slugboy

Staff member
Game on paper preview:

GT OFFENSE VS UNC DEFENSE

Great offense (our at least very good) against below average defense. UNC isn't very good against the run or the pass.

GTUNC
#70.37EPA/Pass-0.06#65
#420.09EPA/Rush-0.02#66
#1961.5%Available Yards %38.6%#47
#67Own 28Starting Field PositionOwn 29#91
#150.21Early Downs EPA/Play-0.03#74
#4848.4%3rd/4th Down Success35.1%#26
#236.15Avg 3rd Down Distance7.77#34

GT Defense vs UNC Offense​

Terrible defense vs terrible offense. UNC doesn't pass well. It's weaknesses against weaknesses and strength against strength.

GTUNC
#1280.29EPA/Pass-0.08#101
#14-0.21EPA/Rush0.19#18
#7844.2%Available Yards %46.2%#78
#5Own 24Starting FPOwn 27#99
#75-0.01Early Downs EPA/Play0.07#50
#5338.1%3rd Down Success38.2%#97
#227.92Avg 3rd Down Distance6.84#59

The Duke game was a bad matchup because their defense was so good. For UNC, our offense should be OK and our defense is set up to counter their strong run game.

UNC should want to attack our pass defense. Will it work?

Over at ESPN, Bill Connelly has UNC over Tech 30-29. FPI likes GT 57% of the time, so close.

Last edited:

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I really want us to make TFGs defense look like crap.
I hope he be trash talking in the locker room a little bit.

knock out dance GIF by Fluffy Friends

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I might get a warning for saying this but TFG is a borderline psychopath. He now has a special hatred for Tech, believing that he was unfairly treated and that they are the source of all his troubles. He has gone from “Tech is my dream job” to wishing all manner of misfortune on this program.

My concern is how his persecution feelings get translated to his new team. Do they play lights out to avenge their coach, take cheap shots at our star players, or what? Hopefully they just play undisciplined like their coach. But the secondary storyline of hurt feelings, malice and revenge concerns me a little because it is an unknown wildcard.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He now has a special hatred for Tech, believing that he was unfairly treated and that they are the source of all his troubles.
troubles??? he is making over $11MM not to coach here. Most of us wish we had troubles like that!!! The other things - bad haircut/hairdo, awful wardrobe, etc. - can be remedied imo with the aforementioned $11MM. (apparently the inability to coach defense is something that large sums of money can NOT buy). Not defending him to be clear but of all the things this guy shouldn't have, "troubles" is at the top of the list, especially given the return available in the market these days.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
troubles??? he is making over $11MM not to coach here. Most of us wish we had troubles like that!!! The other things - bad haircut/hairdo, awful wardrobe, etc. - can be remedied imo with the aforementioned $11MM. (apparently the inability to coach defense is something that large sums of money can NOT buy). Not defending him to be clear but of all the things this guy shouldn't have, "troubles" is at the top of the list, especially given the return available in the market these days.
Agree completely.

But con artists don’t like being exposed and their fragile ego structure has to find a scapegoat. He failed miserably at Tech but in his narrative it was Tech that failed. He will never let go of that narrative.