Tech-UGA reaction video

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I was way to chicken---- to watch the game after so many yrs of disappointment(see last yr).I went out to play a league tennis match to take my mind off of it.When I got off the court, I had
13 texts and 6 voicemails saying we won.The anticipation of watching that film rivaled even great sex. (well, maybe not,but it sure was sweet)

SavannahBee

Georgia Tech Fan
After the three consecutive near fatal cardio pulminary episodes... When the pick happened, all I was screaming was " fall the f*** on the ground!!!" Was so afraid he was gonna try and run with it given his state of euphoria in the moment. Longest 1.5 seconds of my life!

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I was way to chicken---- to watch the game after so many yrs of disappointment(see last yr).I went out to play a league tennis match to take my mind off of it.When I got off the court, I had
13 texts and 6 voicemails saying we won.The anticipation of watching that film rivaled even great sex. (well, maybe not,but it sure was sweet)

If you knew the outcome of the game before you watched it, you missed an indescribable experience.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I'm normally a naysayer, but when they kicked off short I told the group of 30 I was watching with that it wasn't over and the Mutts effed up by giving us a chance. When time was running out I was screaming to kick because I was sweating the load we'd get a penalty & lose on a run off. Immense relief when the Mutts called the TO to give us time to set. Again, rank & file said it was too long. Told them Butker would nail it. Frankly I had no idea he'd kick it so short. Thought he'd make it by 5-7yds easy. Heart stopped beating when we missed the XP, but still announced the D would make a play. Lots of wailing by the crowd leading up to DJ's big moment especially when they got the first down, but I still knew we had a play we'd make somehow to win. Everyone looked at me in amazement. Second time this season I predicted a come from behind victory when it looked like all was lost.

My only bad call all season was Seafood U. I was sure we were going to take them by a nose this year. In a weird sort of way I'm glad we didn't. The Orange Bowl was a blast.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Our wives were just sitting there with THAT LOOK on their faces. What can I say? They just didn't get it. What a moment.

That's one thing I never have to worry about. @YJAlleyCat and I are always on the same wavelength, when it comes to GT-fandom. (Although, to be honest, she has never thrown the remote down and bashed it to pieces when the dwags take the lead late in the game...)

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I was there setting at the 40 yard line lower level........... Amongst thousands of mutt fans..... I had no one to high five, no one to hug..... Nothing......... The best feeling ever!!!!!! The look on their faces....... I've been to 6 or 7 Tech v Georgia games this was the first we won actually had a couple shake my hand and tell me I was a good fan and good game..... One of the best days of my life!

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
This thread just brought all the raw emotions backs. I have to say, the single best football experience of my life. One of my colleagues, a big UGA fan, insisted I attend the game with him in a purely UGA section. We were on the UGA sideline in the end zone where the Kick and Pick happened, about 10 rows up. The first half had the feel of every GT/UGA game -- felt like everything was going UGA's way, or the game was closer on the score board than it felt. For the most part the UGA people around me were fine and left me alone. I had a blue fleece on covering my Tech stuff, but did have a GT hat on. I kept my mouth shut (promise I made to my wife!), didn't get too up when something went our way. We scored, clap, high-five to a Tech guy a row behind me, and back to watching/dying internally. The second half...wow. We just looked like the more dominant team. When we recovered that pooch kick, I thought that was it. I said out loud to my UGA buddy, "here it comes man, the Death March, ballgame". Then that horrendous crab leg fumble. When JT5 fumbled, I thought that was it. It, once again, felt like the classic GT/UGA game from the last 10 years. Some BS lucky break that UGA takes advantage of. After they scored, I wasn't as upset. The last ten years have numbed me well. When JT5 ran us into FG range, I won't lie, I didn't think Butker would get it, but I was proud of the team for getting us the opportunity. I had the best vantage point in the entire stadium on his kick. I was directly in line with that goal post, and as it was descending, it looked every bit 5 yards short. I started whispering "F*, short, short, short, shor.............@#$#@%@$!@#$@@#$@#%@#$" This is where I stopped being quiet and nice. Lost. My. Head. The gaggers around me were too stunned to even pay me any attention. OT: None of them thought UGA had a chance. Laskey bent 'em over and banged it in quick. The missed PAT. I will say I felt worse after the missed PAT than I did when JT5 fumbled and UGA marched it down to take the lead with 18sec left. THIS is how the GT/UGA series has gone for us. Emotional mindf* for 65 minutes, and we're going to losing by one G'D' point in OT. Seriously. Seriously? When UGA got the ball and lined up, I swear on anything you'd like me, I was leaning forward and whispering "pick it, pick it, pick it". When DJ snagged that sucker, my initial reaction was "where's the flag". I have never gone more insane in my life. Pure joy. The absolute best part was the S I L E N C E. 100,000 people all at once. The life was sucked out of that POS. Then something beautiful happened. The Tech fight song. I was there in 2008, and was in the Tech section by the band. I don't know if it's because I remember this game better, but this one felt better than 08 for some reason.

That was the sweetest 2 hour drive home from Athens ever. I wanted to hit every single traffic light on the way home.

I've watched the game over several times. Pisses my wife off (UGA grad). Long post that no one will/should read, but Go Jackets!

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
This thread just brought all the raw emotions backs. I have to say, the single best football experience of my life. One of my colleagues, a big UGA fan, insisted I attend the game with him in a purely UGA section. We were on the UGA sideline in the end zone where the Kick and Pick happened, about 10 rows up. The first half had the feel of every GT/UGA game -- felt like everything was going UGA's way, or the game was closer on the score board than it felt. For the most part the UGA people around me were fine and left me alone. I had a blue fleece on covering my Tech stuff, but did have a GT hat on. I kept my mouth shut (promise I made to my wife!), didn't get too up when something went our way. We scored, clap, high-five to a Tech guy a row behind me, and back to watching/dying internally. The second half...wow. We just looked like the more dominant team. When we recovered that pooch kick, I thought that was it. I said out loud to my UGA buddy, "here it comes man, the Death March, ballgame". Then that horrendous crab leg fumble. When JT5 fumbled, I thought that was it. It, once again, felt like the classic GT/UGA game from the last 10 years. Some BS lucky break that UGA takes advantage of. After they scored, I wasn't as upset. The last ten years have numbed me well. When JT5 ran us into FG range, I won't lie, I didn't think Butker would get it, but I was proud of the team for getting us the opportunity. I had the best vantage point in the entire stadium on his kick. I was directly in line with that goal post, and as it was descending, it looked every bit 5 yards short. I started whispering "F*, short, short, short, shor.............@#$#@%@$!@#$@@#$@#%@#$" This is where I stopped being quiet and nice. Lost. My. Head. The gaggers around me were too stunned to even pay me any attention. OT: None of them thought UGA had a chance. Laskey bent 'em over and banged it in quick. The missed PAT. I will say I felt worse after the missed PAT than I did when JT5 fumbled and UGA marched it down to take the lead with 18sec left. THIS is how the GT/UGA series has gone for us. Emotional mindf* for 65 minutes, and we're going to losing by one G'D' point in OT. Seriously. Seriously? When UGA got the ball and lined up, I swear on anything you'd like me, I was leaning forward and whispering "pick it, pick it, pick it". When DJ snagged that sucker, my initial reaction was "where's the flag". I have never gone more insane in my life. Pure joy. The absolute best part was the S I L E N C E. 100,000 people all at once. The life was sucked out of that POS. Then something beautiful happened. The Tech fight song. I was there in 2008, and was in the Tech section by the band. I don't know if it's because I remember this game better, but this one felt better than 08 for some reason.

That was the sweetest 2 hour drive home from Athens ever. I wanted to hit every single traffic light on the way home.

I've watched the game over several times. Pisses my wife off (UGA grad). Long post that no one will/should read, but Go Jackets!
Dude, I read every word of that post with a smile on my face.

SavannahBee

Georgia Tech Fan

Wonderful post! Read the whole thing with great pleasure. I was at the bowl wins over Michigan State, Nebraska (national championship year) and Notre Dame (gator bowl ) but this win beat them all! Moreso than the orange bowl win I think! The kick and the pick will live on for decades in the storied history of Ramblin Wreck football. Wish I had been there in person to see it.

If this post seems a bit off topic, I blame clear whiskey.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
This was the first GT over UGA win in the last 25 years that didn't almost cause me a divorce
I am so obnoxious when we win my lovely UGA grad wife can't stand me. I guess I'm getting old but I wasn't nearly as bad as usual even though it was one of the best days of my life.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer

I really believe this post captures the heart, soul and mind of 99% of GT fans with regards to this game and how it played out.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
I have had the feeling since that game that some sort of curse or weight or something has been lifted off our program because of what happened, where it happened, and how it happened. For 59 minutes and 55 seconds, the uga game followed the script we all know so well. Game we should have won, but let slip away to the fleabags at the end. Been a rabid fan for 50 years, and somehow things feel different now. It sure did feel different at the Orange Bowl.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
My wife and I both went nuts. This is the most satisfying victory in my 50+ years as a Tech fan. I was at the "Jasper Thanks" game, and this one beats it by light years. Did remote shots with my son, 2004 grad, and his GT buddies. What a game, and what a day, it will be with me forever. I am still smiling. Love this team!!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's one thing I never have to worry about. @YJAlleyCat and I are always on the same wavelength, when it comes to GT-fandom. (Although, to be honest, she has never thrown the remote down and bashed it to pieces when the dwags take the lead late in the game...)
Having met her, I believe that 100%.