Tech-UGA reaction video

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
I was watching with my uga brother and about 3 others who didn't care. I ran up and down the hallway, then outside, screaming "we did it" at the top of my lunges. I was jumping pretty high too. Then a few tears came out. This went on for about two minutes.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I was watching with my father-in-law at a bed-n-breakfast in Charleston. Me, my wife and her parents went for a little vacay. Everyone at the little place was talking about how they heard me screaming the next morning. I screamed when we recovered the kickoff because I just knew it was over then ... Then I screamed again on the kick ... then I just fell to my knees on the pick asking if it was really over, had we really won ... then I screamed a little more.

My wife told me later that my father-in-law was telling them about my reaction. He's a UGA grad who's pretty much converted to a GT fan. He never really had a whole lot of interest in being a football fan until my wife started dating me in college, and I was on the GT team. The rest of the trip they were all saying they'd never seen me so happy. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing, but yeah, what a freakin' game. I don't know if I'll ever get over it.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
... then I just fell to my knees on the pick asking if it was really over, had we really won ... then I screamed a little more.

LOL. I did the same thing. "Did we win? Is it over? Did we seriously just win?" I was so exhausted by that game that I admit to being a little confused after the last play.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Father went disgusted into kitchen after UGAg's last TD in regulation. I just sat down on the couch. My wife started to get the kids ready to leave Nana and Pops' house, anticipating another gloomy 5 hour ride home, per usual. When Butker made the kick, dad couldn't tell it went through. I ran from the couch to the kitchen, and literally watched OT with my arms wrapped around my dad. I won't lie, we were emotional.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
mine was a slow buildup that my 1-year old enjoyed. Mama was a little bit scared.

I just marched around stomping and rhythmically saying, "WE EFFING WON! *rest* WE EFFING WON! *rest* WE EFFING WON!"

Then I did some dance moves.

My family was in Cleveland and were watching on gamecast, and apparently my brother said, "come on...just win it one time for [name redacted]..." Another one said, "interception time." right before the Pick. Then we won.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I screamed and was yelling, I'm not sure what I was yelling because I was too excited. Then I began to jump around and sprint all around my house. After that I went to my bball game where all my teammates and coach are ugag fans. I walked in reenacting the Butker kick and White interception. It was a very sweet moment.....till we lost the game that night. I got over by re watching the game when I got home!

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
My wife and I had taken our kids to get pictures with santa.... I was watching it on my phone and was screaming when we made the kick, and was even louder as Mr. Big Play intercepted Mason. I embarrassed the hell out of my ugag wife. She was pissed, but it was totally worth it. I had to watch it again when I got home to make sure that I hadn't hit my head and dreamed the whole thing.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
mine was a slow buildup that my 1-year old enjoyed. Mama was a little bit scared.

I just marched around stomping and rhythmically saying, "WE EFFING WON! *rest* WE EFFING WON! *rest* WE EFFING WON!"

Then I did some dance moves.

My family was in Cleveland and were watching on gamecast, and apparently my brother said, "come on...just win it one time for [name redacted]..." Another one said, "interception time." right before the Pick. Then we won.
I was staring down DJ White b4 the ball was snapped. I've never seen someone that focused on making THE play. They could run that play 100 more times and the same result would occur. That's how much faith I have in our preperation.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Father went disgusted into kitchen after UGAg's last TD in regulation.

That was me. I then went into full meltdown mode, sending texts about why we must keep losing to the force of darkness, FML, etc.

Then I got an email about The Kick. I just had that feeling there was no way GT was going to lose in OT. Then the botched PAT. Then The Pick. It was all pretty surreal.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
That was me. I then went into full meltdown mode, sending texts about why we must keep losing to the force of darkness, FML, etc.

Then I got an email about The Kick. I just had that feeling there was no way GT was going to lose in OT. Then the botched PAT. Then The Pick. It was all pretty surreal.

that botched PAT....good lord, first the BS no forward progress, then thomas fumble after incredible luck on the kick recovery, then they score, then we score in OT, then the botched PAT...i thought that was it. Throughout every one of those bad moments, I looked at my brother and dad and we all kept thinking/saying "this is what its like. this is what its like being a tech fan and its so hard"

i was catatonic for the rest of the weekend. i'm still in a state of shock and i haven't brought myself to rewatch the entire game...it was too stressful.

all i know is that good finally triumphed over evil.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When that game went to overtime, I felt extremely confident. We had basically plowed the field with their defense for 30 minutes and they were DONE. Then, we missed the extra point. I went into utter dismay. Had we made the extra point, I would still have been extremely confident because, if they had tied us, we were still on a roll on offense. As it stood with our missed extra point, a TD on their part would end it, so the pressure was really amped up. I wasn't feeling real good when they converted their first down and got inside our 10. For some reason, when the final play started, I saw the interception before it happened. I saw DJ shuffling his feet and wiggling his behind, getting into the best atheltic position he could. Once the ball was snapped I could see White fighting really hard for the inside leverage. When I saw Mason reaching back his arm for the slant throw I jumped and started screaming before the ball left his hand. That is how focused I was. The guys in the room with me were like many of you, wondering if it was truly over. I kid you not, I was jumping up and down and screaming before they realized what had happened. Within moments there was a "mosh pit" of screamimg men jumping up and down for what seemed like 5 minutes. Our wives were just sitting there with THAT LOOK on their faces. What can I say? They just didn't get it. What a moment.