Tech-UGA reaction video

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There were so many huge plays, but that pick is going to be like Roddy streaking down the sideline in terms of TECH lore........."stays in-bounds....STILL INBOUNDS!.....10......5......TD GEORGIA TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

There are certain plays that I will never forget. That will be one of them.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There were so many huge plays, but that pick is going to be like Roddy streaking down the sideline in terms of TECH lore........."stays in-bounds....STILL INBOUNDS!.....10......5......TD GEORGIA TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

There are certain plays that I will never forget. That will be one of them.
The kick was more raw emotion at the time. The game should have been over when the mutts scored. 3 unlikely things had to happen just to get us to overtime: the return, the scramble and the kick. Those 3 plays took a total of 18 sec.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I just rewatched the highlights from that game. There's no way we should have won with the horrible officiating. I know it's been overstated, but it really can't be, it was that bad. The most egregious, I thought, was the no-call on forward progress. I have now changed my mind. The worst of the worst is the no call on the completely obvious hold and pull down, really an open field tackle, on Jamaal Golden on the fake field goal. Rewatch it for yourself and try to imagine any possible doubt in the mind of the official on this play. I can't.

2:29

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I just rewatched the highlights from that game. There's no way we should have won with the horrible officiating. I know it's been overstated, but it really can't be, it was that bad. The most egregious, I thought, was the no-call on forward progress. I have now changed my mind. The worst of the worst is the no call on the completely obvious hold and pull down, really an open field tackle, on Jamaal Golden on the fake field goal. Rewatch it for yourself and try to imagine any possible doubt in the mind of the official on this play. I can't.

2:29

You are right. Golden has gotten around him on the inside and the blocker, who is further down the field, has to reach back, extend his arm out and grab Golden. I think this is why I hate playing the dwags. For some reason they always seem to get mysterious calls and non-calls that go their way.

I remember two different games O'Leary lost to uga on phantom interference calls. I know Tech fans must sound whiny to other fans but I feel like I have seen a lifetime of bad calls in this series. The one time Tech got a favorable ruling on a controversial call (Jasper Sanks fumble) the State legislature wanted to have a full scale investigation and former coach Dooley wanted the refs fired.

It is hard enough to beat these guys without all this extra static.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's another reaction...
oprah-s-bees-o.gif

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
In hindsight I wish I was slightly more alert and captured a video of "The Kick". Instead I got this photo with the refs signaling the kick was good. The UGA security woman next to me went silent quickly, where just moments before she was leading the section in a "block that kick" chant while furiously waving a red pom pom.

upload_2015-1-24_15-39-11.png

Immediately after admiring the moment on my phone I ran back up to the media box two steps at a time with my laptop bag to get back on Swarm Chat. Pretty sure I lost sense of reality at that point.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
In hindsight I wish I was slightly more alert and captured a video of "The Kick". Instead I got this photo with the refs signaling the kick was good. The UGA security woman next to me went silent quickly, where just moments before she was leading the section in a "block that kick" chant while furiously waving a red pom pom.

View attachment 778

Immediately after admiring the moment on my phone I ran back up to the media box two steps at a time with my laptop bag to get back on Swarm Chat. Pretty sure I lost sense of reality at that point.

You did but so did the rest of us! :D