Tech - uga in 2025 at MB Stadium

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
I sarcastically called this into existence a few months ago.

Call me what you will but I’m on a self-imposed boycott of MBS. I’m good for BDS and an occasional away game but I’m done with MBS…

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
We NEED money. This game is still in atlanta. And im confused, the same people who are claiming are stadium is good enough will also criticize playing in a brand new stadium
This game should get more eyes with it being in the Benz. Theoretically, this would give us a chance to more Tech fans in seats, but the biggest problem i have with all of this is that it will just end up being a Georgia home game. At least this time we will Hopefully only be giving up one ”home“ game.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
We NEED money. This game is still in atlanta. And im confused, the same people who are claiming are stadium is good enough will also criticize playing in a brand new stadium
This game should get more eyes with it being in the Benz. Theoretically, this would give us a chance to more Tech fans in seats, but the biggest problem i have with all of this is that it will just end up being a Georgia home game. At least this time we will Hopefully only be giving up one ”home“ game.
So we wont NEED money after this game is done? We wont want more eyes on our games after this game is done? What is stopping them continuing this?

GTJacketClaw

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't hate the move. We need the money and Batt is doing a great job of getting us to where we need to be financially. It sucks that we wont be playing at BDS but honestly those have pretty much been home games for UGA recently anyways. This will allow for construction to get going full steam ahead (lol) earlier so BDS can be ready for the 2026 season and Tech will be taking home a big payday on top of that. Batt has proved himself successful with this program so far and I trust his decision making. I also appreciate how clear and direct he is with the fanbase which I think some people are overlooking.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

I've given, for me, a lot of money to Tech over the past 32 years in order to get seats on the 50 yard line. I'm on the 10 this weekend for the ND game. Likely the same for the Uga game next year as I would assume that most of the PSL people will buy tickets, either to keep as Uga fans or to sell. I'm perfectly fine with playing in Bobby Dodd. Our stadium is fine and getting better. Make them come to us. Don't give them 20,000 more tickets to our home game.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
So we wont NEED money after this game is done? We wont want more eyes on our games after this game is done? What is stopping them continuing this?
I mean I totally agree that it is maddening that we are this point where we are this bad with money, BUT it‘s still an up front 10 mil with a way to earn more. In the grand scheme of history, I look at it as a crappy decision that will suck for 1 year, that will hopefully set us up for a lot of future success.

This kind of reminds me when Paul Johnson decided to play I believe it was at Clempson back to back years to get us off the cycle of at Clempson and at UGA every other year.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
This game should get more eyes with it being in the Benz.
Do you mean total fans in the stands, or eyes on TVs? Because if the latter, I have never in my life thought "well I wasn't going to watch that game, but since they are playing at X stadium I've got to!!!" so I'm gonna need you to walk me through your reasoning on that one.

apatriot1776

Ramblin' Wreck
Wonder if the renovations will reduce capacity during construction. I absolutely hate it being in MBS but if the choice is $10m + revenue from 70k at MBS, or revenue from 30k at BDS instead of the normal 50k, the numbers don’t lie.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you mean total fans in the stands, or eyes on TVs? Because if the latter, I have never in my life thought "well I wasn't going to watch that game, but since they are playing at X stadium I've got to!!!" so I'm gonna need you to walk me through your reasoning on that one.
I meant eyes from just the random viewer

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I understand that money is important (particularly given the financial situation our department is in), but this is the first time our home game in the series won't be played at BDS since 1913 (when it opened). Is 10 million dollars worth scrapping 100+ years of history and giving u(sic)ga a free home game? I say absolutely not. I would've never agreed to this unless the dwags agreed to give one up too.
They have home field advantage at BDS anyway. $10M is a nice payday for moving 1 mile down the road.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
1. A history of giving season ticket holders worse seats at MBS than at Bobby Dodd.
I really do think GT fans get the shaft when it comes to seating at MBS. Batt and GT really need to work on getting GT fans priority seating with better seat location if they're going to continue games at MBS. I know it's only one game a season, but it has the potential to alienate season ticket holders who have put their time in the seating pecking order.
I have heard that we will be able to select our own seats for the COFH when we purchase them. Source is somewhat reliable, but I can't verify that. However, I do not understand how they are going to allow STHs to purchase tickets with priority while at the same time allow us to select seats and purchase. Maybe it will be tied into accounts for STHs on Ticketmaster? Maybe there will be access codes to use?

GT has used a timed system that gave access based on AT Fund status before when purchasing tickets. I don't think I have ever seen such a thing on Ticketmaster. If they use access codes, the codes will be spread on the internet faster than many GT STHs are able to buy tickets and they won't get priority access to good areas.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Its just hilarious how easy the GT fanbase is to manipulate. Any other fanbase would've made J Batt resign over even thinking about doing this
No, it takes money to be successful. We lack fan attendance at home games. BDS has been 50/50 Red vs UGA for a while. Reality sucks.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
If $10M can buy us 3 OL and 3 DL then I am all for doing it every other season. UGA fans are getting into MB just like they get into Bobby Dodd just like Clemson will have half the stadium next year. It is what it is. It's almost as if some of you don't even want to play UGA.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
All GT does is make decisions for money. That's where we are now. Embarrassing
Devil's Advocate, if our fans would shift the majority of their donation to GTAA and away from the GT Foundation we would have more than enough money. The foundation has plenty of cash and doesn't need your donation, the corporate money fills that account more than adequately.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
All you need to know is that UGA would NEVER do this no matter the $ amount. They are too proud of a program. Sucks to type that out but it is true.
They have also won 2 National Championships recently while we have had one winning season the past 5 years. That matters.