Tech - uga in 2025 at MB Stadium

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
$10 million upfront regardless of turnout is nice, but I really don't know, man. If the series resumed at BDS in 2026, I'd probably be okay with it, but my knee jerk reaction is this kind of stinks. A three year drought from hosting our biggest rival at home? Freshmen this year will only get to play Clean Old Fashion Hate once with a home crowd.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
While I am not happy about it, I will play devils advocate here and say this was a tough but necessary move.
$10M is nothing to sneeze at. In the ever-escalating arms race that is CFB, if our fans aren't willing to pony up cash like other fanbases, these are the types of measures that JB needs to take to stay competitive.
BDS is mostly red for these games anyways, makes my stomach hurt. I honestly would prefer to see MBS filled with red than BDS - less painful.
Now we get the our home games next year (clemson and VT) at BDS - I was expecting one of those 2 to be in MBS.

Overall its not ideal, but its not the end of the world. We clearly need the cash, and I am happy Batt is willing to look at multiple avenues and get creative.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
We can pi$$ and moan, or we can buy the tickets. Stop waving the white flag. Yall act like we were the majority of seat holders in our own stadium for the rivalry game. I'm excited about it personally because I've advocated for playing an entire year at MBS while BDS get a referb and that looks like what's happening. I wouldn't be surprised if the new contract with ABM through 2026 includes us playing that entire year there. And since the season tickets are going on sale this week, this gives me longer to pay and therefore I may get better seats. Ill be buying seats for the game against the mutts and will be there in my White and Gold. Why don't you join me too keep the mutts out?

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
While I am not happy about it, I will play devils advocate here and say this was a tough but necessary move.
$10M is nothing to sneeze at. In the ever-escalating arms race that is CFB, if our fans aren't willing to pony up cash like other fanbases, these are the types of measures that JB needs to take to stay competitive.
BDS is mostly red for these games anyways, makes my stomach hurt. I honestly would prefer to see MBS filled with red than BDS - less painful.
Now we get the our home games next year (clemson and VT) at BDS - I was expecting one of those 2 to be in MBS.

Overall its not ideal, but its not the end of the world. We clearly need the cash, and I am happy Batt is willing to look at multiple avenues and get creative.
As someone who was at COFH last year, it was not "mostly red". It was somewhere close to 50/50, and it felt like a Tech home game because the Tech fans were closer to the field. Having it at MBS 100% guarantees that it will be a u(sic)ga home game.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Its just hilarious how easy the GT fanbase is to manipulate. Any other fanbase would've made J Batt resign over even thinking about doing this

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
I really do think GT fans get the shaft when it comes to seating at MBS. Batt and GT really need to work on getting GT fans priority seating with better seat location if they're going to continue games at MBS. I know it's only one game a season, but it has the potential to alienate season ticket holders who have put their time in the seating pecking order.
He said in the note that is exactly what is being done. Getting priority seating for GT fans in MBS. Read it again.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck

Great. Can't wait to have my seats moved from the 50 to the 15 like for Notre Dame and be stuck with even more mouth breathers. :mad:

• Georgia will be our opponent for our annual game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
We know that some of you may be apprehensive that Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate will be played off-campus for the first time since Bobby Dodd Stadium opened in 1913. Please know that we understand that concern and know that this was not a decision that was made lightly.

As I noted earlier, embarking on the new era of college athletics requires exploring new revenue sources, as that is paramount to our goal of competing for championships at the highest level. In partnering with AMB Sports and Entertainment (AMBSE) to move Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate to Mercedes-Benz Stadium for 2025, we agreed to changes in the contract that calls for us to play one game annually at Mercedes-Benz Stadium through 2026. As part of the new agreement, AMBSE will provide us with a $10 million guarantee just to play the 2025 Georgia Tech-Georgia game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, a transformative revenue lift for Tech Athletics. In addition to the $10 million guarantee, the reworked agreement with AMBSE will provide Tech season ticket members with seating priority opportunities that they haven’t had for our previous games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

In short, while tickets for Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate will not be a part of our 2025 football season tickets packages, seats for Georgia Tech season ticket members who purchase tickets for the GT-UGA game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be assigned after MBS suite and club seat holders only. This is a significant move up in seating priority for Tech season ticket members over our previous games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium and will result in significantly more highly sought-after seats being available to Yellow Jackets fans first.

Playing Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be limited to 2025, while construction of the Fanning Center continues in and around Bobby Dodd Stadium and before the stadium renovation funded by Full Steam Ahead begins. The Georgia Tech-Georgia game will return to a renovated Bobby Dodd Stadium in 2027.

While the invaluable revenue lift and improved seating priority for Tech fans are the primary reasons why the decision was made to play Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in 2025, it will also move the Georgia Tech-Georgia rivalry onto one of the world’s biggest stages for the first time. Mercedes-Benz Stadium is one of the premier stadiums in the world – the home of Super Bowls, College Football Playoff Championship Games, the World Cup – and offers fan amenities not available at any other venue. Be on the lookout for additional details shortly.

Thank you, as always, for your support of Georgia Tech Athletics. We’ll see you on Wednesday night at O’Keefe Gym and Saturday at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Go Jackets!
I get it. We need money and this is a guaranteed way to get it. I understand the financials behind the decision and I'm glad ADJB was able to leverage his way into (hopefully) better seating for season ticket holders and making the contract all-around better for Tech. HOWEVER, why this game? Why take the one game that matters more to Tech fans than any other game on the schedule and pull it away from our home stadium to a red and black clad stadium that will be FULL of red and black clad gaggers. Sure, they make up a portion of the crowd at BDS, but last year showed that our fans were ready to take the stadium back. Now, we don't even get a chance to fill our own stadium up for THE rivalry game of the year. 2025 was our chance to show up loud and proud and have BDS rocking for our boys as we take on our hated rival. You're telling me we couldn't get Clempson or VPISU (both are slated to be home ACC games in '25) to play in there instead? Clempson probably wouldn't happen since they opened this year at MBS, but I'm sure we could have played the Techmo Bowl there no problem.

Also, don't tell me this is about the construction. We will play every other scheduled home game at BDS regardless of what's going on with the Fanning Center. Take a look at Vanderbilt or F$U! Vandy has an entire endzone seating area torn out and under massive construction, but you don't see them contracting out their rivalry game with UT to Nissan Stadium. F$U took an entire half of their bowl seating out and STILL will be playing UF at Doak this year with temporary seating. So no, the construction excuse doesn't fly here.

ADJB, you have been a breath of fresh air sorely needed in the GTAA. I thank you for your massive fundraising campaigns that have been needed for many, many years to get us back to a better competitive standing with our facilities. You've got football back on the right track. I think you've got basketball back on the right track, but I wait and see how HCDS pans out. Women's basketball is highly competitive. You have a chance to revitalize our historic baseball program back into prominence. You've gotten NIL to a place where we can outbid for a 5* prospect, THAT'S HUGE! But you missed the pulse of the fanbase here. Take any other game. Take any other rival. But not this game. Not this rival. Not in '25. Not ever. This game is played at BDS. You make ugag play at BDS. You give our boys and our fans every competitive edge you possibly can by playing at home in friendly confines.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Better than making decisions that COST us money....as they've done in the past that put us in this situation.

This. GT, under multiple previous regimes, made terrible business decisions that hampered/limited future decisions (see: coaching and AD hires) which all led to this. Batt and Cabrerra are doing a great job digging GT out of decades of terrible decisions. Guess what? We're going to have to make tough decisions like this one, BUT the bright side is GT is in a MUCH MUCH better position financially and on the field/basketball court than we have been in a LONG LONG time.

Remember the awful feeling we had when we were faced with having to hire a new coach and new AD? Did anyone imagine the turn around would be this quick or this successful? Look at all the capital projects that are going on and moving forward. Look at our recruiting in basketball and football. We've come a LONG LONG way in just 2+ years. Imagine what this athletic program will look like in another 5 years with Batt and Cabrerra at the helm.

WraleighWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
This also avoids having a large amount of dwag fans buy our season tickets just for that one game while selling/dumping the others or flat out giving them to opposing fans. The only way I see this as a negative is if tech has 9 to 10+ wins going into that game and our fan base actually caring enough to pack BDS and outnumber the mutt fans which is still most likely not happening.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Its just hilarious how easy the GT fanbase is to manipulate. Any other fanbase would've made J Batt resign over even thinking about doing this
I don't know that I'd go that far, but this certainly should erase any goodwill he's earned with the fanbase. I 100% agree that any other fanbase would crucify their AD for this as it relates to a rivalry game. If the construction plans are interfering with your ability to host a game, then CHANGE THE CONSTRUCTION PLANS. Don't give your rival a free home game!

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s just hilarious how easy the GT fanbase is to manipulate. Any other fanbase would've made J Batt resign over even thinking about doing this
I’m getting a little mixed messaging from you, you do or don’t like the move?

look at the bright side: maybe you can start a campaign to put that money to investing in gold jerseys?