Tech - uga in 2025 at MB Stadium

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
At the risk of being a debbie downer, may I suggest we retire the phrase "juice crew" from future conversations here? ;)

No. Don’t get me wrong we all love Tech. But I’m pretty squarely a Debbie until we can defeat meaningful teams, along with playing meaningful games at home. The other end are the folks that were jumping up and down and explaining progress while we were losing to the Citadel.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
No. Don’t get me wrong we all love Tech. But I’m pretty squarely a Debbie until we can defeat meaningful teams, along with playing meaningful games at home. The other end are the folks that were jumping up and down trying to see progress while we were losing to the Citadel.

Not just that "coach", but the whole athletic leadership that happened under are gone. Get a new argument. Went bowling with a tough schedule last year. Yeah Miami was a fluke, but so was losing to BG. Just swap those results and we're still bowling. With the nations 6th hardest schedule we are 1 game away from bowling at game #8. We have improved greatly.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I think that this game being moved and the stadium upgrades are clear signs for a BIG10 invite. Northwestern is redoing their classic stadium about the same time as we are. We are making heavy investments into ALL sports getting ready for something BIG.
Oboy!!! Nebraska in November is hopping, I hear.

Richland County

Jolly Good Fellow
$$$$$ is driving the bus. NIL is real. ugag had to bow to a donor recently to help make payroll. 18 yr old dt's are asking 400k a year to sign with a school. Josh Petty wasn't cheap. The way things were are no longer 360 degrees. We can adjust or get left behind. I am not a fan but the system doesn't care about my feelings.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I was just laughing at how a selling point of this is that Tech fans have "first dibs on tickets" 🤣

Oh wow, something that should be and always has been in our Season Tickets we now just get "first dibs" at!!? Truly Amazing stuff

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I was just laughing at how a selling point of this is that Tech fans have "first dibs on tickets" 🤣

Oh wow, something that should be and always has been in our Season Tickets we now just get "first dibs" at!!? Truly Amazing stuff
And yet, amazingly, there’s routinely more red at BDS than there is white and gold. If Tech fans want the game at BDS, then they should buy tickets to the game. And also the ones that DO have season tickets should stop selling their COFH seats to Georgia fans.

MBS holds roughly 70k. I’d much rather have 30k Tech fans and 40k mutts there compared to 25k Tech fans at BDS and 30k mutts. Our own stadium filled with more red and black than our colors is a horrendous look. Especially since we haven’t won at home since the last millennium.

Last edited:

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
No. I am claiming that 55 degrees and sunny is better that 25 degrees and snowy.

Attendance ain’t everything, my man.
When I plan away games, I usually look for venues and traditions that are interesting. I live in Georgia, but have travelled for work to places that are cold. When I go to away games, I would rather temporarily be in a cold place and see something interesting than be in a chilly place and see something mediocre. It was cold at the ND game in 2021. GT played horribly. It was still a good trip. Pretty campus, and an excellent presentation at the game. The trip was worth it to me. I have never been to a game at WF. No real desire to go. In a couple of years, I plan to attend every home and every away game. If WF is an away opponent that year, then I will. Otherwise, I probably won't.

Techastrophe

Jolly Good Fellow
Am I reading this correctly… this game won’t be included in our season tickets??!

In short, while tickets for Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate will not be a part of our 2025 football season tickets packages, seats for Georgia Tech season ticket members who purchase tickets for the GT-UGA game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be assigned after MBS suite and club seat holders only.
Where do you think the $10M is coming from?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
When I plan away games, I usually look for venues and traditions that are interesting. I live in Georgia, but have travelled for work to places that are cold. When I go to away games, I would rather temporarily be in a cold place and see something interesting than be in a chilly place and see something mediocre. It was cold at the ND game in 2021. GT played horribly. It was still a good trip. Pretty campus, and an excellent presentation at the game. The trip was worth it to me. I have never been to a game at WF. No real desire to go. In a couple of years, I plan to attend every home and every away game. If WF is an away opponent that year, then I will. Otherwise, I probably won't.
Wake has a pretty campus. It’s smaller and a lot like GT, being in Winston. I’ve never caught a game there, but I’ve been to campus. I’d catch a game there if the opportunity arose.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Wake has a pretty campus. It’s smaller and a lot like GT, being in Winston. I’ve never caught a game there, but I’ve been to campus. I’d catch a game there if the opportunity arose.
You kind of proved my point. You live there, but didn't even go to the GT game there last year? Seems to fit the definition of a non-destination stadium.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
You kind of proved my point. You live there, but didn't even go to the GT game there last year? Seems to fit the definition of a non-destination stadium.
I don’t live there. I’ve visited a friend there, not on a game day, but never made it to a game. I’ve never done a game in Athens. I lived in Columbia for 7 years but never went to a game at Willy Brice, lived in Florida but never went to the Swamp, Doak, or Hard Rock. Actually, I did catch a Marlins game there once. I lived in Huntsville, and visited Tuscalooser, but never a game there. Not sure what all that was about, but it made me feel better.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm not sure the point of spending half a billion dollars to renovate Bobby Dodd if none of the marquee games are played at Bobby Dodd.
I wonder if anyone reads all of the announcements. A half a billion dollars is not being spent solely on Bobby Dodd. I'm not going to go into the details where else the funds are being spent, for those who don't know. Take the time and go look it up. That way you will not come across as being ignorant. (This is not specifically at you apatriot1776)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I don't think many realize that the higher ticket prices in our renovated stadium will significantly reduce the revenue gap between playing in MBS vs BDS, greatly reducing the incentive to play in MBS. We just need to win big during the next 2 seasons to ensure we can fill the seats in the renovated stadium at the higher prices.
You know that you can guarantee that the season ticket prices will be increasing when the renovation including the seats is complete.