Tech - uga in 2025 at MB Stadium

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if anyone reads all of the announcements. A half a billion dollars is not being spent solely on Bobby Dodd. I'm not going to go into the details where else the funds are being spent, for those who don't know. Take the time and go look it up. That way you will not come across as being ignorant. (This is not specifically at you apatriot1776)
Factual.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if anyone reads all of the announcements. A half a billion dollars is not being spent solely on Bobby Dodd. I'm not going to go into the details where else the funds are being spent, for those who don't know. Take the time and go look it up. That way you will not come across as being ignorant. (This is not specifically at you apatriot1776)
It doesn't really change the point. Why are we spending a significant amount renovating a stadium that we can't afford to play big games in anyways?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
It doesn't really change the point. Why are we spending a significant amount renovating a stadium that we can't afford to play big games in anyways?
So we can?

The stadium needs updating and honestly as much as it pains me to say this game is likely going to become harder and harder to keep as a home and home as re-alignment starts to take shape. The skipping of it in the covid year was the start of this. My unfortunate prediction si that by 2030 we likely won't have this game after thanksgiving. It will either become an opening classic in the benz every year. Or it won't be a game due to a SEC big 10 Scheduling agreement.
Unless we end up in the big 10 and it can become a part of that game though i estimate the SEC-BIG10 football challenge would still likely be in September.

You can bet this game is also on the potential chopping block should the SEC have to go to 9 games. You will see us alternating for that game slot with Clemson.