TECH OFFENSE

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Sooooooo – who is this mystery man? Looking at our commit list above, I don't see any 5 star players. Our most recent recruit is a mid-3 star.

Transfer from UF who was a 5* recruited to UF by none other than CGC when he was the DC there just before he left for Temple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
After scrolling on Temple’s messages boards some of their crying was highly delusional. As a new coach getting his barring what Collins did was impressive. My only issue is that the offense he brought did not match the QB’s talent at Temple.

The QBs they had on the roster when Collins took over had no real experience and none were very good. Yet they still found a way to turn things up in the second half of the season (BTW I’m not saying you were being critical so I apologize if I am sounding that way). And then when one guy finally starting getting it in the second year they had a pretty good season.

My cousin went to Temple (just graduated) and is a huge sports fan of Temple sports and his take was that Collins still has something to prove but that he felt optimistic that he would get them back to where they were headed under Matt Rhule. He was disappointed when Collins left but understood. He and other Temple fans were far more pissed off at Diaz for what he did.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
The QBs they had on the roster when Collins took over had no real experience and none were very good. Yet they still found a way to turn things up in the second half of the season (BTW I’m not saying you were being critical so I apologize if I am sounding that way). And then when one guy finally starting getting it in the second year they had a pretty good season.

My cousin went to Temple (just graduated) and is a huge sports fan of Temple sports and his take was that Collins still has something to prove but that he felt optimistic that he would get them back to where they were headed under Matt Rhule. He was disappointed when Collins left but understood. He and other Temple fans were far more pissed off at Diaz for what he did.

It took Matt Rhule 2 seasons before his back to back 10 win seasons were mediocre and trash.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Transfer from UF who was a 5* recruited to UF by none other than CGC when he was the DC there just before he left for Temple.

I assumed, given his career to date, that nobody was referring to this young man. True, he may turn out to be really good for Tech. Oth, his performance so far does not guarantee that. I don't see his transfer to Tech as that big a deal. But that'll be up to him.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I assumed, given his career to date, that nobody was referring to this young man. True, he may turn out to be really good for Tech. Oth, his performance so far does not guarantee that. I don't see his transfer to Tech as that big a deal. But that'll be up to him.

High School performance doesn't guarantee success at the next level for any player. However, this guy has the measurables to help us at a position of need. For that reason, I DO see it as "that big of a deal." I'm guessing he feels like he has something to prove, but you are correct that it is up to him.

I also see it as a big deal because of watching posts on here for the last 11 years saying we can't recruit top players (like 5 stars) because of academics. The subpar recruiting of the past several years is the result of poor administrative decisions more so than academics.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

I might agree completely with you if Geoff Collins hadn’t been the guy who recruited him to Florida in the first place. Clearly he still sees potential in the young man. If you go back and look at his evaluations he was very raw but athletic as can be. Perhaps he’s still that raw but with a couple of years in a good S&C program so he may be stronger and more mature.

The idea is that he may still be freakishly athletic and full of potential and that makes him more than just another guy from a “potential” perspective.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
I might agree completely with you if Geoff Collins hadn’t been the guy who recruited him to Florida in the first place. Clearly he still sees potential in the young man. If you go back and look at his evaluations he was very raw but athletic as can be. Perhaps he’s still that raw but with a couple of years in a good S&C program so he may be stronger and more mature.

The idea is that he may still be freakishly athletic and full of potential and that makes him more than just another guy from a “potential” perspective.

If CPJ was still here and we got this transfer we wouldn't be seeing these stupid comments.

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
You guys can **** up a thread. This post started out about the new era , new offense, new beginings , fresh start. Start a new thread called ( let's keep bringing up the same old bull**** ) and have at it. We just started off this recruiting year with a bang, lots of great stuff going on to be excited about. The team is excited and pumped up, the fan base is getting energized again, publicity in the media like I have not seen in a long time. Quit ****ting on it.

Cnkraider

Jolly Good Fellow
Can are place be loud when we go to it? it be exciting. Can we make it tough to play at Bobby Dodd again? Can we make tech great again?