TECH OFFENSE

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
More than none? I wouldn't overthink it. NFL style just means our players will be able to do things that translate to the next level; O-linemen learning to pass block, WR's learning to run routes, QB's learning to read a defense from the pocket. Whatever an NFL style offense is, passing it 5-10 times a game ain't it.
And yet there are plenty of schools that run O's like you describe with less NFL players than GT. I think there's more in play than simply the scheme. When we've recruited better players, they've made the league. Even at positions that we were not supposed to: wr, OL.

Imo, the whole "NFL style O" tag line is a marketing/recruiting slogan more than anything. Our O will certainly be more "college style" than "nfl style", that you can be sure.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
And yet there are plenty of schools that run O's like you describe with less NFL players than GT. I think there's more in play than simply the scheme. When we've recruited better players, they've made the league. Even at positions that we were not supposed to: wr, OL.

Imo, the whole "NFL style O" tag line is a marketing/recruiting slogan more than anything. Our O will certainly be more "college style" than "nfl style", that you can be sure.

There is certainly a big marketing and recruiting aspect to it, no doubt. Any offense that allows skill players to show off their skills and put up stats that get them noticed will be hard to stigmatize in recruiting, regardless of whether any pro teams run it. I do think we will adapt to our personnel. We may see a true "pro-style" at some point in CGC's tenure, depending on the players we recruit, but that's years away.

Of course, with NFL teams hiring guys like Kingsbury, the lines between pro-style and college style offenses are probably going to continue to blur somewhat, anyway.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
ffa188b970c50c3cbfe61067e141d00e.jpg

Just gonna leave this here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Block, get off blocks, tackle, break tackles, run, throw and catch. Football is football. If our guys can do these 7 things better than the other guys, good things happen!
C’mon man, you’re just being difficult now. You know exactly what the point is, CGC said it pretty clearly when he started. We will show the players the blocking techniques, route trees, etc that the NFL uses and call plays to let them use them in games. We will let linemen use a two point stance sometimes for pass pro, we will use a shotgun and throw to the TE. Yes football is football but we have been teaching our guys to do a lot of it differently than everybody else.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Spread or not, I hope to see this team be a power run oriented offense next season. I don’t think the line is built for an offense that will be passing all over the place.