TECH OFFENSE

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Back more towards the topic. I think Graham wins the spot. Why?
Electric runner with a cannon arm, his talent maybe to hard to resist.

Nope. He was signed by the staff that couldn’t recruit. :ROFLMAO:

I tried to stay out of the fray but the last regime haters keep pulling me back in.

It will be interesting to see what transpires at QB and several other positions. The 3O / CPJ y’all will be with us for at least the next two years minimum it seems regardless of what transpires....Mostly generated by the CPJ/3O haters.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Because we keep getting “we turning this program around” shoved up our keisters 24/7. Sounds like they’re calling all the current players crap to me. Well they ain’t crap!

This is marketing and it has a purpose. I suggest ignoring it if it bothers you. The hardcore CPJ haters are a minority. Most of us recognize that he had strengths and weaknesses. It is okay to want to improve in tbe areas where he struggled. Doesn't mean we hate everything he did, by any means.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Back more towards the topic. I think Graham wins the spot. Why?
Electric runner with a cannon arm, his talent maybe to hard to resist.

Cannon doesn’t matter if the ball isn’t catchable and thrown to the correct receiver.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Guys, I’m as big a CPJ fan as anyone but at this point whatever language it takes to get a high end recruit to sign to GT is absolutely fine by me. Please remember that only two things really matter - 1) The recruits signature on signing day, 2) the Final Score of each game. That’s it.

The rest is just “process” that gets to 1 above (slogans/hats/billboards/diving board back flips/etc). The players any team gets at 1 leads to 2. Whether 2 is deemed a success depends on 1.

Collins understands the “process” is just a show to get 16-19 year olds to pick your model over another showman’s model. I wish college athletics hadn’t become this but we are here and we have a ringmaster who gets it and likes doing it. I never could. So as much as my gut hurt when I heard CPJ retired, I want Collins to do whatever it takes within the rules to get players to sign because in the end all that matters is the Final Score 12-15 times per year.

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/w20Ih0aIl1">pic.twitter.com/w20Ih0aIl1</a> <br>We all Gas no Breaks. No Football <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/404theCULTURE?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#404theCULTURE</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RIPNipsey?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#RIPNipsey</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TogetherWeSwarm?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#TogetherWeSwarm</a> </p>&mdash; Coach Choice (@coachchoice) <a href="">April 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Coach choice making it fun, coaching them up

Animal02

Banned
This is going to be the true test for this coaching staff. With the promise of early playing time, they can sell the program and school to top level kids. Once we have the top flight kids filling the 1's, are we going to be able to bring in the same level of kids to be backups initially or red-shirt initially? That is something only time will tell. Historically, this has been an issue with most of our highly successful recruiting coaches. What gives me optimism that this staff can do that is the whole "above the line" concept. If you're good enough to play, you're going to play. If you're not there yet, you're going to get practice and reps to get above the line. This is different than having to beat out the guy in front of you; it's more like you and the two guys next to you are going to share time so that you're both fresh and able to dominate as the game wears on. Just my thoughts.
The inverse is....if you are a real competitor......you do not want to share playing time......you want to be out there all the time. It is difficult to balance.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Don’t understand the all or nothing nature of so many CPJ-related posts. I was absolutely on board with the CPJ hire and followed the team far more closely during his tenure than during Chan’s, but I also knew it was time for PJ to move on, and I love the excitement CGC has brought to the program. Gonna be some interesting times coming up, I think.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Good RPO 'Gun QBs have to make a near-instant decision on whether to handoff or pass and then (the good ones) have to roll thru their progression of WRs to find an open one if "X" is covered.

You are literally the Skeptic though so I expect you to tap the brakes a bit here. :p
Ah, now hold on a minute. That is suspiciously like one of those "false equivalency" things so popularized the last couple of years. When you see 6-4, 230-pound clodhoppers running the shotgun "option" it tells you all you need to know, when from under center the QB has .8 of a second or less for the first read. That offense is to "instant" as say instant oatmeal would be: it is all in the advertising. (Temple had one of those guys last season, or at least from the two games I watched on YouTube. Hard to watch.) It is really one "option" decision and from there just a typical route tree progression downfield. But I confess, if it is not clear, that I am not a fan of the offense and yep, I know Clemson won two NCs with it. It is the Doctor Fell syndrome to me: I just don't like it.

DieselTeeth

Jolly Good Fellow
Ah, now hold on a minute. That is suspiciously like one of those "false equivalency" things so popularized the last couple of years. When you see 6-4, 230-pound clodhoppers running the shotgun "option" it tells you all you need to know, when from under center the QB has .8 of a second or less for the first read. That offense is to "instant" as say instant oatmeal would be: it is all in the advertising. (Temple had one of those guys last season, or at least from the two games I watched on YouTube. Hard to watch.) It is really one "option" decision and from there just a typical route tree progression downfield. But I confess, if it is not clear, that I am not a fan of the offense and yep, I know Clemson won two NCs with it. It is the Doctor Fell syndrome to me: I just don't like it.
What do you prefer in offense for college?? What would bring the most success and easier to recruit to?