Tech fans looking forward to the future- Ga fans beware!!!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
This will be true as long as we keep reinforcing our own negative thinking. In my lifetime it was said GT would never have any Af/Am S/As because of, guess what, academics.

We all remember very recently having M Johnson and D Morgan on the D line.

We have trouble recruiting DL for entirely different reasons now.

We can choose to do better, or not.
I believe I am right in saying so that since those guys played the ncaa has made recruiting more difficult for us by way of making progress toward the degree. This hurts Tech more than 90% of other teams! That % is my guess!

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
He might have been put on his back that game, but for the most part he played really well. That's why we were so successful up the middle in that game imo.
3:28 to go in the 1st quarter of the VPi game. Only reason he was in the game, is CPJ pulled Will after his 2nd false start in 3 minutes.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This will be true as long as we keep reinforcing our own negative thinking. In my lifetime it was said GT would never have any Af/Am S/As because of, guess what, academics.

We all remember very recently having M Johnson and D Morgan on the D line.

We have trouble recruiting DL for entirely different reasons now.

We can choose to do better, or not.
What would you say our reasoning for not recruiting better on the DL is? You say we can choose to do better, or not? Do you really think the staff isn't trying to recruit the best they can on the DL? Im pretty sure they are choosing to do the best they can.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I was talking more about his Pass Pro, which, some posters believe is good enough to get him a spot on an NFL roster.
Oh, ok I see what you are saying. I think he would definitely have some work to do with that. Drop back is different in pass pro from OT and OG and he would probably play OT in the pros, if he were to make it.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We have a chance to be a really good team this season. A lot rides on the QB and how well he plays. Jordan has the ability to be a good QB and execute our offense well. I am concerned about his health and fear he may not be ready for game one. Of the other guys, I think they all have ability and will, with experience, turn out to be good QB's. From what I saw in the Spring game, I would rank them Jones, Johnson and Marshall but that is a very small sample to choose from. I think if Jordan rehabs well and can get back in fairly early he will most likely be our QB, if not Coach has to pick one of the other 3 and ride that horse. I think that will lead to some ups and downs early in the season as the new QB gains some experience. Hopefully we can weather the early schedule and get into a good groove by the mid point of the year and again close strong. There is a lot of talent on this team and with some good luck we can win 10 or more games but a lot of them are going to be nail biters.

Go Jackets!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
We have a chance to be a really good team this season. A lot rides on the QB and how well he plays. Jordan has the ability to be a good QB and execute our offense well. I am concerned about his health and fear he may not be ready for game one. Of the other guys, I think they all have ability and will, with experience, turn out to be good QB's. From what I saw in the Spring game, I would rank them Jones, Johnson and Marshall but that is a very small sample to choose from. I think if Jordan rehabs well and can get back in fairly early he will most likely be our QB, if not Coach has to pick one of the other 3 and ride that horse. I think that will lead to some ups and downs early in the season as the new QB gains some experience. Hopefully we can weather the early schedule and get into a good groove by the mid point of the year and again close strong. There is a lot of talent on this team and with some good luck we can win 10 or more games but a lot of them are going to be nail biters.

Go Jackets!
Thanks for your well thought out reply!!!