Tech fans looking forward to the future- Ga fans beware!!!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
You Tech fans back some day after that great 2014 season; I made a post about the year 2015 would be a very good rebuilding year! Well I won't go into the whys of that prediction, but I will say now that I was partly right! And that is because; as we all know that 2015 season went bad was because of all the injuries!! That part was unbelievable!! I predicted a win season of 8 to 10 wins, and then the 2016 season was going to be great. This was predicted because of some very good recruiting. So! I am now saying that 2016 season IS the great REBUILDING year that I was looking for in 2015!!! The 2016 season such a year is because of the recruiting years that I was mentioning. Now there is the experienced young players which has added QUALITY and DEPTH!!!!!!! We are in a new football order!! To think now of the numbers and quality of the skill positions!! QB depth; though still young, is unbelievable for most any team! Same for BB, and Mills could be someone very special. The the AB: depth and QUALITY!! WR just wow!! Now the OL has some question marks, but quality and exp is there. Its just injuries that is a worry! I say pretty much the same for each position on the defense! I think the kickers will be ok. And the return team. As for CPJ I KNOW he is just right for a college like Tech!! If the OL stays in pretty good health I say 10-12 wins!!!!!

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
You Tech fans back some day after that great 2014 season; I made a post about the year 2015 would be a very good rebuilding year! Well I won't go into the whys of that prediction, but I will say now that I was partly right! And that is because; as we all know that 2015 season went bad was because of all the injuries!! That part was unbelievable!! I predicted a win season of 8 to 10 wins, and then the 2016 season was going to be great. This was predicted because of some very good recruiting. So! I am now saying that 2016 season IS the great REBUILDING year that I was looking for in 2015!!! The 2016 season such a year is because of the recruiting years that I was mentioning. Now there is the experienced young players which has added QUALITY and DEPTH!!!!!!! We are in a new football order!! To think now of the numbers and quality of the skill positions!! QB depth; though still young, is unbelievable for most any team! Same for BB, and Mills could be someone very special. The the AB: depth and QUALITY!! WR just wow!! Now the OL has some question marks, but quality and exp is there. Its just injuries that is a worry! I say pretty much the same for each position on the defense! I think the kickers will be ok. And the return team. As for CPJ I KNOW he is just right for a college like Tech!! If the OL stays in pretty good health I say 10-12 wins!!!!!
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Our OL never stays in good health. The dirty secret is our O seems harder on our OL than on opponent DL. Plus, we always have OL leaving early.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Our OL never stays in good health. The dirty secret is our O seems harder on our OL than on opponent DL. Plus, we always have OL leaving early.
Thanks for the reply! Yes the OL is always a ? mark. This year I believe first line + the next 2 guys are of NO ? mark. It is JUST the next guys we are not sure about for ONLY this year. But there again maybe as last year we will some true FR coming throu for us!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the reply! Yes the OL is always a ? mark. This year I believe first line + the next 2 guys are of NO ? mark. It is JUST the next guys we are not sure about for ONLY this year. But there again maybe as last year we will some true FR coming throu for us!

With the early departure of Klock and Fromayen, we're hurting at Tackle, imo, especially with Lee not having a great Spring.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
GT don't rebuild we reload lol

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
With the early departure of Klock and Fromayen, we're hurting at Tackle, imo, especially with Lee not having a great Spring.
Agree, one good thing though is we have only seen a small sample size and the O has done well throughout the spring. Remember in the spring of 2015 CPJ said the OL was struggling, we haven't heard that this year so far.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Or a freshman, we have some good ones coming in. I wouldn't be surprised to see the last OL that committed get playing time if he learns the playbook. I think he's from Cali.
In order to build good depth on the OL we need to get where we can redshirt any offensive lineman their 1 st year. And it would help if they didn't graduate in only 4 years. :)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
In order to build good depth on the OL we need to get where we can redshirt any offensive lineman their 1 st year. And it would help if they didn't graduate in only 4 years. :)

We have RS most guys. That's not the problem and neither is graduating. We've had a lot of guys just leave early.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

A reasonable assumption given our recruiting success in finding players that "fit" our system and are prepared academically. I will offer one caveat: championship teams are built on solid, if not spectacular, defenses. I see progress in rebuilding our defense but it is most definitely not championship quality just yet. Sure, we can move the ball and score, sometimes in bunches and often with big plays but there are always times when teams such as Miami, UGA, Virginia Tech, and others will absolutely stuff our running game. It has happened before, remember 2011 when we won what was it? Four or five in a row with video game scores, we played Virginia (I think, may be wrong) and they just whipped us. The defense went from barely acceptable to terrible for two years. I am encouraged and excited about this year but also mindful of other years when injuries and defensive lapses ruined promising seasons. We will see.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
We have RS most guys. That's not the problem and neither is graduating. We've had a lot of guys just leave early.
I could be wrong but if the starting offensive line is - Andrew Marshall true SR, Jahaziel Lee true So, Kenny Cooper true So, Will Bryan true Jr, and Parker Braun true So none of these redshirted. If we had had true depth it would have been nice to redshirt them in their freshman year. I understand Will and Parker didn't need to redshirt both were too good to sit out. We have 4 offensive lineman coming in ( not sure if someone else may move to OL ) but it would but nice to redshirt all of them but I'm thinking one or two may have to play this year. The backups I see are the Morgan twins and Jake Stickler ( which we need at OT ) . If I missed someone please let me know.