Tech Defense

Techster

Helluva Engineer
BS. So you’re saying if you’ve got good players then you can have a good defense even if you have an offense that is robbing practice reps from the defense? Army doesn’t have Bama’s players.

LOL...OK, so Curry and Carpenter are lying? Like I said, I'm going to take the word of players who are actually going through it over some dude on a messageboard.

WAIT...aren't you the one that likes the shout the loudest about "Flex option is so practice intensive and needs so many reps to perfect that working on something else would hurt it!" So you're saying that only applies to Flex Option and not the other side of the ball?! Again, let's use some common sense.

BTW, read up on Army's former DC that went to UNC and you'll figure out why they were so good. If there's a "CPJ of defense", he'd be one of them. Also, Army isn't playing 'Bama's schedule either.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Army was number 10 in scoring defense last year. They were number 11 in yards allowed. Didn’t they practice against the option in spring? Let’s use some common sense.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Army was number 10 in scoring defense last year. They were number 11 in yards allowed. Didn’t they practice against the option in spring? Let’s use some common sense.

Defensive FEI in 2018:

Navy was 122
New Mexico was 97
Georgia Tech 111
GA Southern was better at 59

What do they all have in common? Option heavy offenses.

Maybe they should have all learned from Army's DC?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Well now we have the perfect experiment. No more option. Tons of defensive practice reps. Let’s see what the defense does. If yours and the players theory is true then they should be head and shoulders better than last year.

“But, but, but....”

But what?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Defensive FEI in 2018:

Navy was 122
New Mexico was 97
Georgia Tech 111
GA Southern was better at 59

What do they all have in common? Option heavy offenses.

Maybe they should have all learned from Army's DC?
Lesser athletes and lesser coaching typically yield lesser results. Schemes, especially the scheme of the side of the ball that’s not even being measured, not so much.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well now we have the perfect experiment. No more option. Tons of defensive practice reps. Let’s see what the defense does. If yours and the players theory is true then they should be head and shoulders better than last year.

“But, but, but....”

But what?

You're the only one saying "but but but". You sure seem to not address your contradictions on reps for offense and not for defense...but hey, that's your MO.

If our defense doesn't improve, then CGC and our defensive coaches flat out suck. Then again, if we can't improve from DFEI of 111, then lord help TStan and his hire.

The bigger experiment is seeing how Army's defense will do after losing their vaunted DC to UNC.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
You're the only one saying "but but but". You sure seem to not address your contradictions on reps for offense and not for defense...but hey, that's your MO.

If our defense doesn't improve, then CGC and our defensive coaches flat out suck. Then again, if we can't improve from DFEI of 111, then lord help TStan and his hire.

The bigger experiment is seeing how Army's defense will do after losing their vaunted DC to UNC.

Outside of Michigan, Army once again plays one of the softest schedules in college football. I'm sure the D rankings will reflect that.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Answer me one question, did Army’s defense practice against army’s offense in the spring or not?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Answer me one question, did Army’s defense practice against army’s offense in the spring or not?

Doesn't matter what I answer, you're going to make up some excuse. I've never seen someone who has nothing to do with the football team refute so much evidence that comes from people who actually are involved on the team. I mean, it's just not this topic, it's multiple topics over the years. It's almost comical at this point.

Anyhow, enjoy your ignorance. I'm going to enjoy my Angel's Envy.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't matter what I answer, you're going to make up some excuse. I've never seen someone who has nothing to do with the football team refute so much evidence that comes from people who actually are involved on the team. I mean, it's just not this topic, it's multiple topics over the years. It's almost comical at this point.

Anyhow, enjoy your ignorance. I'm going to enjoy my Angel's Envy.
Exactly what I thought. The answer is simple: yes.

Milwaukee

Banned

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Exactly what I thought. The answer is simple: yes.

SO WHAT?! You're trying to make a hard rule out of one outlier. An outlier, btw, that's moving on to UNC.

Here's something irrefutable: CPJ went through 4 DCs, and all of them had mediocre to horrible defenses. What was the common denominator that our defenses had to practice against in those 10 years of spring and fall camps?

I want to give you some sort of respect, but @Milwaukee just might be on to something: You must be trolling at this point because no one can be as ignorant to the proof that's been put on the table like you.

Holy crap, and I'm totally the sucker now...damn you internet...:banghead::banghead::banghead: sucked me into another time wasting argument...

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Who knows, and don’t care.

Has nothing to do with our more often than not bad D for the last 10 years.

Was told the other day that we lead the nation last year in having our opponents score on their first O series of the game. Have no idea if that was true, but would not be shocked.

But that is, like the previous coach, now gone.

Last edited: