TD Roof to Transfer

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
No surprise. Will be surprised if he is the only one to transfer over Roof leaving as DC.

You have not been paying attention much this year then huh? Widely known and well established that CTR lost the locker room early in the season. Also something of note is that it is looking like Woody will be the next DC, and that CTR literally did most of the leg work for him recruiting wise as this roster has guys that fit his scheme perfectly.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
You have not been paying attention much this year then huh? Widely known and well established that CTR lost the locker room early in the season. Also something of note is that it is looking like Woody will be the next DC, and that CTR literally did most of the leg work for him recruiting wise as this roster has guys that fit his scheme perfectly.
"I quite agree with you. And the moral of that is: Be what you would seem to be, or if you'd like it put more simply: Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Must have really liked what he saw in IU. I thought he may have gone down a level to play next year, continue to get bigger/stronger and more playing reps maybe (JMU) or JUCO route, and open things back up for recruiting at the end of the year and see what was available. Now the real question is will the Swillings hang around or are they shopping their options now as well?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think he played well his first year, and his dad knew how to use him, but he's not irreplaceable.

LB is one of the deepest positions, especially ILB.

Victor Alexander, Brant Mitchell, Tre' Jackson, Bruce Jordan-Swilling, Jaquan Henderson, Tyler Cooksey, David Curry, Jakob Brashear, Justice Dingle, Quez Jackson.
Depth and quality depth are not equivalent.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Anybody who was on the fire Roof train should not beotch about this, it’s all part and parcel. Maybe we’re not done seeing more ripples, too.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When Roof and pelton came we had quite a few d l exits = hurt for several years

Guess they were insufficiently good that they could be corrected. Lots of folks commented that a good cleansing was needed.

Improvement was clearly not immediate but last year it seemed better.

Are we expecting lots of waves from Woody? TD is one ripple.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Hard to know all that motivated his decision, but good luck to TD, and I'm sad that things didn't quite work out. I, too, was impressed with his limited play here.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Hard to know all that motivated his decision, but good luck to TD, and I'm sad that things didn't quite work out. I, too, was impressed with his limited play here.
Sure we do, his daddy showed up for work one day and all his personal stuff was in a cardboard box waiting for him.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Im looking through TD’s eyes not mine. If you think it was all Ted’s idea to leave, well...
I guess...but it's business man. People get let go from jobs in the real world all the time...can't take this sort of thing personally or else you can make all sorts of decisions for the wrong reasons. Now he's going to have to sit out a year to go play at Indiana...and get an education from Indiana. No offense to IU, I'm sure it's a good school, but it's not exactly the same as Georgia Tech.

With regards to Ted's departure, I'm sure it was not all his idea to leave, but at the same time he didn't exactly stick around and request his buyout either.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Weird destination. Figured he'd follow his dad. That said, IU is another team I follow because it's my mom's alma mater. Good school and they're improving in football. Worse places to end up.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess...but it's business man. People get let go from jobs in the real world all the time...can't take this sort of thing personally or else you can make all sorts of decisions for the wrong reasons. Now he's going to have to sit out a year to go play at Indiana...and get an education from Indiana. No offense to IU, I'm sure it's a good school, but it's not exactly the same as Georgia Tech.

With regards to Ted's departure, I'm sure it was not all his idea to leave, but at the same time he didn't exactly stick around and request his buyout either.

Come on man, this is his father not just some friend or girlfriend. By definition that makes it personal. Plus, GT fans on social media platforms have written some pretty classless statements about CTR and I'm sure they have read them.

Good luck to him and I hope he becomes an All-American linebacker!