TD Roof to Transfer

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
Indiana in the B16 is comparable to GT in the ACC, certainly in academic terms, but also in terms of football talent.
I live not far from there, pay some attention to their program, and have gone to several of their games recently. When I read that TDR was transferring there, it made sense to me.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Them too. Gen X'ers. Missing anyone???
How about people born in the 1920s? What did they ever accomplish or get done? There was that WWII thing, putting a man on the moon, putting up with my generation, etc. But other than that...... what?

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Every generation after the point at which we started to form the consensus that developing self-sufficiency and autonomy in children were equivalent to child abuse.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Come on man, this is his father not just some friend or girlfriend. By definition that makes it personal. Plus, GT fans on social media platforms have written some pretty classless statements about CTR and I'm sure they have read them.

Good luck to him and I hope he becomes an All-American linebacker!
Sure I hope he does too. But I still stand by my statement. If it’s going to be personal no mater what then an athlete probably shouldn’t commit to where their dad is a coach. I have no idea what the coordinator turnover rate is in the NCAA, but I’d be willing to bet there’s a very high chance that four to five years after you commit, your dad won’t be coaching at whatever school you chose. So whether it’s short sighted now or short sighted when you sign, I think choosing a school just because your dad is the coach is not a great reason to do so. There were plenty of other reasons for TD to choose Tech...great academics, close to home, dad’s Alma Mater, etc. Either way, IIWII...I have no hard feelings for the kid and I don’t know what he’s been going through...it’s very possible (maybe even probable) that’d I’d do the same if I were in his exact situation. Maybe he just doesn’t like the situation and wants out. Whatever the reason I wish him luck.

Sure I hope he does too. But I still stand by my statement. If it’s going to be personal no mater what then an athlete probably shouldn’t commit to where their dad is a coach. I have no idea what the coordinator turnover rate is in the NCAA, but I’d be willing to bet there’s a very high chance that four to five years after you commit, your dad won’t be coaching at whatever school you chose. So whether it’s short sighted now or short sighted when you sign, I think choosing a school just because your dad is the coach is not a great reason to do so. There were plenty of other reasons for TD to choose Tech...great academics, close to home, dad’s Alma Mater, etc. Either way, IIWII...I have no hard feelings for the kid and I don’t know what he’s been going through...it’s very possible (maybe even probable) that’d I’d do the same if I were in his exact situation. Maybe he just doesn’t like the situation and wants out. Whatever the reason I wish him luck.
Everybody assumed that Bobby Dodd's son would come to Tech. But he didn't, and he and his dad were probably both better off because of it.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
I had hoped to watch you for 4 years like I had watched your dad. I remember listening to the Tenn game when your dad had a gazillion tackles and I enjoyed your first sack. I have great respect for both of you and wish you both great success.

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
Indiana in the B16 is comparable to GT in the ACC, certainly in academic terms, but also in terms of football talent.
I live not far from there, pay some attention to their program, and have gone to several of their games recently. When I read that TDR was transferring there, it made sense to me.

Agree on all points, it looks to be a perfectly logical choice from both football and academic perspectives. I wish TD nothing but success on both fronts going forward!