TD Roof to Transfer

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If TD got his shirt burned to help Gt.
If he stayed and got zero or little pt, it could Potentially a bad situation in a few years.
Undersized but good enough to start for us. He just has football talent. Losing TD is a big loss for next year.

Hope he does well too.
At field level it was evident, he could see where the play was going. His
Dad did have it too.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if he wound up at Indiana because Johnson would not release him to play at another ACC school? I suppose Indiana offered him out of HS.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if he wound up at Indiana because Johnson would not release him to play at another ACC school? I suppose Indiana offered him out of HS.

ACC policy is pretty brutal to transfer within the conference. I doubt CPJ would have restricted TD given the circumstances. I think he ended up at IU due to several factors: ACC transfer policy, schools/coaching staff he was familiar with, Schools actually offering him a place on a team (TD wasn't highly recruited, and just because you want to go play for someone doesn't mean they want you), etc.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Would have done same as him. But I was really looking forward to watching him ball with the Swillings. Sucks for me but @grandpa jacket is right. He was in a tough position from day one. Either his dad was gonna be fired eventually or he and his dad would have been raked over the coals for every failure on D.

Was holding out sliver of hope his teammates could sway him to stay. Hope he has tremendous success at IU. Pretty certain he will.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
ACC policy is pretty brutal to transfer within the conference. I doubt CPJ would have restricted TD given the circumstances. I think he ended up at IU due to several factors: ACC transfer policy, schools/coaching staff he was familiar with, Schools actually offering him a place on a team (TD wasn't highly recruited, and just because you want to go play for someone doesn't mean they want you), etc.
I knew a HS basketball coach who was looking forward to coaching his son. I suggested that might be really difficult, not just the coaching atmosphere, but other players and parents who might see favoritism. He said there was an issue only if the kid was a 'tweener: not really good nor really bad. Those two situations, he said, sorted themselves out. But the middlin' one, well. A problem.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I knew a HS basketball coach who was looking forward to coaching his son. I suggested that might be really difficult, not just the coaching atmosphere, but other players and parents who might see favoritism. He said there was an issue only if the kid was a 'tweener: not really good nor really bad. Those two situations, he said, sorted themselves out. But the middlin' one, well. A problem.

If that HS coach had been very much disliked before his son joined the team....a different dynamic friend.