TaxSlayer Bowl Predictions

Margin of Victory

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
42 to 10 jackets.
We start slow then take off and never look back.
Coach calls a truely great game with JT running the offense like a ell oiled machine

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
34 - 31 GT pulls out the W! Butker field goal as time expires.

Although like all of us, I hope GT is comfortably in control going into the forth quarter and wins in a blow out.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I have wasted the holidays watching parts of about 4 different Kentucky games. They are an interesting team. They run the typical spread but with the twist of actually mixing in much more "wildcat" formations than most teams. They have a bruiser in the cat formation who is a true freshman and is a dead ringer for Mills. Low center of gravity power runner who is very effective in that zone read type plays. Their quarterback is a hot and cold type who is more apt than most spread quarterbacks to pull the ball and run with it. Pretty good passer but prone to throw interceptions at the wrong time. Big and physical offensive line that will give us problems. I hope we can stop their power running otherwise it will be a long afternoon. I may be wrong but the receivers did not strike me as anything special. Not terribly impressed with defense but they are BIG up front. I think we will win but would not be at all surprised if we lost this game if we do not strap it up and play defense. A couple of stops each half and a turnover or two will make life a lot easier.

Deleted member 2897

I hate how we do in bowl games under CPJ. Its like with finals and the winter break that we lose our fitness and sharpness on offense more than the other teams do. Even when we (rarely) have what we call a blowout (Mississippi State 2014), we still gave up over 600 yards to them. Most people have forgotten we gave up such a massive amount of offense to them in that game. Crazy.

I hope we don't pull a Pittsburgh (4 turnovers). Pittsburgh scored a season low 24 points - they had only scored below 37 points once all season.

I am hoping we get an unusual spark to get us going early, like maybe a long Nate Cottrell return or something. We need to generate some early energy.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Boy, do I ever agree with that. We seem to lose our sharpness in bowls, and Johnson always seems to pull out some stupid "trick play" that inevitably backfires on us. I hope he holds to his mantra of sticking with what works, and trust Justin to take charge and lead us to victory.
We were pretty bad in bowls under Chan as well. The two wins were PJ Daniels going off against Tulsa in 2003 and then us getting Syracuse's coach fired basically live on air in 2004.

The 2005 Emerald Bowl against Utah stands out as a particularly low point, similar to the 2010 Air Force loss or the 2008 Peach Bowl when we got nuked by LSU.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kentucky has given up a ton of points this year to any team with an offensive pulse and to a couple that don't. That will continue Saturday. We have done the same at times. The big question for me is how well we will stop them. The most likely scenario is that we will need to play the safeties up in run support to get them stopped with any regularity on the ground. That will leave us open to a few big plays if they have the guys to hit them. I would expect a similar defensive result as the UGAg game for us, maybe GSU too. Stylistically GSU might be the closest match. So, I will go with 27 points allowed.

I'm going with 37-27.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Boy, do I ever agree with that. We seem to lose our sharpness in bowls, and Johnson always seems to pull out some stupid "trick play" that inevitably backfires on us. I hope he holds to his mantra of sticking with what works, and trust Justin to take charge and lead us to victory.

I think a ton of teams lose sharpness in bowl games. There's just a ton of factors that go into it...long layoff between games (AND practice), playing during the holidays, trip to a city where kids may have never been, does the outcome really matter to the team, etc. That's why I never know what to expect in any of the games. That article yesterday saying that we didn't practice well isn't exactly a good thing to hear right before the game, but hopefully it can just be attributed to the travel day and lack of curfew

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
The way this bowl season has gone I don't know what to think about our game anymore! Nothing I thought was going to happen in the games so far has actually happened. My heart says our guys (and our seniors) go out strong but I can't even begin to predict a score.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Do we know if Jordan is getting reps or will it be JT's show? I just have a feeling that UK will pull it off bc they haven't been to a bowl in so long...hope I am wrong...just like I said UNC will beat us by 30+ this week (n)