Taquan Marshall

slugboy

Staff member
We were worried about Goose & I believe he turned out ok.

That took some serious technique coaching from Friedgen, and Goose fell off the year Fridge left.
Not saying Godsey didn’t work, but he didn’t just turn out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
This is a key question for me too. When we were wicked good (2014) it was because General Washington executed this offense how CPJ would if he were playing NCAA 2014. Coach was able to call plays across the spectrum and exploit what the defense prepared least to protect against. He would key in on weakness, then pound away at it until teams crumbled.

Thomas was the Qb in 2014 and we mostly had success because we could just run behind one side of OL and it would work even if the other team knew what was coming.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
By half time we will have a good idea if last years thrower has the makings of a passer. If he is, we could dominate some no factory teams.

Ice,
I gotta disagree.I said last yr vs Tenn when TM hit that tough 3rd down pass in 1st half that he was going to be ok.Well,crap on that.
Passing good vs Al St proves NOTHING .No pressure.Lets see after 3 games. Of course last yr he fell way off later also.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Option starts churning when the leaves start turning
So it is said. Meaning that the triple option requires more precise timing than other offenses which takes a few weeks of fine tuning. Please let us see a real triple option offense this year rather than a B back dive or Quarterback keeper offense which became more predictable and easier to defend in spite of the skills and efforts of Taquon and Kirvonte/ Jerry. I am cautiously hopeful that Taquon will have greatly improved his passing and in all other areas to better diversify the offense. I am hearing good things about the offensive line which last year was an up and down affair. We will see. I don't think we will be able to win games by just outscoring teams as we have in past years (see 2014 and 2016) so better all around play in both defense and special teams is badly needed as well. We still have three weeks to get the offensive line straightened out and fine tune the offense. I think that if we improve incrementally in all phases from week one against Alcorn State to week three we will be in position to ruin yet another "dream season" for Clemson. Other than beating UGA, that is a feeling that makes the sacrifices, pain, lifting, running and every thing else endured by the players worth it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Cheese,
Braun is a SOLID college lineman but at 280ish (and a Jr) he is not in same class as Shaq right now

We may never see the likes of Shaq again as a road paving drive blocking machine just as Dwyer and Thomas remain the "holy grail" of B backs and receivers for this offense. Still, you may not ever see a quicker more athletic guard pulling around on a counter option than Parker. For a safety or outside linebacker coming up to fill the gap there may not be a more frightening specter than the sight of Parker bearing down feet churning looking for some unfortunate soul to pancake into the middle of next week. Scary.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This is a key question for me too. When we were wicked good (2014) it was because General Washington executed this offense how CPJ would if he were playing NCAA 2014. Coach was able to call plays across the spectrum and exploit what the defense prepared least to protect against. He would key in on weakness, then pound away at it until teams crumbled.

I am hopeful with the depth at OL and experienced cast at QB/AB/BB that we will return to that level of mastery on offense. If so, look out, because combining that level of proficiency with an aggressive defense will be a difficult thing to deal with for opposing teams.

Sure, we may get burned a few times on defense by shooting gaps and losing a free smoke route or something, but if so their defense will have to strap up even more quickly and return to the buzzsaw that is a well operating CPJ offense.

It may be that I should stop wearing so much adidas, shorten the pour of my bourbon or ease off the hypetrain but until proven otherwise I’m hopeful that this year we have got something special and even more importantly we are finally turning a corner for sustained excellence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE"...shorten the pour of my bourbon"? Now, now Midtown there is no need to resort to such radical measures. I recommend what my father, God rest his soul, would say when asked what was his favorite past time other than golf "Sit in the old west stands drinking a six year old smooth Kentucky bourbon and watching that football take a lucky Bobby Dodd bounce" It's all good and as you stated so eloquently: get better each seek and turn the corner to "sustained excellence" Yes sir, that is the ticket.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Cheese,
Braun is a SOLID college lineman but at 280ish (and a Jr) he is not in same class as Shaq right now

If he declares for the draft he will get drafted, get paid, and make a 53 man roster. I’m willing to bet on it.

I’m just not sure he will be projected high enough to want to leave early. Time will tell. For selfish reasons I want him back next year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Really? I thought it was the Morgan twins with the big “little brother.”
https://247sports.com/Player/Joshua-Braun-83391/

4983894.jpg

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Even with great quality option offenses (like 2014), it can take it some time to work through the kinks and different things defenses may throw at them (like 2014). What's the saying, "The option starts to roll when the leaves start to fall."?
When the leaves turn, the option churns.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Ice,
I gotta disagree.I said last yr vs Tenn when TM hit that tough 3rd down pass in 1st half that he was going to be ok.Well,crap on that.
Passing good vs Al St proves NOTHING .No pressure.Lets see after 3 games. Of course last yr he fell way off later also.
T M is too short to play q.b and be an effective passer a good defense will stack the box and shut the offense down they do not worry about the pass last year I remember several times receivers were wide open but tm could not see them

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
T M is too short to play q.b and be an effective passer a good defense will stack the box and shut the offense down they do not worry about the pass last year I remember several times receivers were wide open but tm could not see them
Let them stack the box