Swarm Makeover

GT_EE78

Banned
The members that have opted into discuss politics and have been doing so without personal attacks seem to be doing ok so I think we can keep it that way for the time being. A few bad eggs, not surprisingly, got themselves banned. Obviously, those that were effected because they only "tried" to self-moderate but still resorted to personal attacks (on other Georgia Tech fans by the way), will unfortunately not have much of a voice when it comes to whether or not political topics can be discussed in all forums. If that time ever comes, the mods will discuss internally and make the decision.

I hope that makes it more clear.
I don't believe that is true at all.(with respect to my ban)
I was banned from the political forum and did NOT do any personal attack to a fellow swarmster.
I wasn't even given the courtesy of a serious response when i asked why?
I can only speculate as to why i was banned.
I do not consider myself a bad egg. Very Very Dissappointed that you said that and may view GT alums that way.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
That’s not completely true.

A month ago roughly, I was banned from the political forum for repeatedly telling another member to stop harassing me and trying to start a fight. (There was no cursing or personal attacks in the exchange.). A few weeks ago, when discussing the NASCAR rope topic in the general lounge, I mentioned a huge news story being ignored because they didn’t create clickbait like the NASCAR story did - I got an email from you saying you wanted to ban me permanently from the lounge because part of my post referred to a major news story containing political themes in your opinion. I guess the other Mods voted against you again - that’s happened multiple times according to what you’ve told me. IIWII.
You are welcome to believe whatever narrative you want to believe. That's absolutely ok. All I'll say is I trust the mods significantly more than anyone that earned themselves a ban from the politics forum so if you can trust the other mods then that'll have to be our middle ground.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
It looks very similar to the North Korean run GT site but somehow still better. Must be the company we keep.
Everyone runs the same software so...

Which reminds me, anyone have a problem with how things are moderated here, you can start your own and talk about whatever you want there. The software is called xenforo and it's well developed, I really like it.

Deleted member 2897

You are welcome to believe whatever narrative you want to believe. That's absolutely ok. All I'll say is I trust the mods significantly more than anyone that earned themselves a ban from the politics forum so if you can trust the other mods then that'll have to be our middle ground.

I don't have a narrative. I'm quoting your own words in your messages to me. Your disposition is making my point for me. Multiple times you said the other Mods came to my defense. Most recently was June 25th when you told me you wanted to have me permanently banned from the entire Lounge and had the Mods vote on it. Sad Trombone.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Everyone runs the same software so...

Which reminds me, anyone have a problem with how things are moderated here, you can start your own and talk about whatever you want there. The software is called xenforo and it's well developed, I really like it.

no, my point was that I have zero issue with how things are moderated here only that the look is now similar. We keep better company here.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Thanks @John and @CuseJacket ! I love the new, mainstreamed feel of the site! The last site felt very 2005-ish.... I will be wearing out the :gt: and :buzz: emojis and the :poop::poop: one when @kg01 takes credit for his crystal ball posts! ;)

Kg's crystal balls are pristine. They're the best crystal balls you've ever seen.

#Still100%MickieFickie

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Moved this over to the 'New Site' thread in the Lounge.

Can you be more specific about what you're trying to do and what device you are using?
I’m not sure what T was talking about specifically, but the only problem I have is that it is a little more difficult to go from one section of threads back to the main page. The old site had different tabs for each section of threads you were currently in, and you could click through any of those “active” sections at once.
Just for example, while viewing this thread on the old site, you could get to the Swarm Lounge page, and the General Topics page at any time, and now you can only get back to the Lounge.
I’ve found it’s more frustrating in threads that are multiple sections deep, specifically in recruiting threads. Instead of being able to go back immediately to “Georgia Tech Football” from MJ Morris’ thread, you have to go back through the 2022 section, then back to the general recruiting section, then back to the general football section.

It’s only 2 extra clicks, and it’s definitely a 1st world problem, but it’s the only con I have with the new look. Everything else is great!

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure what T was talking about specifically, but the only problem I have is that it is a little more difficult to go from one section of threads back to the main page. The old site had different tabs for each section of threads you were currently in, and you could click through any of those “active” sections at once.
Just for example, while viewing this thread on the old site, you could get to the Swarm Lounge page, and the General Topics page at any time, and now you can only get back to the Lounge.
I’ve found it’s more frustrating in threads that are multiple sections deep, specifically in recruiting threads. Instead of being able to go back immediately to “Georgia Tech Football” from MJ Morris’ thread, you have to go back through the 2022 section, then back to the general recruiting section, then back to the general football section.

It’s only 2 extra clicks, and it’s definitely a 1st world problem, but it’s the only con I have with the new look. Everything else is great!

Thought you explained it well. I always learn best from visuals so I'm posting a screenshot.

This is what we want on mobile:

1594986735469.png

Problem is we only see 'The Swarm Lounge'

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Also - no idea if this is just me, but I need my gif's to post properly.

I used to be able to copy and past them, but when I do that now, no movement. Again, first world problems but felt I would mention it.

1594986994937.png

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if the mods sat around the table discussing whether implementing the new software would be a bigger headache than dealing with the bellyaching that would inevitably follow from the posters...and whether it was worth it. LOL.

That's why we pay them all this money for the privilege to post on this site. (<-- sarcasm)

In all seriousness, thanks for all you do Mods. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't want to deal with myself either...so God bless the mods for their patience and probably a LOT of teeth gritting they probably do.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Thought you explained it well. I always learn best from visuals so I'm posting a screenshot.

This is what we want on mobile:

View attachment 8571

Problem is we only see 'The Swarm Lounge'
Thanks for the screenshot, definitely helps and agree the breadcrumbs being truncated is usability issue for mobile. I think this can be fixed, it just won't look as neat on mobile but I think it's still needed; will try to fix this later tonight.