Surprising 92.9 the game quote

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s sad that some people on here are gonna be happy if we struggle next year & compare GC’s record to PJ’s. It’s like comparing oranges to apples : PJ inherited a top 20 recruiting class (ironically helped by GC), & GC is inherited ....well typical PJ recruiting classes lol

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
um, we still need more exceptions to get those guys in.
Remember, we got into trouble because of our recruiting under O'Leary. And our APR under Gailey was atrocious.
PJ fought like hell to get more staff - which he finally got and won't get to use - and an upgrade in facilities - which again, he got and won't get to put to use in recruiting.
It is a different world recruiting at Tech now than it was under O'Leary. Collins and his tactics aren't going to equal a flood of 4 and 5 stars. Not unless he gets the academic exceptions that PJ's high APR should make possible.

You do realize Johnson offered over 70 4 & 5 stars this year alone don’t you? Please don’t confuse him not recruiting them well with their inability to get in. And if you trust CPJ in regards to APR, which we should, then their is no reason to believe there academic work would be any less than the lower rated recruits we do sign.

LibertyTurns

Banned
This times 10000000000%

CPJ was a football coach. NOT A BRAND MANAGER. He probably thought that's the ADs problem.

Geoff is about to make Todd's job that much easier in a lot of departments, and a lot tougher in others.

CPJ was a hardnosed football coach that went by his book and didn't care what people thought about him or the program. His idea was if we win then shut up.

Geoff is more of if we win and you complain, why? Let's fix it. I think Collins is more of a people person and will know the fanbase better.
Probably not far off the mark. Johnson started with Radakovich then got Sasquatch. By the time Stansbury got there, it was way too late.

I’m not sure we can draw any real conclusions from the Collins pre-honeymoon period. Nearly everyone’s excited about the change & hopeful that glory days lie ahead. All normal post-hire reactions.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
It’s sad that some people on here are gonna be happy if we struggle next year & compare GC’s record to PJ’s. It’s like comparing oranges to apples : PJ inherited a top 20 recruiting class (ironically helped by GC), & GC is inherited ....well typical PJ recruiting classes lol

Where is the evidence in this? No one has said “Well, I hope we lose every game!”...quit making **** up. Everyone here wants to win every game. When the shoe was on the other foot and people complained some posters were rooting against us so CPJ would be fired, I thought that was crazy, also. This thinking is equally crazy. The only person who posts regularly on this board (or used to) that will be rooting against Tech is ILoveTheOption because he is a UVA fan. Everyone who strongly hated the option need to get that through their thick heads. We all want Tech to succeed.