Surprising 92.9 the game quote

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
You may look at the pretty paint job and say look what Paul didn't do. But you choose to ignore the frame that Paul began building so you could paint it pretty.
He was rude and disliked by many, struggled in recruiting, had other coaches in the conference Dislike him. Other than Winning Ball games and graduating players, which he was great at, Paul wasn’t the saint you all make him out to be. You ever wonder why all these teams get bye weeks before GT and why GT got the worst bowl?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
How do you expect for GT to grow it’s brand and attract new members to the fanbase when your head coach is hated by local media? If you want GT to succeed you have to attract sidewalk fans that will help bring more money into the program.

If we truly get new fans that will spend their $$ and stay with GT through the tough times, I like it. Hard to do that at the Institute. We won't be moving BDS to the burbs anytime soon. The Braves built a new stadium to help with their fans - our fans will continue to deal with downtown ATL and the "fun" of that.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
If we get truly fans that will spend their $$ and stay with GT through the tough times, I like it. Hard to do that at the Institute. We won't be moving BDS to the burbs anytime soon. The Braves built a new stadium to help with their fans - our fans will continue to deal with downtown ATL and the "fun" of that.
Look at what Coach Pastner did his first year in the basketball program, sold out tons of games and had students camping out for tickets, it’s all about a Coaches attitude. You think Paul Johnson ever met with students the week before the game and talked to them and got them fired up? He might have but I doubt it.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Look at what Coach Pastner did his first year in the basketball program, sold out tons of games and had students camping out for tickets, it’s all about a Coaches attitude. You think Paul Johnson ever met with students the week before the game and talked to them and got them fired up? He might have but I doubt it.

You can stop when you like. I just want to win, and stand a chance against the big boys sometimes. Excitement without results will be VERY short lived. I am hoping, like you, for excellent results. I certainly don't mind the "fun" and the "show", but without results, the fun and show are just that, and that is not what I am interested in.

CPJ was class - he stepped down with class. Yes, he was ornery, and a lot from his generation do not suffer fools well. Saban doesn't suffer fools well, either. I don't suffer fools and millenials well either, at least a lot of them.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
He was rude and disliked by many, struggled in recruiting, had other coaches in the conference Dislike him. Other than Winning Ball games and graduating players, which he was great at, Paul wasn’t the saint you all make him out to be. You ever wonder why all these teams get bye weeks before GT and why GT got the worst bowl?

Perception is everything. I didn’t see him as rude; I found his behavior to be quite entertaining. But yeah, his demeanor is probably more acceptable to the older crowd. The focus today seems to be more about style rather than substance when having to choose between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I’m done arguing so I’ll just say this :
Paul was a great football coach, did it the right way and was honest and true to every promise he made to players.
BUT
In terms of growing and uniting the fanbase and selling the GT brand to the media and recruits, he failed in that department.
And with my original statement that is what I meant about him hurting us off the field.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

The basketball team was winning games...unexpectedly. Pastner was told that it was unlikely he would win a single ACC game in his first season. He proved them wrong and this created excitement. Before you change the name of Cremins Court to Pastner Court, let’s see if he exceeds expectations this year. GT was picked to finish last in the ACC and right now they are next to last.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The basketball team was winning games...unexpectedly. Pastner was told that it was unlikely he would win a single ACC game in his first season. He proved them wrong and this created excitement. Before you change the name of Cremins Court to Pastner Court, let’s see if he exceeds expectations this year. GT was picked to finish last in the ACC and right now they are next to last.

Agreed, GT 05. CJP was very blessed to have ONE big time NBA talent that he inherited.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer

I’m done with this, you’re taking everything I say out of context. The fans were there win or lose because Pastners attitude brought excitement to the program. I never said anything about JP’s ability to coach, but I’m glad you took it there cause like I said, Other than CPJ’s ability to win the right way, he hurt GT in more ways than you would think. And you just proved my point right.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m done with this, you’re taking everything I say out of context. The fans were there win or lose because Pastners attitude brought excitement to the program. I never said anything about JP’s ability to coach, but I’m glad you took it there cause like I said, Other than CPJ’s ability to win the right way, he hurt GT in more ways than you would think. And you just proved my point right.
You just proved my point, lol. "I am done, but ..."

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I clearly said that winning, not his attitude, created excitement.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
You know what .You are right. I'll also ignore being a fundamental reason we have seen increased football resources, more fair drug policy, etc. I'm going to hate his offense so much I'll keep my blinders on