Support your team. Do not abuse the players.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Love the players for their desire to come to GT and play for the White & Gold.

The Coaches...that's another matter.....they are paid and I as a fan can and should expect more from them.

Deleted member 2897

Literally neither of those things were true. Against VT we tied the game up with just over 2 minutes left. Against GSU we didn't convert a 4th down on the final drive.

So I mixed up the two games but the result is identical. We were down 7 at VT with just over 2 minutes left, needed a miracle 4th and 15 conversion and a miracle turnover from them (We score 10 points in the last 2+ minutes). GaSo we needed a miracle turnover and multiple 3rd and long conversions to win with seconds left. The fact you’re arguing which game had a miracle turnover (they both did) and which one was 4th and long versus 3rd and long is kind of silly. But whatever. If you think that’s a regular win and I think it took amazing luck, I guess we can just disagree. Unlike those games, we’ve had more offense than every team we’ve lined up against this year. It wouldn’t have taken much luck to be 3-0 this year. It took a lot to do it in 2014, but we got the luck then.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We were getting totally disrupted by Pitt’s D-Line. Clemson’s D-Line is probably more talented and Venables has owned CPJ. If we don’t figure something out, things could get ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clemson is going to beat us like a rented mule if our coaches and our players don't "get their minds right" as Miami football players used to say. Clemson is going to look at this tape and think these guys are pushovers. We will see.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
So I mixed up the two games but the result is identical. We were down 7 at VT with just over 2 minutes left, needed a miracle 4th and 15 conversion and a miracle turnover from them (We score 10 points in the last 2+ minutes). GaSo we needed a miracle turnover and multiple 3rd and long conversions to win with seconds left. The fact you’re arguing which game had a miracle turnover (they both did) and which one was 4th and long versus 3rd and long is kind of silly. But whatever. If you think that’s a regular win and I think it took amazing luck, I guess we can just disagree. Unlike those games, we’ve had more offense than every team we’ve lined up against this year. It wouldn’t have taken much luck to be 3-0 this year. It took a lot to do it in 2014, but we got the luck then.

I agree for the most part but there was nothing lucky or miraculous about DJ White baiting that Virginia Tech quarterback for his critical fourth quarter interception.

Deleted member 2897

I agree for the most part but there was nothing lucky or miraculous about DJ White baiting that Virginia Tech quarterback for his critical fourth quarter interception.

Players make plays I know. But VT wasn’t acting like the home team protecting a lead. And our 4th and 15 conversion...man. We can’t stop double bouncing deflected 4th down conversions against us these days.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Yes it really is. We were playing terrible and had amazing luck to win the few games we did win early on. Finally played well for the first time against Miami but then lost to bad Duke and UNC teams. Again, I’m not saying this team can play well like they eventually did, but it was bad football the first month that year. We had no business winning a couple of the early games that we did, like GaSou and VT - they were handed to us by Lady Luck.

People always forget that Clemson lost D. Watson as QB vs us that game. Wonder how things would have played out if he didn’t get hurt, or Heaven forbid, if it had been JT on our side that got hurt?

Kind of sad that we have to keep referring to 5 years ago as our highlight. A year, as you said, we lost to puke and unc.

But shows what beating ugag can mean.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

What is silly is your allusion to this being the same as or even comparable to 2014. We lost by 11 against USF and were handled today with no chance to tie or take the lead after the first quarter. We only had more offense because they were playing prevent and letting us trade yards for time at the end of the game. Neither of those games came down to luck. That fact is we started that year 5-0. That year the luck was what took us from a 7/8 win team to 11 win. This year, even if we got lucky we'd still be a 6-7 win team. The two situations aren't anywhere near the same.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
It is amazing to me how many of us cannot seem to face the fact that we are not , and have not been , a very good football team in quite a while. That certainly DOES NOT mean that we don't have fantastic young men , who work very hard and give great effort , on and off the field. Obviously football is a TEAM game and requires good , if not great execution in ALL phases of each game. A breakdown of even one can usually mean a loss against good competition. Looking back , I did not think Pitt would come in beat down for this game , but physically prepared by playing against superior talent against PSU.
I also think the " luck " will even out over the season and we will end up with a record our FOOTBALL talent and coaching deserve : 6-6.
Ultimately the HC takes responsibility for all team parts on the field, and I have my beefs with CPJ like many of you for the physical , scheme, and mental preparation of the team for the last couple of years. Maybe , he can't , like anyone else ,recruit better talent to GT under the current academic requirements. Interesting to me about that though is that Duke seems to be actually improving under those same guidelines. Anyone remember how truly horrible they were ? We used to say we " owned " them and even UNC. I don't think we "own " anyone at present.
I am preparing myself for a tough rest of this year, and relying on TStan to determine what changes to be made to improve the program. It is ultimately up to him. You think you have a tough job ?

Deleted member 2897

What is silly is your allusion to this being the same as or even comparable to 2014. We lost by 11 against USF and were handled today with no chance to tie or take the lead after the first quarter. We only had more offense because they were playing prevent and letting us trade yards for time at the end of the game. Neither of those games came down to luck. That fact is we started that year 5-0. That year the luck was what took us from a 7/8 win team to 11 win. This year, even if we got lucky we'd still be a 6-7 win team. The two situations aren't anywhere near the same.

It’s almost like we watched different games. When I see us winning by 2 scores in the 4th quarter and then we lose, I see that as a game we should have won. When I see us play Clemson without Watson or convert 4th and longs I think there is a certain amount of luck in that.

Deleted member 2897

We were handled today with no chance to tie or take the lead after the first quarter.

You must have missed that we lost by 5 points while missing an XP, FG, 2 PT, we left 1 guy unblocked who stopped Howard from scoring via the opposite field, and we dropped 2 touchdown passes.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ve seen serious abuse hurled at the players and coaches at UGA, before Richt got there. It’s not the nurturing fan base that you describe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep, it's actually worse than you describe. Strictly fair weather group. If we had a vid with quality sound at the UF game when Quincy was QB, it would cost the dwags a lot of 4 & 5 star recruits. Their suck egg graduation rates don't seem to cost em, but this vid would. Some of their recruits parents wouldn't get past that it was awhile ago.